NCAA Hockey Thread

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Another loss for Michigan. Man they can't be giving away games to teams that are down like Michigan State.

BCdevil

Dec 3, 2006
Muse is absolutely money in the tournament

Agreed. He is 17-1 in his BC career in the Hockey East and NCAA tournaments, with the only loss coming in the 2009 HEA semis to eventual national champion BU.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Cornell hosed Clarkson last night, 5-2. Playing SLU tonight, I'm hoping they win that too for a nice 4 point weekend.

Darius Dangleaitis

Padowan Kovalchuk
Jul 31, 2006
Morristown, NJ
slap.gif

Rick James = UNH
Charlie Murphy = Maine

Lake Whittemore was nice and white-ed out last night.

505594325YctFrO_ph.jpg

Last edited:

Darius Dangleaitis

Padowan Kovalchuk
Jul 31, 2006
Morristown, NJ
Paul Thompson scores his second of the game with 15 seconds left to give UNH the weekend and season sweep of Maine for the year.

First in Hockey East.

All is right with the world.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
watching minnesota-duluth vs Minny right now.

A guy the devs should keep their eye on is mike connolly with minnesota-duluth. Undrafted and has 4 goals already this game. That gives him 16 goals and 39pts on the year in 27 games. Dude is a gamer..

Make it 5 for connolly..

Last edited:

Darius Dangleaitis

Padowan Kovalchuk
Jul 31, 2006
Morristown, NJ
watching minnesota-duluth vs Minny right now.

A guy the devs should keep their eye on is mike connolly with minnesota-duluth. Undrafted and has 4 goals already this game. That gives him 16 goals and 39pts on the year in 27 games. Dude is a gamer..

Make it 5 for connolly..

Just looked him up and saw he's got enough size to play at the next level, too (5'11" 175).

I really hope we go after Paul Thompson. Scored the game winner tonight, giving him 23 goals on the year in 26 games. 41 points in all, which leads Hockey East. He's got a knack for scoring huge goals; the game winner tonight he banked off the goalie's back on the rush from behind the goalline.

Probably has to work on his skating a bit, but from the circles down he is absolute money in the bank. Reminds me of Shanahan.

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008
Gotta love my Miami Redhawks taken both games from Michigan this weekend to take the CCHA lead.

I was impressed by both Merrill and Burlon this weekend though, both played very solid games. Burlon has a nice shot and always finds a way to get it through traffic and did a good job of containing our best player Miele on Friday, but not so much on Saturday. Merrill impressed me on both sides of the ice with great stick work, solid positioning, and a nice shot.

I barely noticed Wohlberg at all though, was hoping to see him impress, but seemed to do nothing in both games.

BCdevil

Dec 3, 2006
The Beanpot kicks off tonight with Northeastern-Harvard in the early game and #1 BC against #14 BU in the nightcap. After sweeping the 3 Hockey East games, BC is looking to make it 5 straight over their archrival for the first time in more than 50 years.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
RIT wins again

Team has been unbeatable lately. Havent lost in 10 games. But Haven't had a 4 point weekend in a while either, but haven't lost. Should be interesting if they sweep Canisius today. They have pulled away from everyone in the AHA. Only team that kinda scares me is NIagara. Only team the Tigers have trouble with. But Shane Maldolora has been insanely good this season. If they can play a full 60 minute game, along with stop taking stupid penalties, they could be making another run. Brenner and Favot have been lighting it up. Just need to get Burt rolling. Got a pretty young team too, ai think they are starting three freshman D-men.

They can't get a new arena fast enough. They sell out the Ritter every game, and have already set up a fund for a new arena.

Rochester really needs a new arena. The Blue cross is too big for them (10,000) even though they sold that out (parents weekend vs Umas Lowell) and the Ritter (2100) is way too small, and are turning fans away daily.
Wondering if Golisano will pony up a few mil after the sale of Sabres. He already has an IT building named after him there that went up a few years back. We know he has a soft spot for hockey now, and he couldnt do anything per NCAA rules when he owned the Sabres. Would be a great thing for the school and him.
I could imagine it being so and so arena at Paychex place or something like that.

I cant imagine what this team would do if they could give out real Scholarships.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad