NCAA Hockey Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Did we? Is there a source on that? I wouldn't be surprised if we really looking at Brown since we recently signed Matt Lorito from there

Tim Wharnsby ‏@TimWharnsby 19m19 minutes ago
Free agent Nick Lappin from Brown has signed with #NJDevils.

This guy's from CBC so I guess it's legit.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Perfect, thanks guys.

Here's another report on Lappin

The 23-year-old has had an excellent season with 16 goals and 32 points in 30 games for the Bears. A sniper, Lappin has an excellent shot and lightning quick release. He also has the soft hands to finish plays in tight, whether those be via tip-in or deflection. Lappin can also play the role of playmaker. He stickhandles well and uses his frame to protect the puck, extending plays on the cycle and then firing a pass to a teammate. He could stand to bulk up if he is going to continue to play this game at the next level. That said while he appears to be extremely skinny, he’s been tougher to knock off the puck than you would think, with good balance, and the instinct to roll away from hits. He’s not afraid to play the game physical either, getting in quickly on the forecheck.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/03/04/top-2016-college-hockey-free-agents-part-2/

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
@Buccigross: ...Nick Lappin: Good size/Got better each year. Comparable to Kyle Baun from Colgate last year/3rd line guy can help out offensively.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Quinnipiac vs Boston College at 5 PM on ESPN 2, in case anybody wants to watch our college kids. North Dakota vs Denver at 8:30 as well. Hopefully the Hawks (I really hate the new nickname by the way) can actually close the deal this year. This will be their 8th appearance in the last 12 Frozen Fours, and no titles to show for it.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Finally! National title #8 for North Dakota! Yeah baby!

Between this and the Devils game, it's been a great night of hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->