NCAA Hockey Thread

ILikeItVeryMuch*

I am shocked I get this in HD. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
There are some desperation efforts taking place, but its not looking good. The ****** thing about it is we have the backing from numerous tribes.

The funny part is that it'd cost over a million to remove all the sioux logos from the Ralph...

if the NCAA went and banned every Indian reference, i can sort of understand the logic behind it. but picking and choosing while letting the big football schools get away with it is total crap.

treat all NCAA affiliated schools the same way or dont

ILikeItVeryMuch*

2-1 Minny at the end of 2, ND has all the momentum and a ****ing brawl breaks

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
if the NCAA went and banned every Indian reference, i can sort of understand the logic behind it. but picking and choosing while letting the big football schools get away with it is total crap.

treat all NCAA affiliated schools the same way or dont

You're preaching to the choir my friend.

They have the backing from the spirit lake Sioux tribe. But the problem is that you need support from two or more tribes as per the 2007 lawsuit settlement from the NCAA. They have failed to get the standing rock vote on a couple occasions...

The funny thing about the lawsuit is that it opposes native american names and logos. Why are the sioux only being made an example of? I still think they should just drop the "fighting" and be the ND Sioux.

Not only that, but there's a ~20 second dedication speech to the tribes and how we respect them, the logo and their tradition before each game..

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
You're preaching to the choir my friend.

They have the backing from the spirit lake Sioux tribe. But the problem is that you need support from two or more tribes as per the 2007 lawsuit settlement from the NCAA. They have failed to get the standing rock vote on a couple occasions...

The funny thing about the lawsuit is that it opposes native american names and logos. Why are the sioux only being made an example of? I still think they should just drop the "fighting" and be the ND Sioux.

Not only that, but there's a ~20 second dedication speech to the tribes and how we respect them, the logo and their tradition before each game..

I could be wrong on this, but I think the Standing Rock nation didn't even have a vote the last time because they were going through some kind of leadership change. They weren't able to get a vote in before the deadline.

Personally I think the whole thing is just more ******** in the politically correct world we live in. I have yet to meet one Sioux fan who uses the name in a "hostile or abusive" way. They use it with pride, not as an insult to Native Americans.

It's just a shame that a nickname that has been used for more than 80 years is going to go away because of this.

Mr.Krinkle

Hello there children
Apr 2, 2007
Kitchen
The Fighting Sioux are going yet the Redskins can stay.

Might as well call them the Washington N*****s, at least there's enough people left alive to be offended by that word

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I could be wrong on this, but I think the Standing Rock nation didn't even have a vote the last time because they were going through some kind of leadership change. They weren't able to get a vote in before the deadline.

Personally I think the whole thing is just more ******** in the politically correct world we live in. I have yet to meet one Sioux fan who uses the name in a "hostile or abusive" way. They use it with pride, not as an insult to Native Americans.

It's just a shame that a nickname that has been used for more than 80 years is going to go away because of this.

Agree with all of that. I just don't get why it's only the sioux being picked on. The braves, the seminoles, the redskins, etc. And I'm no expert on this. Isn't in the contract when ralph had the arena built that if the nickname dies, they still can't remove the logos from the arena?

I mean, it was appraised at over 1 million to remove them anyways...

And a side point, but my gawd, Kristo has regressed in a big way. One too many moves every time he has the puck, too much of a perimeter game and looks lost without it..

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
**** those unranked *****es. I'm going to a sioux-gophers games in mariucci next year and I'm going to mock all those ****s.

One thing is certain, the sioux will destroy them tomorrow night. Hak will have them flying..

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Agree with all of that. I just don't get why it's only the sioux being picked on. The braves, the seminoles, the redskins, etc. And I'm no expert on this. Isn't in the contract when ralph had the arena built that if the nickname dies, they still can't remove the logos from the arena?

I mean, it was appraised at over 1 million to remove them anyways...

And a side point, but my gawd, Kristo has regressed in a big way. One too many moves every time he has the puck, too much of a perimeter game and looks lost without it..

I think his kids had something in the contract changed after he died so that's no longer the case. The thing is, I don't think the NCAA cares. They want things their way, and unfortunately they're probably going to get it. They don't give a **** about tradition, school pride, or anything as long as they get their way.

Tough loss tonight for the Sioux. Hopefully they can come back strong tomorrow night and kick the **** out of the Diving Gophers.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

The people behind the Sioux being forced to remove their name probably have never even been to a hockey game.

It's this bleeding heart crap that is ruining this country. Get a real cause, hippies.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I think his kids had something in the contract changed after he died so that's no longer the case. The thing is, I don't think the NCAA cares. They want things their way, and unfortunately they're probably going to get it. They don't give a **** about tradition, school pride, or anything as long as they get their way.

Tough loss tonight for the Sioux. Hopefully they can come back strong tomorrow night and kick the **** out of the Diving Gophers.

The thing is that, the NCAA can't come in and say "remove those logos." They can, however, say that the sioux can't host anything until they're gone..Like a final 5. And of course we want to have any big event possible at our house..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad