NCAA Hockey Thread

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The thing is that, the NCAA can't come in and say "remove those logos." They can, however, say that the sioux can't host anything until they're gone..Like a final 5. And of course we want to have any big event possible at our house..

True. The whole thing is just stupid.

I'm part Irish, I think we should start a petition to get Notre Dame to change their name. Fighting Irish, I mean come on. That's clearly "hostile and abusive" to Irish people.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Caught the 2nd half of the Ferris State/Michigan game but unfortunately missed all the scoring. Burlon led the way with a goal and an assist. Didn't notice Merrill much but nobody really stood out. Wohlberg had a couple nice shifts using his big body to drive the net. Ferris State senior goalie Pat Nagle (possible free agent of interest for us) stopped 34/37 but left some bad rebounds that could have easily turned into more goals.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
That Air Force Jersey they were using tonight is sweet.
Army's Leading Scorer, Danny Colvin is from Vernon, NJ.

RIT with another Win over Bentley, The last team to beat them at the Ritter. I think the TIgers have won 12 straight at home or something. Tyler Brenner with another goal now has 16...(second Nationally)
8 penalties again, but bentley had 13 somehow. Didnt listen to whole game but it sounded like a bruiser.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
My schools hockey team apparently isnt in the ncaa, but we're ****ing beast. someone told me were going to nationals this year...plus we have some 25 year old graduate student who played minors for a bit on the team lol

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
My schools hockey team apparently isnt in the ncaa, but we're ****ing beast. someone told me were going to nationals this year...plus we have some 25 year old graduate student who played minors for a bit on the team lol
Acha? What school?

I went to the acha tourney a few years ago when they were in geneva/Batavia Illinois. Pretty good games to watch

Chico Eats

Jul 10, 2009
Branchburg
Anyone have a ruling on who is the bigger group of ******* during that North Dakota/Minnesota bench fight? Minnesota for double teaming every Sioux player, tackling them, and not even letting them off the ice, or the Sioux for not getting more people involved? The cameras didn't show the refs holding back the Sioux, I'm sure they wanted to get more people in there, and there were no available refs to step the Minnesota slaughter that was going on in the middle of the ice.

I vote Minnesota. Go Sioux.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Anyone have a ruling on who is the bigger group of ******* during that North Dakota/Minnesota bench fight? Minnesota for double teaming every Sioux player, tackling them, and not even letting them off the ice, or the Sioux for not getting more people involved? The cameras didn't show the refs holding back the Sioux, I'm sure they wanted to get more people in there, and there were no available refs to step the Minnesota slaughter that was going on in the middle of the ice.

Every single player on that goofup team is a ***** d-bag. The sioux are going to wreck them tonight..

Last edited by a moderator:

Darius Dangleaitis

Padowan Kovalchuk
Jul 31, 2006
Morristown, NJ
That Air Force Jersey they were using tonight is sweet.
Army's Leading Scorer, Danny Colvin is from Vernon, NJ.

RIT with another Win over Bentley, The last team to beat them at the Ritter. I think the TIgers have won 12 straight at home or something. Tyler Brenner with another goal now has 16...(second Nationally)
8 penalties again, but bentley had 13 somehow. Didnt listen to whole game but it sounded like a bruiser.

Played against Colvin in high school. Needless to say he's pretty good.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

And all of it over a perfectly clean hit by Malone at the end of the period. I thought it was funny the Gopher that tried to go after Malone (I think it was Cepis), and Gregoire just knocked him down. Typical Gopher "toughness" though, double teaming players.

I'm hoping the Sioux slaughter them tonight.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
And all of it over a perfectly clean hit by Malone at the end of the period. I thought it was funny the Gopher that tried to go after Malone (I think it was Cepis), and Gregoire just knocked him down. Typical Gopher "toughness" though, double teaming players.

I'm hoping the Sioux slaughter them tonight.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

A peewee player could rag doll cepis around.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I could pick up Cepis and rock him like a newborn child....puzzy *****.

Then you have Barriball running around out there crosschecking Sioux players acting TUFFFF, then when rodwell lays a shoulder into him he goes flopping to the ice like a fish out of water. soft d-bag.

The entire gophers program is trash. From their whining puzzy ass *****ing coach to their diving loser players. Garbage.

HOLY CROSSSSS

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This is freaking great...

If you go the site in the video, they've got some good stuff on there. I'm actually tempted to buy one of those jerseys (they have shirts and hats with that logo on it too).

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Well, It looks like The Canucks have called up D Chris Tanev. Not a big deal to many here, but Chris will be the first player out of RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) to play an NHL game tonight. Big Steps for the RIT Program. (Posted in news around league also. )

He won the AHA Rookie of the Year last year before leaving early to sign with the Moose.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Florida Gulf Coast University. D2
The Tourney i saw had Mich State, Illinois, Robert Morris(Illinois) and a few others.
Played against Colvin in high school. Needless to say he's pretty good.

He seems a bit small, but he and that Santee kid play well together for Army. He left Vernon to play at a prep school in Mass his sophomore year or something.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This kid has a better wrist shot and one timer than most players in the National Hockey League.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=114915&encode=TRUE

If the rest of his game weren't lacking, i'd consider him a future NHL goal scorer. Certainly looks like he has a shot, if he stays all 4 years to break TJ Trevelyan's school goals record of 78. Look out for the Saints, folks, they are on the rise.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Florida Gulf Coast University. D2

The Tourney i saw had Mich State, Illinois, Robert Morris(Illinois) and a few others.

He seems a bit small, but he and that Santee kid play well together for Army. He left Vernon to play at a prep school in Mass his sophomore year or something.

The team I coach/GM (University of Dayton) played Florida Gulf Coast at the D2 showcase a few years back. Lost like 6-1. I blame the fact we played on an olympic ice surface for part of it - that favors the more talented (and faster) team which was not us in this case.

We also have had a graduate of the team go on to play semi-pro for a few games. He was a spitting image of a lesser skilled Ilya Kovalchuk. Go fast down the boards, dangle and cut to the middle of the ice and take a wrist shot.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=109070

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Figured I should have shown the actual jersey Air force wore vs Army. I remember hearing they were wearing the Jersey to represent the Air force as a whole Rather than just the Academy.
Pretty cool
6124420.jpeg

Notice the other logo on back in Grey behind the Numbers. I like plain design....
6116589.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad