NCAA Hockey Thread

ILikeItVeryMuch*

Big weekend for my adopted NCAA team, North Dakota. I am happy I chose the Sioux at the beginning of this season as there is really no high profile college hockey in this area to follow. I love NCAA hockey, but I never had a legit rooting interest until I chose the Sioux.

I am very jealous of people who get to attend Sioux games, that's a trip I would like to make soon. Supposedly this game against Minny is a whiteout, anyone know if will be televised?

Go ND.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
I don't think the ND game is on nationally just on the regional networks. I doubt they have blackout rules so if you have direct TV you can probably watch it. It's on Fox Sports North.

Also Michigan Vs Ferris State will be on nationally on CBS Sports Network at 7:30.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
D'oh Big Ten isn't choosing to air it

Sat., Nov. 6: Wisconsin at Minnesota, 8 p.m.
Sun., Nov. 28: Michigan at Minnesota, 5:30 p.m.
Fri., Dec. 3: Michigan at Ohio State, 7:30 p.m.
Sat., Dec. 11: Michigan State at Michigan, 3 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 7: Michigan at Michigan State, 7:30 p.m.
Fri., Feb. 4: Michigan State at Ohio State, 7:30 p.m.
Fri., Feb. 11: Ohio State at Michigan, 7:30 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 12: Ohio State at Michigan, 7:30 p.m.
Fri., Feb. 18: Minnesota at Wisconsin, 8 p.m.

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/subindex/sports/hockey

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The Big Red are not playing particularly well this season either. 6-8-1 right now. Hope they pick it up.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
NO adoptiing a superpower here....Just RIT (Alum), who has been playing well, but has to learn to stay out of the Box.

Also for Good NCAA Action in the Jersey area: 1-4 hours gets you a ton of teams....
Army- Robert Morris At home
Princeton- Plays Yale and RPI, Union Home left on Schedule
RPI
Union
Quinnipiac
Sacred heart
Yale
Providence
Map_-_College_Hockey_-_all_men%27s_D-I_locations.svg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Glad this thread got opened somewhere. Yale is the ECAC's first #1 ranked team in quite some time. Looking for them to maybe do some damage in the NCAAs

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I'll either be rocking my Sioux parise tee this weekend or my Sioux jersey. SIOUX YEAH YEAHHHH

Both games will be on fox college sports. Time to stomp the golden goofups...

Would die to be at the Ralph this weekend.

BCdevil

Dec 3, 2006
#3 BC vs. #13 Maine will be on CBSCS Sunday night at 7 if anyone wants to check out the defending national champions

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Also Michigan Vs Ferris State will be on nationally on CBS Sports Network at 7:30.

Boing. I liked watching Michigan before with just Wohlberg/Burlon, now it's a real treat with Jon Merrill. I'm kinda regretting not making a bigger effort to fly out for the outdoor game.

Couple guys who are persons of interest on the Ferris State side. Senior goalie Pat Nagle who's putting up terrific numbers: 1.76 GAA, .930 save percentage. Not sure if he's a product of the system and Ferris State seems to be a very defensive minded club. Watched Ferris State/Minnesota from a couple weeks ago, Nagle seemed like he decent quickness but also had some issues with rebound control--Devils prospect Seth Helgeson got a gift assist when Nagle misplayed his slapshot right to a Minnesota forward who got an easy rebound goal.

Another guy that I'm keeping my eye on is Ferris State senior captain Zach Redmond. He's a right handed defenseman with good size (6'2 205) and some offensive ability. Currently leads the team in points with 16 in 17 games. 7th round draft pick of the Thrashers, so there's the possibility they don't get him signed and he becomes a free agent.

ILikeItVeryMuch said:
Big weekend for my adopted NCAA team, North Dakota.

Very much hoping that the Devils are in the bidding for Chay Genoway in a few months.

vonbonds

My boy is the Stig!
Oct 18, 2008
Landenberg, PA
Big weekend for my adopted NCAA team, North Dakota. I am happy I chose the Sioux at the beginning of this season as there is really no high profile college hockey in this area to follow. I love NCAA hockey, but I never had a legit rooting interest until I chose the Sioux.

I am very jealous of people who get to attend Sioux games, that's a trip I would like to make soon. Supposedly this game against Minny is a whiteout, anyone know if will be televised?

Go ND.

Wow, you randomly picked the Sioux? I had to go to college there to become a fan :). It was a huge transition for me as Middletown, NJ was nothing like Grand Forks, ND in the winter...which lasts a very long time!

PS. Just for you keeping score that was over 20 years ago now!

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
As an NU alumn, I'm glad to see the Hobey Baker Thief (Gilroy) disappointing everyone with his play in the NHL. Especially while Thiessen is doing amazingly well in the AHL and has been named a starter to the ASG. Thiessen should have won it that year.

Anyway, for NU it really is..."Ohhh nooo, we suck again!"

ILikeItVeryMuch*

Wow, you randomly picked the Sioux? I had to go to college there to become a fan :). It was a huge transition for me as Middletown, NJ was nothing like Grand Forks, ND in the winter...which lasts a very long time!

PS. Just for you keeping score that was over 20 years ago now!

Parise being an alum made the choice easy, also they have the best logo in college hockey.

I was tired of watching college hockey and not having a rooting interest. ND it is.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I should've planned a trip back home for the sioux-goofups series.

You haven't seen anything until you've been at the ralph right before puck drop for a Sioux-Goofups series.

Mr.Krinkle

Hello there children
Apr 2, 2007
Kitchen
Badass I get this game, don't have a rooting interest in NCAA hockey either but I'll back ND in this one for sure

Haha very audible "**** the Gophers" chant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad