Prospect Info: NCAA Frozen Fours - UMass vs UMD

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
i watched some of the Biondi game and it's been a decent game but it's tough to watch with that announcer as she just doesn't have a voice for calling the game, no offense. Starman is great but her voice I had to turn down the sound and then I just turned it off since Biondi wasn't playing much anyway.

Isn't it Leah Hextall, Ron Hextall's cousin?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
didn't catch her name

I think it's her. And I realized it's her because the color commentator was an NHL scout (don't know who he is). He said he scouted in Toronto under Burke. And then he said his first job as a scout was under (and he made her guess who). She jokingly asked if it was under someone with a familiar sounding name to hers. He laughed and said, yes it was under Ron. To which she wondered how he could be an executive with all the pucks to the head he's gotten throughout his career.

I figured it was her. I then did a quick research and she has been a play-by-play announcer for the NCAA Tournament since 2019.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think it's her. And I realized it's her because the color commentator was an NHL scout (don't know who he is). He said he scouted in Toronto under Burke. And then he said his first job as a scout was under (and he made her guess who). She jokingly asked if it was under someone with a familiar sounding name to hers. He laughed and said, yes it was under Ron. To which she wondered how he could be an executive with all the pucks to the head he's gotten.

I figured it was her. I then did a quick research and she has been a play-by-play announcer for the NCAA Tournament since 2019.

that's former Hab NCAA scout Dave Starman, the best in college hockey

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
North Dakota makes it 2-1 after they pull their goalie. 1:39 left in the game.

Smart goal by ND. Guy was behind the goal line and shoots the puck on the UMD goalie's back and the puck bounces in.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And they tie it with 55.5 seconds left.

The player that wanted to shoot, fanned on his shot. And the puck slid to the other side where a ND player was waiting there and shot it in the open net.

Reactions: canucklover123

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Strangely MD still has the advantage right now after that goal scenario....

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That NCAA rule is great though. NHL should take note. If there's an offside, yet the defending team touches the puck in any kind, you can't revied the offside. You had the chance to take control, suck it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Unless Omaha-Nebraska mounts an insane comeback with several minutes leslft in the game, Minnesota should be off to the West Regional Final where they'll play Minnesota State tomorrow.

Minnesota is now up 7-2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad