Prospect Info: NCAA Frozen Fours - UMass vs UMD

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Ugh why such a long wait between the second round and frozen four... If Wisconsin makes it to the finals, and Caufield signs the day after, the earliest he can play pro is on the 26th after the 14 days quarantine (hopefully the government loosens the restrictions though). Will the AHL still be playing then? Caufield might have to jump straight into he NHL and will have like 6 or 7 games, with 4 against the leafs, to adjust before the playoffs. Can he pull a Subban or Makar and be effective right of the bat? I sure hope so hehe

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ugh why such a long wait between the second round and frozen four... If Wisconsin makes it to the finals, and Caufield signs the day after, the earliest he can play pro is on the 26th after the 14 days quarantine (hopefully the government loosens the restrictions though). Will the AHL still be playing then? Caufield might have to jump straight into he NHL and will have like 6 or 7 games, with 4 against the leafs, to adjust before the playoffs. Can he pull a Subban or Makar and be effective right of the bat? I sure hope so hehe

Yes. Laval's last game of the season is on May 15th, a week after Habs play their final game on May 8th. However, the NHL will have playoffs. And unless something changes along the way, the AHL will not have playoffs this year.

Reactions: FLHabs

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
a5642505b448d586e35ba96ce27fbb8e.jpg
They lost the small trophy but now onto the big one/real deal!

Not the same but would compare to losing the Prince of Wales/Clarence Campbell Trophy/Bowl but then winning the Stanley Cup back in the day(I know it wasn't possible in the NHL lol).

Thanks and credit to @montreal and @Adam Michaels for explaining the rules.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
View attachment 408471 They lost the small trophy but now onto the big one/real deal!

Not the same but would compare to losing the Prince of Wales/Clarence Campbell Trophy/Bowl but then winning the Stanley Cup back in the day(I know it wasn't possible in the NHL lol).

Thanks and credit to @montreal and @Adam Michaels for explaining the rules.

Yes as winning a conference championship is great but winning the National Championship is what they play for just like winning the cup.

So Hab prospect Blake Biondi plays for UMD, they are the only team in history to win back to back to back National Championships (coached by former Hab Scott Sandelin, who coached Team USA at the WJC'S in '20) they had a legit shot to go for 4 in a row despite no team ever doing more then 2 in a row but due to covid they didn't have the Frozen Four. So this year they will try for 4.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
https://www.uscho.com/2021/03/18/br...w-the-ncaa-hockey-tournament-field-will-look/

it's a little long but these guys are pretty good at getting the brackets right. So there's been a change since I posted as BU is not on as stable ground as they were. We need Lowell to lose tomorrow to UMass, not saying BU can't get in if Lowell wins but it will help if they lose since that's the only way they can get it.

Also need Quinnipac and AIC to win tomorrow night, no upsets as the winners get in and would knock 2 teams out.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so the field should be set, though surprisingly Henrikson was the first Hab prospect to officially make it in since this team won the WCHA so they get an automatic bid. CC/Gorniak, Biondi and Tuch will all be there as well. Tomorrow we find out the rankings, and which sections they will be in.

Reactions: canucklover123

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Fun to see the Mavs at 1 on the pairwise. Couple things guaranteed in life......death, taxes and Minesota State choking at the tourney

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
so the field should be set, though surprisingly Henrikson was the first Hab prospect to officially make it in since this team won the WCHA so they get an automatic bid. CC/Gorniak, Biondi and Tuch will all be there as well. Tomorrow we find out the rankings, and which sections they will be in.

So hype. Henrikson for Hobey.
Maybe Henrikson will get his first point of the season in the final four tournament. :laugh:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
some talk of Wisconsin getting put with the 1s instead of the 2s, that would give them a easier road depending on who they ended up with and that they don't choke like Poehling's SCSU did not once but twice.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
some talk of Wisconsin getting put with the 1s instead of the 2s, that would give them a easier road depending on who they ended up with and that they don't choke like Poehling's SCSU did not once but twice.

I follow mostly HE, I'm curious to see if we get more HE teams than the pairwise indicates. BU, UMA, BC are in. I wonder which if they do of PC/UML/Uconn get in.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I follow mostly HE, I'm curious to see if we get more HE teams than the pairwise indicates. BU, UMA, BC are in. I wonder which if they do of PC/UML/Uconn get in.

I have seen some with Providence making it, will be tough for them to get 4 in. I mostly watched Big 10 and Hockey East. I know some are triggered by the ECAC getting 2 teams.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I have seen some with Providence making it, will be tough for them to get 4 in. I mostly watched Big 10 and Hockey East. I know some are triggered by the ECAC getting 2 teams.

I'm mad that St Lawrence is in as well haha. But to be fair, Clarkson would be in if they didnt call it a season. So doesnt make a difference from the number of bids ECAC would get

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
SLU withdraws from the tournament with QU taking their spot. Looks better for a HE team to get in now

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
SLU...the alma mater of our esteemed and visionary owner. Kind of hilarious that SLU was the best Geoff could do given their outrageous wealth and all.

Looking forward to watching CC here. And Arvid

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Pretty upset that BU and BC are in the same regional. I thought Bowling green deserved a bid, don’t know how notre dame got one.

no pc and Denver this year, that’s new

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad