Prospect Info: NCAA Frozen Fours - UMass vs UMD

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the op is updated with the dates and times for all 4 games.

Not the way I had hoped it would go, Wisconsin should win on Friday, UMass likely wins so that will be a tough match up. If Wisconsin wins no Caufield till after April 8th or 10th.

BU and Tuch are in a brutal section, SCSU will be tough for sure, if they get past them then they have had success vs BC but that is a real tough team to beat.

UMD and Biondi vs all the '21 draft guys in Michigan should be a lot of fun, I could see UMD winning as just find a way. AIC surprised SCSU when Poehling was there but beating North Dakota is a tall order. A ND-UMD game would be a lot of fun and great experience for Biondi.

I haven't watched Henrikson and LSSU but UMass is a well coached team, got to think they lose and even if they win I can't see them beating Wisconsin assuming they don't choke.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So all the games will be available on TSN's website as a stream.

The East Regional Final will be on TV, which is Wisconsin's section. If they beat Bemidji State, we will have their next game on TV.

And of course, the Final of the Frozen Four.

Reactions: dralaf

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good news, RDS will have Wisconsin's game on Friday at 1PM ET against Bemidji State. If Wisconsin wins, they will have their next game on Saturday at 4PM ET.

TSN will have the Saturday game on TV, as well. But that will be no matter who plays. RDS will broadcast the Saturday game only if Wisconsin plays.

Reactions: Milhouse40

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i should have vids posted after every game except Henrikson as his game bumps up against Laval's and I don't really see the point. We'll see what happens on Sat/Sunday if/when teams advance.

I put in my bracket at uscho, did a all Hab prospect one, picking their teams to win each game with Caufield taking on Tuch and Wisconsin winning it all. Since it's for 100 bucks though I might put in a different one that's more realistic.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I imagine that would mean that Boston College gets a bye because it's too late to get a replacement team.

i assume so, providence would likely be the next team up and they are only 2.5 hours away I believe but they just lost their best player to the NHL. But there's talk of more covid cases so we'll have to see if any other teams are out.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The day is finally here. The NCAA Tournament begins today.

East Regional in Albany, NY
Wisconsin vs. Bemidji State @ 1PM ET
Lake Superior vs. U-Mass @ 6:30PM ET

Midwest Regional in Fargo, ND
Minnesota-Duluth vs. Michigan @ 4PM ET
North Dakota vs. American International @ 7:30PM ET

4 of the 5 Habs prospects in the tournament are in action today. Caufield & Gorniak for Wisconsin. Henrikson for Lake Superior, and Biondi for Minnesota-Duluth.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Exa3WBQW8A08Q_P

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
U-Mass beat Lake Superior 5-1.

So the East Final in Albany tomorrow will be U-Mass vs. Bemidji State.

Also, North Dakota is up 4-0 on American International in the 1st period. To no one's surprise really. Minnesota-Duluth waiting to face the winner of this game tomorrow.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Northeast Regional Semi-Finals - Albany, NY
Boston University vs. St. Cloud State @ 1PM ET (Luke Tuch)

West Regional Semi-Finals - Loveland, COL
Quinipiac vs. Minnesota State @ 5PM ET
Nebraska-Omaha vs. Minnesota @ 10PM ET

East Regional Final - Bridgeport, CONN
Bemidji State vs. U-Mass @ 5PM ET

Midwest Regional Final - Fargo, ND
Minnesota-Duluth vs. North Dakota @ 7:30PM ET (Blake Biondi)

All games are streamed on TSN's website. Also, TSN is set to broadcast the Bemidji State/U-Mass game on TV.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
BU did a real good job killing that 5 min major which was kind of questionable. Tuch has been ok so far. The game has been ok, BU is a high offensive team but I question their goaltending but so far it's been the goaltending that's kept the scored tied.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't seen much of Luke Tuch but seems like his stock is rising this year

he's had a really good year, granted BU has not played a lot of games so it's like he's gotten half a season in. But next year he'll likely be at the WJC"s, hopefully a full season at BU and they are a young team so they could be pretty good again netxt year (though depends on who else they lose besides Farrance which is a huge loss)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad