NBA NBA Allows Players to Change Jersey Name to Message of Social Justice

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
you don't want to get into Cotton's stance because it would expose the hypocrisy of the FHK 'movement': they're freedom fighters while BLM are terrorists

you're comparing China with how they're fighting terrorism to how the US put people in internment camps for simply being from a different country? talk about weird arguments
I don't care to discuss Cotton because I'm not Cotton, you aren't Cotton, neither one of us are Cotton supporters, and Cotton doesn't speak for FHK or BLM. He also isn't relevant to the NBA and political stance discussion. I genuinely don't understand the point you are making by bringing him up.

So all Uighur's are terrorists or that they are an acceptable loss in the fight against terrorism? Yes, grouping people in who are not actually at fault for those crimes and punishing them is exactly what the US did during WW2. That's exactly what you are arguing that China is justified for doing.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I don't care to discuss Cotton because I'm not Cotton, you aren't Cotton, neither one of us are Cotton supporters, and Cotton doesn't speak for FHK or BLM. He also isn't relevant to the NBA and political stance discussion. I genuinely don't understand the point you are making by bringing him up.

So all Uighur's are terrorists or that they are an acceptable loss in the fight against terrorism? Yes, grouping people in who are not actually at fault for those crimes and punishing them is exactly what the US did during WW2. That's exactly what you are arguing that China is justified for doing.

actually he does speak for FHK as he is one of its main supporters and was just sanctioned by China - along with Rubio, Cruz, etc,. the NBA doesn't have a stance on FHK - nor do they have a stance on Yemen, Syria, Palestine, etc,. they're just saying BLM - but that makes them hypocrites to you

i didn't say all Uighurs are terrorists. it's pretty obvious for China to know those who went to Syria via Turkey - unless you think it's all Uighurs who are imprisoned...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
actually he does speak for FHK as he is one of its main supporters and was just sanctioned by China - along with Rubio, Cruz, etc,. the NBA doesn't have a stance on FHK - nor do they have a stance on Yemen, Syria, Palestine, etc,. they're just saying BLM - but that makes them hypocrites to you

i didn't say all Uighurs are terrorists. it's pretty obvious for China to know those who went to Syria via Turkey - unless you think it's all Uighurs who are imprisoned...
A US Senator speaks for Free Hong Kong, lol. The NBA absolutely has a stance on FHK, it's stance is to silence people making a stance on it. It's not the same as any of the other issues because they didn't try to deflect and silence someone within the NBA making a statement on those issues. If China money wasn't involved they probably would've been fine with Morey being outspoken like Kanter has been outspoken with Erdogan.

Is it your take that all Uighurs facing some for of punishment, not just including imprisonment are guilty of terrorism? No innocents are being punished? Or that if an innocent gets caught up in some form of punishment, then the ends justify the means?

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
A US Senator speaks for Free Hong Kong, lol. The NBA absolutely has a stance on FHK, it's stance is to silence people making a stance on it. It's not the same as any of the other issues because they didn't try to deflect and silence someone within the NBA making a statement on those issues. If China money wasn't involved they probably would've been fine with Morey being outspoken like Kanter has been outspoken with Erdogan.

Is it your take that all Uighurs facing some for of punishment, not just including imprisonment are guilty of terrorism? No innocents are being punished? Or that if an innocent gets caught up in some form of punishment, then the ends justify the means?

where is Kanter from again and where is Morey from

now you're talking in assumptions

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
where is Kanter from again and where is Morey from

now you're talking in assumptions

In your view, people can only have political opinions based on the area they are from? Glad people didn't have that attitude in the 40s.

No, I'm trying to clarify posts that you've made on here. You've justified China's actions in the fight against terrorism. I have a feeling if the US did something similar, you'd be completely against it, that's why I brought up what we did in WW2. I'm sure you are against the discrimination people of Middle Eastern descent received here after 9/11.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
In your view, people can only have political opinions based on the area they are from? Glad people didn't have that attitude in the 40s.

No, I'm trying to clarify posts that you've made on here. You've justified China's actions in the fight against terrorism. I have a feeling if the US did something similar, you'd be completely against it, that's why I brought up what we did in WW2. I'm sure you are against the discrimination people of Middle Eastern descent received here after 9/11.

no. i'm just annoyed when someone who has no idea what they're talking about voices their opinion. dunno what the 40s have to do with this - oh right, China is Nazi Germany now

the US destroyed countries in its war on terror. only after 9/11? the first guy to get busted for the Oklahoma bombing was Palestinian and a lot of Americans wanted to bomb my people.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
no. i'm just annoyed when someone who has no idea what they're talking about voices their opinion. dunno what the 40s have to do with this - oh right, China is Nazi Germany now

the US destroyed countries in its war on terror. only after 9/11? the first guy to get busted for the Oklahoma bombing was Palestinian and a lot of Americans wanted to bomb my people.
You act like people in the US should only have opinions on the US, and that is just absurd. Never said China was like Nazi Germany...

Where did I say only after 9/11? Just using a reference point. I don't know who your people are, so can't really respond to that. You still haven't responded to how you've justified China's actions, and I've never said US foreign policy is good, it's mostly absurd. You justify China's actions in the same way you condemn the US's, that's being hypocritical.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
You act like people in the US should only have opinions on the US, and that is just absurd. Never said China was like Nazi Germany...

Where did I say only after 9/11? Just using a reference point. I don't know who your people are, so can't really respond to that. You still haven't responded to how you've justified China's actions, and I've never said US foreign policy is good, it's mostly absurd. You justify China's actions in the same way you condemn the US's, that's being hypocritical.

yeah well, that's probably because a lot of people have been massacred because of such opinions

i think China teaching some Uighurs trades so they can uplift themselves from poverty and not resort to terrorism to make a living isn't a terrible idea. and yes, i do believe HK should be in China's hands and not the West's

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
yeah well, that's probably because a lot of people have been massacred because of such opinions

i think China teaching some Uighurs trades so they can uplift themselves from poverty and not resort to terrorism to make a living isn't a terrible idea. and yes, i do believe HK should be in China's hands and not the West's
What?

So, that's what we are calling their treatment of Uighurs? And if China doesn't provide job training, then they'll just all become terrorists...wow. HK should be left in the hands of HK.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
What?

So, that's what we are calling their treatment of Uighurs? And if China doesn't provide job training, then they'll just all become terrorists...wow. HK should be left in the hands of HK.

how do you think wars are sold to people

who do you think the US targets when they're recruiting people to sign up in the military

HK belongs to China whether you like it or not

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
how do you think wars are sold to people

who do you think the US targets when they're recruiting people to sign up in the military

HK belongs to China whether you like it or not
Again, what? How does this tie in to people should only have political opinions on the places that they are from? That is such an absurd opinion.

Working class, but what does that have to do with anything.

Just like Taiwan...

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Again, what? How does this tie in to people should only have political opinions on the places that they are from? That is such an absurd opinion.

Working class, but what does that have to do with anything.

Just like Taiwan...

how do you think an event like 9/11 was turned into invading Iraq - a country that had nothing to do with it

it has everything to do with poor people willing to do dumb shit to uplift themselves from poverty

yeah, Taiwan too

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
how do you think an event like 9/11 was turned into invading Iraq - a country that had nothing to do with it

it has everything to do with poor people willing to do dumb shit to uplift themselves from poverty

yeah, Taiwan too

Money, natural resources, military industrial complex, and political influence in a region. It has nothing to do with people having opinions of places they aren't from. There are plenty of reasons for the current situation in the Middle East, but that has nothing to do with having opinions in places that you aren't from and what's going on with China and NBA.

Wow, so people that sign up for the military in the US are equal to terrorists, am I really reading that right. China's slave labor is just the equivalent of a Bernie Federal job guarantee lol.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Money, natural resources, military industrial complex, and political influence in a region. It has nothing to do with people having opinions of places they aren't from. There are plenty of reasons for the current situation in the Middle East, but that has nothing to do with having opinions in places that you aren't from and what's going on with China and NBA.

Wow, so people that sign up for the military in the US are equal to terrorists, am I really reading that right. China's slave labor is just the equivalent of a Bernie Federal job guarantee lol.

no, it has plenty to do with opinion pieces

yeah, you're reading that right

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
no, it has plenty to do with opinion pieces

yeah, you're reading that right
Yeah, those darn Allies should've stayed out Germany's business, keep those political opinions to themselves where they belong.

And that's where this discussion ends.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Yeah, those darn Allies should've stayed out Germany's business, keep those political opinions to themselves where they belong.

And that's where this discussion ends.

lol the US was neutral until Hitler declared war on them. stop thinking this is a gotcha

Reactions: King 88

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
lol the US was neutral until Hitler declared war on them. stop thinking this is a gotcha
Neutral only in the terms of boots on the ground, they were supporting the Allies with resources the entire time. Your argument would've been for the US to stay completely out of the war until the Nazi's conquered Europe and crossed the Atlantic.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Neutral only in the terms of boots on the ground, they were supporting the Allies with resources the entire time. Your argument would've been for the US to stay completely out of the war until the Nazi's conquered Europe and crossed the Atlantic.

lol they were playing both sides until '41

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Get woke go Broke

basically shows there are lots of boomers frying their brains with fox news all day. nothing new

now do this again come playoff time, instead of the last few games of the regular season that don't matter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad