OT: NBA 2019-2020

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
There aren't too many teams (in the NBA) where any current Knick player would start.

Right now, they are EXTRA-BAD.
This. It can't be understated how bad their roster is. I am actually surprised they have 4 wins already.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
But I was told their team was only DLo last season.
Dinwiddie emerging into an all-star in his own right and Jarrett Allen taking another step every year (now averaging a double-double at the age of 21), plus lots of solid contributions/improvements from the depth players/kids like Musa. Oh yeah, and arguably the best front office/coaching in the league. It's a friggin' joy to watch.

Reactions: Cassano

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
How much of the Ujiri stuff is just him posturing to the media to gain leverage in future contract talks with Toronto? Besides, I don't see Dolan letting him come in here with his own staff that supersedes any of the execs that have been working under Dolan for 20 years now.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Meanwhile the Nets are 13-10 (8-2 in their last 10, including wins over Den & Bos) with Irving, LeVert, and of course Durant, not playing. :D

I don't think being 8-2 and Kyrie being out are a coincidence. He changes the whole dynamic (for the worse) and gets them away from what they've built up to be. Relegates Dinwiddie to a backup role, and leaves everyone standing around. It's an interesting situation to watch as they figure out how to mesh with him.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Short of miracle contract offers to Giannis and Davis, the Knicks aren't going to be going anywhere any time soon. They're an absolute wreck.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't think being 8-2 and Kyrie being out are a coincidence. He changes the whole dynamic (for the worse) and gets them away from what they've built up to be. Relegates Dinwiddie to a backup role, and leaves everyone standing around. It's an interesting situation to watch as they figure out how to mesh with him.
TBF, only 2 of those 8 wins came against teams above .500. I think it is premature to say they are better without Irving.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Nets are a better team without Kyrie. Knicks dodged a bullet.

Kyrie is a cancer.
We shall see. He only had a few games when the entire team was feeling the effects of the China trip and learning to play with each other given the turnover. I'm not discounting the bad situation in Boston (and the whole flat earth thing bothers the f*ck out of me), but by the same token, as recently as 2017, he was the PG and second most important player for a team that went to the championship 3 straight years, winning once.

AND, let's not forget the longer view: he was the key to bringing Durant to Brooklyn.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Kyrie caused drama in Cleveland but Bron and being a perennial title contender kept him in check. He caused drama in Boston. He's causing drama now. The guy is as bad as Jimmy Butler.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Kyrie caused drama in Cleveland but Bron and being a perennial title contender kept him in check. He caused drama in Boston. He's causing drama now. The guy is as bad as Jimmy Butler.
The only drama I remember in Cleveland is that he wanted a chance to get out from under LeBron’s shadow, though obviously as a Nets fan I was went paying close attention. :dunno:

Not that I’m saying I don’t have any concerns! I do. All I’m saying is that we haven’t really seen anything to say he’s a problem with the Nets. (Yet.) :)

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
That was his draft day fear. Just gotta hope he shoots his way out of the slump at some point.

If that was the only fear, I'd still be pretty optimistic about him. He's got no explosiveness in the half court. He's unusually strong for a kid his age so he's able to bully his way to the rim against weaker opponents but he can't blow by anybody. His upside is severely capped as a result. Barring him turning into an elite shooter or some other unexpected development, he's probably going to max out as an above average starter. There's nothing wrong with that but its a little disappointing considering the caliber of players that have been picked 3rd in other drafts. This team desperately needs a savior and its very likely that RJ isn't going to be that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad