OT: NBA 2019-2020

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Their best player is 8th in minutes per game. It's almost like *gasp* signing multiple big men was a strange idea.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Has your impression thus far of Porzingis in Dallas been that he's a player a team should build a franchise around?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Has your impression thus far of Porzingis in Dallas been that he's a player a team should build a franchise around?
Ya, I think he can still be a #2 option on a championship team. He is being eased back into the league after being out for a while.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Can’t wait till he wants to move on cause Doncic is 2x the player he is and he’ll forever be just a side piece there.

Mind you just about any player in the NBA would be a side piece to Doncic. Luka is one of the best players on the planet and he can't even buy a drink in the States.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Mind you just about any player in the NBA would be a side piece to Doncic. Luka is one of the best players on the planet and he can't even buy a drink in the States.

Of course. The Porzingis bros think KP is euro Lebron though.

Funny they ended up playing 2nd fiddle to that guy though

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
"On Friday, ESPN's Zach Lowe (via The Knicks Wall) reported details on the Lowe Post podcast about Porzingis' trade to the Dallas Mavericks and how Durant's status may have played into the move.
"I don't think he was psyched about playing with Durant," Lowe said. "I don't know how directly that was verbalized to the Knicks, but I'm confident that it wasn't something that was like his Plan A. ... He wanted to be the face of the franchise.""

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Please tell me when Porzingis indicated he wanted out of the Knicks because he was a sidepiece here.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28066162/how-knicks-got-mess-their-own-words

That morning, Porzingis and his brother met with Perry and Mills. The meeting lasted only five minutes and Porzingis made it known he didn't want to re-sign with the Knicks and wanted to be traded immediately. The Knicks were informed if they didn't trade him by the trade deadline a week later, he'd leave the team and go to Spain, where he'd done his rehab the previous summer.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
"On Friday, ESPN's Zach Lowe (via The Knicks Wall) reported details on the Lowe Post podcast about Porzingis' trade to the Dallas Mavericks and how Durant's status may have played into the move.
"I don't think he was psyched about playing with Durant," Lowe said. "I don't know how directly that was verbalized to the Knicks, but I'm confident that it wasn't something that was like his Plan A. ... He wanted to be the face of the franchise.""
This is a bit contradictory considering the Knicks were never really interested in signing KD 'reportedly'.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Please tell me when Porzingis indicated he wanted out of the Knicks because he was a sidepiece here.

Several other posters covered it.

But yeah, most of the issue was the fact that he wanted his brother to be the de facto GM. They tried to pull their own Lebron/Rich Paul with f***ing KP and his wanna be mafioso brother. They thought they were in that class to run a franchise.

Good luck now. He'll be pitching Luka for an extension.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Several other posters covered it.

But yeah, most of the issue was the fact that he wanted his brother to be the de facto GM. They tried to pull their own Lebron/Rich Paul with ****ing KP and his wanna be mafioso brother. They thought they were in that class to run a franchise.

Good luck now. He'll be pitching Luka for an extension.

I've been a Knicks fan since 1957 and I guess I just don't get the animosity towards Porzingis.

I guess I do get it. It's just that I don't feel that way. My animosity is directed at the management.
Hell, if I was an NBA player who was interested in winning, I wouldn't want to play for the Knicks.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
I definitely agree that management and Dolan in particular deserve probably, like 95% of the blame.
But I also think it's still too early to pronounce judgement on the Porzingis trade.

This whole thing reminds of being younger, and being a mess, and somehow dating very attractive women, but who were also messes. humblebrag. rip harris. Anyway, the Porzingis thing is like thinking you'd finally met the one, the one who you thought was different, who you'd finally "settle down with" after a frustrating series of 1-2 year flings that always ended the same way.

But, alas, neither of you were ready for that, and instead a relationship once blossoming with potential turned into an un-mitigated disaster. A break-up so bad, everyone looked wrong. The kind of thing you just had to walk far, far away from.

Ah, but then, a few months later, in a moment of weakness, you make the mistake of looking at her Instagram... only to see she's apparently now happily dating by all accounts what is the PERFECT GUY. A guy who seems to offer her a legitimate chance at achieving that thing you had once hoped to do with her yourself, not even a year ago. She seems to be doing well. Healthy. Moving forward. So, you look in the mirror...

...AND MEANWHILE YOU'RE STILL STUCK LIVING IN YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT! THE SAME OLD JACKASS! THE FUTURE LOOKING AS BLEAK AS EVER. YOUR BEST SHOT AT ANY KIND OF CHANGE IS THE INTERVENTION OF DIVINE AND FORTUITOUS LUCK!

Projection, obviously, but that is truly what being a Knicks fan for the last 30+ years is currently making me feel.

I love Doncic and want to be able to freely cheer for a glorious future for him. But my bitterness towards my ex-Porzingis is currently preventing that.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I definitely agree that management and Dolan in particular deserve probably, like 95% of the blame.
But I also think it's still too early to pronounce judgement on the Porzingis trade.

This whole thing reminds of being younger, and being a mess, and somehow dating very attractive women, but who were also messes. humblebrag. rip harris. Anyway, the Porzingis thing is like thinking you'd finally met the one, the one who you thought was different, who you'd finally "settle down with" after a frustrating series of 1-2 year flings that always ended the same way.

But, alas, neither of you were ready for that, and instead a relationship once blossoming with potential turned into an un-mitigated disaster. A break-up so bad, everyone looked wrong. The kind of thing you just had to walk far, far away from.

Ah, but then, a few months later, in a moment of weakness, you make the mistake of looking at her Instagram... only to see she's apparently now happily dating by all accounts what is the PERFECT GUY. A guy who seems to offer her a legitimate chance at achieving that thing you had once hoped to do with her yourself, not even a year ago. She seems to be doing well. Healthy. Moving forward. So, you look in the mirror...

...AND MEANWHILE YOU'RE STILL STUCK LIVING IN YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT! THE SAME OLD JACKASS! THE FUTURE LOOKING AS BLEAK AS EVER. YOUR BEST SHOT AT ANY KIND OF CHANGE IS THE INTERVENTION OF DIVINE AND FORTUITOUS LUCK!

Projection, obviously, but that is truly what being a Knicks fan for the last 30+ years is currently making me feel.

I love Doncic and want to be able to freely cheer for a glorious future for him. But my bitterness towards my ex-Porzingis is currently preventing that.
Come to the dark (Nets) side, my friend.. :)

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'm an ex-Knicks fan as well bc of Dolan. He is loyal to incompetent front offices and bullies Knicks fans.

I loved the 12-13 team - there were so many gamers. Kidd, QRich, Copeland, Pablo, Felton, Melton, Sheed, etc likable group. Then management somehow decided it was a good idea to trade a 1st for soft Bustgnani - which helped Raptors get a key piece for the Leonard trade. That was imo the turning page on the court.

Off the court? Well just last season look no further at the treatment of fans by ownership and management. Oakley and that fan being kicked out for chanting 'Sell The Team' embarrassing look on the franchise.

Top it off with the horrendous asset management (ie not trading Kanter, KOQ to get wins to ensure Knox over Doncic, Noah contract, THJr. Contract, KP trade, list goes on and on...) that would flatter the Edmonton Oilers, there is no hope.

Even the current group of kids on the roster need to be Nuked imo for the Knicks to be competitive. It is early for a guy like RJ, but besides Mitchell Robinson - none of them look any good. You're looking at another 5-7 yr project unless lotto balls fall in your favor. They haven't had a good PG in ages.

Just few weeks earlier fan kicked out for chanting Fire Dolan Lol. It's ridiculous.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It's actually pretty amazing how bad they've been. Worst win% in the league in 20 years.

Even went the rebuild route the past couple years and massacred that.

Traded the franchise asset for DSJ and picks. Frank, Knox are bad top 10 picks.

Just a total tirefire.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Come to the dark side, my friends...

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad