OT: NBA 2019-2020

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

People really need to chill the f*** out. It's like rabid animals were released back into the wild and have forgotten how to actually behave at sporting events and in public. This is an issue the league needs to deal with. If a fan is caught doing anything during the game, like what has happened to Westbrook, Young, and other this postseason. You want to yell and scream at a game, be my guest, but these things are going to get physical and someone is going to get seriously hurt if it happens to the wrong player or if there is nobody willing to hold them back.

Start giving out technical fouls during the game based on the fan behavior. We know immediately who is responsible for these things. There are cameras everywhere. Review it on the court, see what happened, and assess a technical foul to the home team is an opposing player has anything done to them.

I don't know who did it, and it was probably a Knicks fan. Based on how the court is set up, I don't think this was an accident. I've definitely spilled a beverage or two while not being careful in MSG, but the players are so far away from the fans, even the ones in the lower sections right now, unless you are in a courtside seat. Until this is rectified and people calm the f*** down, I would not go back to the old format for seating with fans behind the bench or anywhere near the players.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
This is on Randle IMO. He became a star this season and then reverted back to his former self as soon as the playoffs began.

It's tough because it's the same Knicks roster as the regular season, when Randle was a force every night. No reason teams weren't doubling Randle all year just like the Hawks are doing. And yet for some reason the Hawks have completely nullified him.

And obviously, Thibs gets a ton of credit for getting this team to perform the way they have, but man he just seems so inept on the offensive side of the ball. As I've mentioned in previous posts, the amount of last-minute in-bounds plays that end up complete wet farts this season/playoffs is shocking. He doesn't seem capable of drawing up competent offensive plays or even offensive schemes to try and switch up the way his team is playing. Maybe it's a lack of talent?

I'm super grateful for this season and in particular the work Randle put in to become an all-star and carry this supposed lottery team to the #4 seed. But I'm far from convinced he's a player you can build a championship roster around.

As much goodwill as this season brought, it's rough facing the reality of how far we still are from being contenders.

Kawhi is not coming to NYC.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It's tough because it's the same Knicks roster as the regular season, when Randle was a force every night. No reason teams weren't doubling Randle all year just like the Hawks are doing. And yet for some reason the Hawks have completely nullified him.

And obviously, Thibs gets a ton of credit for getting this team to perform the way they have, but man he just seems so inept on the offensive side of the ball. As I've mentioned in previous posts, the amount of last-minute in-bounds plays that end up complete wet farts this season/playoffs is shocking. He doesn't seem capable of drawing up competent offensive plays or even offensive schemes to try and switch up the way his team is playing. Maybe it's a lack of talent?

I'm super grateful for this season and in particular the work Randle put in to become an all-star and carry this supposed lottery team to the #4 seed. But I'm far from convinced he's a player you can build a championship roster around.

As much goodwill as this season brought, it's rough facing the reality of how far we still are from being contenders.

Kawhi is not coming to NYC.

We might not be getting Kawhi but the Knicks thank the good lord have positioned themselves finally as a destination spot for a stud FA or two in the next few years. I don't know who is available as I haven't really looked but with the Knicks being relevant again and MSG always being a draw, one would have to believe the Knicks can bring someone of the Kawhi level to come here.

As far as tonight, just win baby said some dude Al Davis a couple of millions times. To be honest, even if we lost a Game 6 in Atlanta which would be quite likely, so long as we win tonight, I'd be OK about a series loss to the Hawks.

I just don't want to go out with a whimper. We need to win tonight and oddly I'm actually confident this Knick team which has been resilient all season will give us Knick fans one last dance....let's do this!!

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Trae Young can ball but he’s just so unlikeable. The Knicks would’ve been better off playing man to man defense instead of whatever zone defense they used. It seems like when Young went to the basket there was no defense but when everyone converged on him he’d pass it to a guy for an open three.

Just stay in front of him; if he makes his threes then so be it but him getting past you means a layup or an open three.

Reactions: LionsHeart

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
What a disappointment. I didn't think that was possible after this season. Game 2 was such a great moment too.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
The Knicks need a Trae Young type player in the worst way.He carved us up all series long.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It was a very fun season. I didn't expect this at all. They lost to a team that was simply better - much much deeper. The Knicks were cooked when Randle struggled, the Hawks moved it around when guys went cold.

The recent draft failures were really exposed this series. They have been crippled by bad drafting on these top 10 picks. It's not even just about stars - Donovan Mitchell over Frank is the big one we always hear about. Yes that would have been the pick. But in the same draft the Hawks drafted John Collins 19th. The Knox draft the Hawks hit Huerter at 19th. Between 8-19 there are tons more guys that would have played in this series and been a factor - SGA, both Bridges, Lonnie Walker, Porter Jr, DiVincenzo. That's 2 huge rotational guys we lacked that should have come from these drafts.

They have to hit on these picks. It's not just about stars. You have to at worst land rotational guys with your 1st rounders.

Reactions: ponzu4u

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The Mavs have 2 tries to win 1 game and we can start dreaming about getting Kawhi

I really dont see him opting out and coming here. He's a southern cali guy. He got his LA move, and bought a 20m house. His entire family lives around him.

The upside about the Clippers for an introvert like him is that it's a Lakers town. Everyone's going to be going so crazy about the Lakers losing they won't even notice the Clippers losing

Reactions: ponzu4u

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
I really dont see him opting out and coming here. He's a southern cali guy. He got his LA move, and bought a 20m house. His entire family lives around him.

The upside about the Clippers for an introvert like him is that it's a Lakers town. Everyone's going to be going so crazy about the Lakers losing they won't even notice the Clippers losing

That's true, but he probably has a decade or so left in the NBA. If he's interested in winning more titles, he'll have a much better chance at this in the Eastern Conference. Then he can retire and do whatever he wants.

I don't know what he's thinking, I'm just saying there's a chance

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
That's true, but he probably has a decade or so left in the NBA. If he's interested in winning more titles, he'll have a much better chance at this in the Eastern Conference. Then he can retire and do whatever he wants.

I don't know what he's thinking, I'm just saying there's a chance

If he didn't stay to twopeat with the Raptors returning roster which eventually went to the bubble, there is no chance he will be a Knick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad