OT: NBA 2019-2020

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Huge win last night in what was a must game. DRose has been a revelation. It's as if he has gone back in time, reinvented himself and is a new guy. Reminds me a bit of a pitcher like Bartolo Colon who when he first came up threw 100 mph gas and blew guys away. Than at end of his career, he started nibbling at corners with alot of off speed stuff with an occasional heater and was still effective into his 40's.

Very very rare basketball players in their 30's can do what DRose has done and changed his game completely and still be very effective.

Bottom line: Knicks need to steal one in ATL in order to bring this back to MSG tied 2-2 for a pivotal game 5. I think they will do this tho it would be alot less stressful if the Knicks could win Game 3 and not have Game 4 be a must win type game.

Great series so far...alot of fun and it's great having Knick playoff basketball back for first time in forever.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m hoping that the nerves have subsided for Randle and he can get back to who he’s been all year. If he does Atlanta can’t beat us. He’s woke up in that third quarter and that changed the game

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I’m hoping that the nerves have subsided for Randle and he can get back to who he’s been all year. If he does Atlanta can’t beat us. He’s woke up in that third quarter and that changed the game
The unifying ‘us against the world’ mentality being on the road brings can help guys calm down on the court

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
I am actually excited for the Knicks for the first time since 2004 when Stephon Marbury stunk it up in the Garden with that awful team with Isaiah Thomas, etc..and then Melo did nothing, now here we are.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Randle is not a big game player.

I think that’s a little unfair. The issues he’s having were very predictable. The Hawks are doubling him and cheating off on him all game. Because they know outside of Rose, there really isn’t anyone who is gonna beat them. They’re not worried about Reggie Bullock taking 10 3s a game.

look I love this team and this year has been incredible. But this team is hugely devoid of talent. They may have the worst offensive talent in the playoffs, of any team. It’s just reality. So they’re gonna have to win ugly and when they lose, it’s ugly.

Reactions: Maximus

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
It will never cease to amaze me how the Knicks have been so bad for so long and yet have a roster so completely devoid of young talent.

Like, we went through so many "tanking" years and our own version of the whole "process" and we're honestly coming out of it with:

Obi Toppin/Quickley - bench/role players?
RJ Barret - #3 option on a contender?
Kevin Knox - bust?
Frank Ntlikina - bust?
Porzingas - gone for nothing
No 1st Rounder
Tim Hardaway Jr. - gone for nothing
No 1st Rounder
Iman Shumpert - bust?
No 1st Rounder
Jordan Hill - bust?
Danillo Gallinari - gone
Wilson Chandler - gone
Balkman/Collins - long gone
Channing Frye

Those are the last 15 years 1st rounders while this team has been more or less dogshit.

I know we are finally under ownership we hope we can trust, but it's just so painful that DRose at 32 is our best offensive talent. (and I think it's fair to be skeptical considering leaving Halliburton on the board to draft Topin when our PG issues are just as blatant as they've ever been)

Maybe RJ will make even more huge strides next year, but as of now, when it comes to the playoffs and true individual talent and offensive skill shines, he's really looking like nothing better than a #3 on a legit championship team.

This year's team was great to watch for their heart and grit, but now we hit the playoffs and it's just been such a frickin' brutal reminder of how far this team still has to go to even be considered a contender. Like we literally need to find our star player still. And now we probably won't be drafting in the top 5 anytime soon.

Maybe we'll hit on our superstar at #19 or #21 this year....

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Long post

This sounds like it was posted after the Knicks lost the series. All that needs to happen is Randle and/or RJ need to stop being terrible and the Knicks are either right back in the series or clear favorites IMO. Even if that happens there's no way they will beat the Sixers, but that's expecting too much.

The next thing we have to do is root for the Mavericks ironically and hope Kawhi leaves LA in the summer. If he does, the Knicks would be a top destination. The Knicks are going to win by getting a big free agent to go to NY and trading spare parts for a superstar. That is exactly what the Lakers just did and what the Nets are doing. The Knicks have spent the last 20 years being a joke and are just shedding that image now. They are also better off than the Lakers or Nets were because RJ is better than any player either of those teams had before they signed their big free agents.

Reactions: Maximus

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
This sounds like it was posted after the Knicks lost the series. All that needs to happen is Randle and/or RJ need to stop being terrible and the Knicks are either right back in the series or clear favorites IMO. Even if that happens there's no way they will beat the Sixers, but that's expecting too much.

The next thing we have to do is root for the Mavericks ironically and hope Kawhi leaves LA in the summer. If he does, the Knicks would be a top destination. The Knicks are going to win by getting a big free agent to go to NY and trading spare parts for a superstar. That is exactly what the Lakers just did and what the Nets are doing. The Knicks have spent the last 20 years being a joke and are just shedding that image now. They are also better off than the Lakers or Nets were because RJ is better than any player either of those teams had before they signed their big free agents.

Kawhi wouldn't return to the defending champs who easily had the roster to repeat in the bubble had he stayed. No, his reasoning was to return home to play and enjoy the lifestyle he always hoped to have. Why would he leave after two years to become a
Knick? Does his persona seem to match everything he would face in NYC? I'd say he is the antiNYCer. Maybe there is someone else of his stature who would embrace that role. Jimmy Butler, who I believe played for Thibs comes to mind.

Reactions: ponzu4u

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Kawhi wouldn't return to the defending champs who easily had the roster to repeat in the bubble had he stayed. No, his reasoning was to return home to play and enjoy the lifestyle he always hoped to have. Why would he leave after two years to become a
Knick? Does his persona seem to match everything he would face in NYC? I'd say he is the antiNYCer. Maybe there is someone else of his stature who would embrace that role. Jimmy Butler, who I believe played for Thibs comes to mind.
There's always the rumors that the Clippers will move to Vegas to coax him to move before signing a long term deal.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Randle looks more like Randle. RJ looks more like RJ which means Knicks have a chance to steal this one.

Hopefully they keep it up!!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Knicks hanging around. Not feeling all that confident that they will pull this off as Atlanta seems to be able to hit every big shot they need when Knicks make a run but at least there's a shot.

C'mon hoops gods...give us some love for a change of pace!!

Reactions: Bob Richards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad