OT: NBA 2019-2020

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Dame seems like a Blazer for life...what about the shooter that is CJ McCollum?

The problem Portland has is similar to the problem the Knicks have - they don't have a creator. They have tons of guys who can shoot and get their own shot. But they don't have a guy who is going to penetrate and create shots for everyone else. They roll with 3 SGs most of the time. and it becomes predictable in a playoff series.

* the HUGE caveat being Lillard, McCollum and Powell/Trent are far better players than what the Knicks have on the perimeter

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Hoping the Knicks are able to package the 19th & 21st and maybe their early 2nd to get up somewhere in the 8-12 range for a potential "impact" player.

They need to find someone who can create their own offense, preferably from the guard position. I still think Quickley is best served as a 6th man but I'd love to be proven wrong.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I love Rose and hope he comes back, but they really do need a Point Guard who can facilitate the offense. I have absolutely no idea who they can get, but I think it would take them to the next level.

Reactions: klingsor

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Great end to the game. The call by Breen and Van Gundy was so so good. JVG especially nailing the play before it happened, the rules on no goaltending on in bounds and then all players on the court then had to be in the court for the last play. Just a great series for announcing

There are so many clowns announcing big sporting events that provide virtually no value. That was refreshing.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
I know there was some grumbling about all the stoppages and reviews at the end of the game, but I had no problem with it. The game was that exciting. Plus it actually kind of gives you time to process the crazy sequence of events that were unfolding.

The NBA playoffs have been incredible this year. I feel kinda bad, but it's probably the first year I've watched basketball predominately and hardly any hockey.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad