OT: NBA 2019-2020

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Eh, I don't remember but was the Rangers crowd this loud in 2006?

No it wasn't....not even close. Don't forget we are just getting past a pandemic and with alot of pent up fans especially NY fans being allowed to attend games and playoff games no less, MSG is going to sound like it has 50k in the arena rather than 19k. Friggen love it.

You could tell tonight the Hawks got intimidated by the crowd. Had this game been played in a bubble, the Hawks likely win this game. Crowd helped Knicks big time tonight.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I mean the Knicks defense really turned it up in the second half but the hawks still had plenty of open looks, they just weren’t falling.

I think that fourth quarter also shows that Rose shouldn’t be guarding Young anymore. Some combination of Bullocks/Burks/Quick should. Put Rose on Bogdonavic, he’s not as fast.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's always been that way. Go back to the glorious early 90 to mid 90's Rangers and Knicks crowds...the Knick crowd easily was louder. It always will be that way. NY is a basketball town despite how passionate us Ranger fans are.

Well yeah, it's obviously more of a basketball town but they can't find 20,000 rabid fans?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Was in the Garden tonight and the last time I heard it that loud was when Mika went top shelf backhand on Samsonov on the 5th of March 2020.

The crowd is surreal. Combining the waiting of 8 years, a pandemic which trapped many in their homes for over a year, and that you're getting 16000 real fans, not some corporate wine and dine at the Garden for a postseason game, but real die hard fans that have some extra cash in their pockets to go and buy tickets, you're getting the best crowd you can find.

There is a ton of pent up energy for all ages. I saw plenty of people that were 50+ being loud and supporting.

Getting to be in that environment made it feel normal. I went to Rangers games this season and it didn't feel like this. The crowds were lively, but 1800 is tough to get loud. The atmosphere is something I want everyone to experience again after the past 15 months.

I'll be back for Game 5, which if things hold will be a 2-2 series. This is going to go 7 and the building might shake to it's core if they win it.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Well yeah, it's obviously more of a basketball town but they can't find 20,000 rabid fans?

Not sure what you mean. Rangers get plenty of raucous crowds and during playoff time, the Garden absolutly rocks when Rangers are involved.

But with hoops, it just seems the Garden is louder for the Knicks especially during playoff time. Those crowds at MSG back in the day when the Knicks would play Jordan and the Bulls and Reggie and the Pacers and I attended a few of those games back than, were by far the loudest crowd noise I've ever heard and it's not even really close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->