OT: NBA 2019-2020

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Different sport but it drives me crazy seeing how well the Knicks are coached and compare it to the clown behind the Rangers' bench.

I have to agree because there is no question that Thibs is a HUGE reason why the Knicks have improved so much this year.

Quinn is a nice enough guy but as far as coach unlike Thibs, Rangers don't seem improved at all. I don't think you need to worry for to much longer as I doubt highly Quinn will be here beginning of next season.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Here's how you know Knick basketball is on it's way back. I'm actually very much looking forward to Knicks Lakers tonight at MSG.

It's not Frazier Reed vs Wilt and Jerry West but Randle, RJ and IQ vs Lebron and company....I can get into that.

Reactions: ponzu4u

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Here's how you know Knick basketball is on it's way back. I'm actually very much looking forward to Knicks Lakers tonight at MSG.

It's not Frazier Reed vs Wilt and Jerry West but Randle, RJ and IQ vs Lebron and company....I can get into that.

I have some bad news for you about the Lakers lineup. Lebron and Anthony Davis are out for awhile.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I have some bad news for you about the Lakers lineup. Lebron and Anthony Davis are out for awhile.

To be honest, I knew about Davis being out for awhile but was unaware of Lebron being out. I dont' follow the NBA like I do the NHL and the Rangers. It's the Knicks for the most part.

That said it is a dereliction of my job as a fan to not know a mega star such as Lebron was out hurt and not going to play. So for that I give myself 5 lashes....lol.

OK now that that is out of the way. Knicks of last year would have probably lost to a Lebronless no Davis Laker team. This year's team keeps on beating the teams it should beat albeit a hiccup or two....it's nice to see. Last night was no exception as they pretty much cruised to easy W.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The Knicks are fun to watch.

Just thought I'd say that for the hell of it cause I'm still in disbelief at how good this season is going.

OK let's move on...lol

Reactions: klingsor

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
44 points,10 rebounds,7 assists for Randle..and RJ was great too.Fun to watch no matter what happens the rest of the way

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Kind of amazing for everything that went on with Porzingis, we got the better player in Randle via free agency.

still an awful trade though. They need to nail these 1st rounders to make it work

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Don't look now but Knicks...6 in a row after a pretty damn exciting OT win over Zion and the Pelicans at MSG.

Season ended today Knicks would be 6 seed and play the Bucks. Would they beat them? Probably not. Would they make the Bucks sweat bigtime? No doubt.

This might be the most fun watching Knick basketball and I've said before a few times, since those 3-4 weeks of Linsanity over a decade ago...gotta luv it!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Friggen Knicks keep on keeping on....7 in a row baby with last night's blowout over the Hornets.

Dang Knicks are going to be a pain the ass for some Eastern team to have to play against first round of playoffs. Right now it looks like either Milwaukee or Atlanta.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Knicks come thru once again in OT. What an unbelievable remarkable year for this team.

So right now if playoffs start, we play the Hawks with home court advantage...unbelievable....

Reactions: New York City

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
E8359496-9E36-430B-8DF1-113EAB53A479.jpeg

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
I have to agree because there is no question that Thibs is a HUGE reason why the Knicks have improved so much this year.

Quinn is a nice enough guy but as far as coach unlike Thibs, Rangers don't seem improved at all. I don't think you need to worry for to much longer as I doubt highly Quinn will be here beginning of next season.

For all the folks who hate on Trotz, as an outside observer who isn't a Knicks fan, I find he and Thibodeau to be quite comparable in their approaches. Gruff no nonsense images, defensive system focus that maximizes talent, players who seem to buy in and play hard for them.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
For all the folks who hate on Trotz, as an outside observer who isn't a Knicks fan, I find he and Thibodeau to be quite comparable in their approaches. Gruff no nonsense images, defensive system focus that maximizes talent, players who seem to buy in and play hard for them.
Huh? Trotz is a god here, according to our board the Islanders suck, Trotz makes them good, and Trotz alone. As if he’d singelhandedly make us cup contenders while also giving Laf and Kakko top line minutes with top pp time. It’s really one or the other for NHL coaches...

Last edited:

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
NYC loves a tough nosed, blue collar, defensive team. These Knicks are fun to watch and easy to root for. They should be a tough out in the playoffs because they are already playing playoff basketball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad