OT: NBA 2019-2020

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
That’s a great win!

Could be best win of the season and it guarantees at worst a 3-3 road trip which we all would have signed up before the trip.

This team could make some noise in the playoffs. Give me Atlanta tho over Miami in that 4/5 game as I want nothing to do with Miami as they have our # and frustrate the shit out of the Knicks with their suffocating defense. If we get Atlanta I'd feel pretty confident of getting to the 2nd round. If we get Miami...not so sure.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Tonight might be the biggest Knick Laker game since the night Jeremy Lin "schooled" Kobe and the Lakers back in 2012 scoring 38 during the peak of Linsanity!.

Hopefully Lebron plays as it gives the game that much more juice. Me looking forward to this one as Knicks try and hold on to the 4th spot.

Big win by Hawks last night over Wizards as it keeps them ahead of the Heat, a team that I mentioned yesterday I want nothing and I do mean nothing to do with the 1st round as they are our kryptonite.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Knicks blew a game they had in the palms of their hands. I'm not concerned about making the playoffs as we'll definitely do that as one win in final three does it.

But I wanted that 4 seed and home court advantage. We are now tied with both Atlanta and Miami for the 4th spot. And as I said a few times, I want nothing to do with Miami as they are our kryptonite. Home court vs Atlanta I'm feeling real good that we are going to 2nd round. 5th seed vs Miami...I'm thinking we are done after 1st round. This was a big loss.

Going to likely come to down to last game of the season to see if we can pull this off.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Heartbreaking loss. Painful ramifications. Lakers were shorthanded and vulnerable. Reminiscent of years-past offensively deficient heart-strong Knicks teams.

Not sure why RJ was so invisible in 4th and overtime when the team was so desperate for offensive creativity.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Knicks will be favorite in their last 3, probably will need all 3 now to get in the 4/5. I would be stunned if the Hawks lose any of their final 3, Heat have two tough games left out of final 3.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Watched a little of Atlanta Washington tonight and didn't know what to root for. Than I realized Atlanta winning was a good thing as that's the team we want to face in the 4/5 matchup whether we have home court or not. Miami has a nasty schedule upcoming. I think it's going to be us vs Atlanta...it's just a question if we get home court or not.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I've said it a ton already and I'll say it again....I'm nervous as shit about Miami. I want NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING to do with them in any 4/5 matchup. Unfortunately for us, the team we don't want, is going to likely be the team we play. I'm telling you...they are the antithesis of the Knicks...very well coached, play great defense and have a guy in Butler who can take and hit the big shots.

The Heat are our kryptonite kind of like the Islanders are to the Rangers...just a bad bad matchup for us....oh well I shouldn't get greedy right? I mean we are going to the playoffs for the first time in forever and so I should be happy and not care who we play. Well I am greedy....F it...I don't want the Heat!!....lol

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
I've said it a ton already and I'll say it again....I'm nervous as shit about Miami. I want NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING to do with them in any 4/5 matchup. Unfortunately for us, the team we don't want, is going to likely be the team we play. I'm telling you...they are the antithesis of the Knicks...very well coached, play great defense and have a guy in Butler who can take and hit the big shots.

The Heat are our kryptonite kind of like the Islanders are to the Rangers...just a bad bad matchup for us....oh well I shouldn't get greedy right? I mean we are going to the playoffs for the first time in forever and so I should be happy and not care who we play. Well I am greedy....F it...I don't want the Heat!!....lol

I don’t disagree but it sure would be seeet to beat Riley in the playoffs

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

Very hard to play Miami at this point.

ATL 40-31 last game vs Houston (worst team in the league), once they win that they have the breaker over Miami if both finish at 41-31.

If Atlanta wins that game, the Knicks will need 2-0 or 1-1 and 1-1 or 0-2 from Miami to get 4th. If the Knicks, Hawks and Miami all finish at 41-31, Atlanta is 4th, Miami is 5th and the Knicks are 6th.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Very hard to play Miami at this point.

ATL 40-31 last game vs Houston (worst team in the league), once they win that they have the breaker over Miami if both finish at 41-31.

If Atlanta wins that game, the Knicks will need 2-0 or 1-1 and 1-1 or 0-2 from Miami to get 4th. If the Knicks, Hawks and Miami all finish at 41-31, Atlanta is 4th, Miami is 5th and the Knicks are 6th.

OK...your making me feel a bit better as the scenarios do favor the Hawks and Knicks playing. Crossing my fingers that's the way it plays out...we'll see soon enough!

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm more of a casual basketball guy but I see this version of the Knicks as the St. Louis Blues before Tarasenko was established and Ryan O'Reily was brought it. A team full of B+ players. I hope they can win a round or two but I'm not sure how they'd match up vs. superstars in a seven game series.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Great win. Couldn’t blow that game. Needed to have it.

Outside of my fandom. This team continues to be absolutely fire on the 1H line.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
40 wins for the Knicks after today's OT win over the Hornets...amazing. If I recall Vegas had the over/under for Knick wins at 22 before the season.

With Nets beating Bulls today, I believe the Bucks have no shot at catching them for 2nd seed and so they might rest Giannis and a few of their other stars vs Heat tonight which means it's very likely Knicks won't get 4th seed.

Way it looks we likely will get 6th seed and have to play the Bucks which likely won't be pretty as maybe we can take a game. Oh well...been a great year and no matter what happens, their is finally some hope for the future here in Knickland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad