OT: NBA 2019-2020

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Knicks pull one out tonight they would have absolutely lost any other year in the past 20.

This team is fun to watch. Anyone think that would have been said before the season? Yeah I thought so...lol

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Knicks pull one out tonight they would have absolutely lost any other year in the past 20.

This team is fun to watch. Anyone think that would have been said before the season? Yeah I thought so...lol
It was a win they pulled off that they shouldnt have needed to pull off.We had them down by 16 in the 3rd and took the foot off the gas pedal once again.They still need to learn to stomp on the opponents throat when the opportunity arises.I have faith they will learn it in time though.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Randle had another triple double...remarkable how different and better he is as a player now

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Randle had another triple double...remarkable how different and better he is as a player now

Amazing what happens when a world class athlete drops 30 pounds and adds quickness to his game that he never had.. Combine that with a determination to prove the doubters wrong...they morph to the next level

Quinnen Williams of the Jets is another good example of a world class athlete who dropped weight, re-shaped his body over the offseason and came back a new man.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It was a win they pulled off that they shouldnt have needed to pull off.We had them down by 16 in the 3rd and took the foot off the gas pedal once again.They still need to learn to stomp on the opponents throat when the opportunity arises.I have faith they will learn it in time though.

Yeah agreed but they still would have lost the game any other year is my point. I can think of dozens of games the Knicks have been up by double digits heading into the final minutes over the years and lost.

This is a completely different Knick team and it's so refreshing to see.

Reactions: klingsor

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I don’t really follow college basketball until the tourney and it’s crazy when these big upsets happen like oral Roberts beating #2 seed Ohio state.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I don’t really follow college basketball until the tourney and it’s crazy when these big upsets happen like oral Roberts beating #2 seed Ohio state.

E31C7425-44EB-4EE0-BAA2-53A4087EB046.jpeg

just wish I went a little crazier with the amount

Reactions: JimmyG89 and sbjnyc

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Rough loss tonight.Ben Simmons is now 15-0 vs the Knicks in his career lol

Yeah that was shitty loss to have to deal with. Knicks should have beat the Sixers twice now in a week. It just goes to show all of us that tho the Knicks are finally relevant again, they still have a ways to go before they can beat the big boys.

The time is coming but it's not here just yet. But the base and foundation is here. Maybe next year with a bit more tinkering.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yeah that was shitty loss to have to deal with. Knicks should have beat the Sixers twice now in a week. It just goes to show all of us that tho the Knicks are finally relevant again, they still have a ways to go before they can beat the big boys.

The time is coming but it's not here just yet. But the base and foundation is here. Maybe next year with a bit more tinkering.

Still have to sort out the point guard. Quickley is a good player but he is NOT the future at PG.

There are couple fantastic options at the top of the draft but that isn't an option for the Knicks anymore.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Knicks in just 43 games have more wins than they had all last year as they win their 22nd with an easy win over the Wizards.

Knicks this year beat teams they are supposed to beat which is unlike previous seasons. They can compete with them but they still have a ways to go to beat the big boys.

But man...this has been one fun Knick season so far as there is definitely some bigtime hope for the future....good stuff!

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Pretty much Austin Rivers + Iggy brazdeikis for Terrance Ferguson.

Ferguson doesn't have much offensively, but he's a good perimeter defender

Clears a roster spot. I assume they'll try and be aggressive in the buyout market.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Friggen Knicks keep on keeping on. Down 17 to the Wizards in the 3rd...down 11 in the 4th and they come back and win a game they had no business winning.

Tell ya what I never knew how good Alec Burks was until this year. Man he is good. Don't know why he has played for so many teams....he can shoot the lights out and he plays good D. This Knick team is fun...loving this shit!

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
RJ Barrett is so damn good. He still needs to improve his shooting, but he’s stone cold. He refused to lose this game.

It’s still weird to see the Knicks going in the right direction.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm glad the Knicks are doing well but do can you guys with a straight face say that you enjoy every year 2 superteams having any semblance of a chance of winning it all? Imagine if every year you knew either the Lightning or Avs are winning and no one else even has a shot.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I'm glad the Knicks are doing well but do can you guys with a straight face say that you enjoy every year 2 superteams having any semblance of a chance of winning it all? Imagine if every year you knew either the Lightning or Avs are winning and no one else even has a shot.
I'd say 5-6 teams have a legit shot this year, depending on injuries.

Also, I'm a Nets fan. I've paid my dues.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'd say 5-6 teams have a legit shot this year, depending on injuries.

Also, I'm a Nets fan. I've paid my dues.

Yeah, but I feel like part of the excitement of your team winning is feeling like your FO smartly constructed the team. Just trading for the best players seems would be hard for me to get excited about.

I mean the Rangers have gotten lucky too, they signed Panarin and got lucky with Fox, Laf, and Kakko. But still, it's not anywhere close to the same. In the NHL arguably the 2 best players in the game couldn't win shit from 2009 through 2016.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Yeah, but I feel like part of the excitement of your team winning is feeling like your FO smartly constructed the team. Just trading for the best players seems would be hard for me to get excited about.

I mean the Rangers have gotten lucky too, they signed Panarin and got lucky with Fox, Laf, and Kakko. But still, it's not anywhere close to the same. In the NHL arguably the 2 best players in the game couldn't win shit from 2009 through 2016.
Well, the Nets haven't won anything yet, and I'm not taking anything for granted. Philly, Milwaukee, LA, LA, and Utah still have something to say about the matter.

But that said... how did the Marks not smartly construct the team? This team was well out of the POs with virtually no assets when he took over in 2016. The work he's done is nothing short of remarkable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad