OT: NBA 2019-2020

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well, the Nets haven't won anything yet, and I'm not taking anything for granted. Philly, Milwaukee, LA, LA, and Utah still have something to say about the matter.

But that said... how did the Marks not smartly construct the team? This team was well out of the POs with virtually no assets when he took over in 2016. The work he's done is nothing short of remarkable.

Ok, I'll admit I haven't followed the Nets really before this season and I started listening to sports radio and Evan Roberts is a Nets fan. I guess he did a good job getting the depth to trade for Harden to begin with. But it just seemed like signing Durant and Kyrie and then just trading every pick they have and every depth player they have for Harden. Now as I said I haven't been following the team much but that's the picture I got.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Ok, I'll admit I haven't followed the Nets really before this season and I started listening to sports radio and Evan Roberts is a Nets fan. I guess he did a good job getting the depth to trade for Harden to begin with. But it just seemed like signing Durant and Kyrie and then just trading every pick they have and every depth player they have for Harden. Now as I said I haven't been following the team much but that's the picture I got.
They drafted and developed two great players in LeVert and Allen (both taken with late-ish 1sts, BTW), whom they then traded along with 3 picks, and 4 pick swaps (at least two, and possibly all, of which won't convert) and some loose change for Harden. That's how you make those deals – and I would note, you need to do the difficult work to get the players in the first place in order to be in position to make such a move.

But they've also done a phenomenal job in scooping up and developing castoffs (e.g. Harris and Dinwiddie, though the latter's out injured and is a pending UFA [albeit one whose Bird Rights they own] both of whom they kept in the deal), as well as trading for good, young, under the radar players (e.g. Landry Shamet and Bruce Brown). Then, there's Nic Claxton whom they drafted with a (Knicks :)) second rounder, 31st overall in 2019, who's developing into a real player in his own right.

As for Kyrie and KD, sure, they signed both (facilitating the latter with a trade for DLo), but that was only possible because they first turned the org into a desirable place to play.

(Lastly, I should add that, while I'm pumped they've added both Blake and LMA, neither is the guy they once were. Though I think the former in particular has a real chance to revitalize his game here.)

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Knicks beat the Bucks G League team...should have blown them out,even without Randle.Mitch season is done with a fractured foot..Kid couldnt catch a break (no pun intended) all year long

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
And a further add, I fully admit I hated the Harden trade at the time it was made. I loved the guys they were giving up (losing them bothered me way more than the picks), and didn't like the game Harden played in Houston at ALL. But mea culpa, while I knew how good he was, I didn't appreciate Harden's ability to adjust his game to his team/environment. He's been a friggin' revelation since he came here.

Lesson learned: never doubt Sean Marks.

Last edited:

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Poor Mitch just can’t stay healthy. Helluva player.

The Knicks won a game they should’ve won. They’ve proven they’re good enough to beat up on the bad teams and be competitive against good ones. In the past they’d choke away some of these easy games.

The Knicks desperately need to address Point Guard. Whether they think Quickley can develop into one or they go out and get one, adding a legit PG who can command the offense would take them to another level.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Weird game last night. Bucks lineup was totally depleted with no Giannis or Middleton but they still are the Bucks and even their scrubs are pretty good. Knicks didn't have Julius or MRob but you still expected Knicks to win and they did ultimately.

I may be looking ahead but F it. Knicks are very likely going to make the playoffs. What I'm hoping and looking for is to see if they are a tough out for anyone who plays them. I think they will be which is amazing in itself as Knicks and playoffs in same sentence hasn't been uttered in about a decade....lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Friggen Heat have our number bigtime. I hate when we play them. They play suffocating defense and they just frustrate the shit out of you.

Funny when I watch the Heat, it reminds me analagously of the Jacques Lemaire Devils and their damn trap they used to play. Hated when the Rangers played them. Anyways F the Heat...can't stand that team since Mourning and Dan Majerle etc....played with them...still can't!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I guess you can't win them all vs shitty teams but the Knicks should be ashamed of themselves for losing to the worst team in the league in the Timberwolves. They had 18 point lead in the first half that they blew. And than blew an 11 point lead in the 4th quarter.

No doubt the Knicks are a much improved team but these are the kinds of games where you can see there is still alot of work to be done before the Knicks are truly out of the woods. Terrible loss...ugh!!

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
Terrible loss tonight.Blow an 18 point lead and then a 13 point lead in the 4th.woof.RJ has to get to the rim on his last shot,not settle for a 20 footer over Towns.

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
Knicks should also trade Frank and Knox.Both are out of the rotation again,so try and get back some decent value and move on

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah for pretty much first time all year Toppin showing why he was drafted 8th overall. That was a very impressive 5 minute stretch there for him. Let's see if he can keep it up cause it certainly seems Julius has taken the night off as he's been terrible.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Well it looks like the Knicks were pissed at themselves after the last two games and took it out on the pathetic Pistons.

Been a good season no matter what happens but I want to make the playoffs and see if we can be a tough out.

Real tough schedule coming up tho and we'll see if this team has the goods to make it to the playoffs.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Once again Knicks give a better team...the Nets this time,, a tough ass time, get out to a big lead but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, they just aren't good enough yet to close it out.

They are on the right track but not there just yet. Hopefully over the offseason, Knicks can bring in a Bradley Beal type guy to add to Randle, who they can go to in crunch time who will knock down key shots. Until than, this is who they are.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Exciting game at MSG tonight as Knicks come back from big 4th quarter deficit, get into OT and win it.

About time we won one of these types of games as typically we lose these close ones.

Also I can't believe I'm saying this but RJ outplayed Morant significantly. RJ has improved so much since last year....nice to see!

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
They really needed that win. IQ with over 30 minutes and a plus 19 tonight. 44% from 3 and 88% from the line, great team effort.

Reactions: klingsor

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Knicks once again in a nip and tuck affair but despite blowing an 18 point lead to the horrific Raptors, pull off the W.

So once again Knicks are back beating teams they should and giving better teams tough ass times but falling short.

I'm afraid that even if we make the playoffs, that's going to continue as we simply aren't good enough to beat the Nets, Sixers of the league at this point. Now next year if we can add a superstar from somewhere that can be a different story because we have the foundation now so it's definitly a hopeful future for the Knicks.

BTW: RJ once again comes thru in the clutch with a couple of big 3's in crunch time. He really has improved so much over last year that I actually think he has a chance to become dare I say it....an all-star one day!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad