OT: NBA 2019-2020

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Knicks should offer the max for Atkinson. He can develop some of those young players.

Puzzling move by the Nets to say the least.
The Knicks are a canoe with one paddle in the center of a lake of shit. We aren’t going anywhere.

Dolan simply can’t treat owning the Knicks like owning the Rangers. With the Rangers he just cuts checks. With the Knicks he prefers to settle scores regardless of the collateral damage. Leon Rose and Steve Stoite are not the answer. Watch when we give up assets for a Chris Paul and he falls off a cliff. The Rockets gave up how many 1st rounders to get rid of his contract? OKC might end up with 10 first rounders in the end to be a clearinghouse for that contract.

Reactions: hi

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
shocked when i heard this on the radio.

I don’t follow the Nets that closely though. What are your thoughts?
Either something else going on behind the scenes (which would be sad, but understandable) or Kyrie and KD wanted him out (which would enrage me).

My ONLY critique of Atkinson has been that the team, which plays so well as a unit for 3 – 3 /2 quarters tends to revert to hero ball in the late stages of every close game. But then, I feel like every team does that these days, so while I still think it's a mistake, it's hard to knock him too much for it.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Either something else going on behind the scenes (which would be sad, but understandable) or Kyrie and KD wanted him out (which would enrage me).

My ONLY critique of Atkinson has been that the team, which plays so well as a unit for 3 – 3 /2 quarters tends to revert to hero ball in the late stages of every close game. But then, I feel like every team does that these days, so while I still think it's a mistake, it's hard to knock him too much for it.

kyrie is such an assclown. Hopefully he doesn’t have that kind of pull.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The Knicks are a canoe with one paddle in the center of a lake of shit. We aren’t going anywhere.

Dolan simply can’t treat owning the Knicks like owning the Rangers. With the Rangers he just cuts checks. With the Knicks he prefers to settle scores regardless of the collateral damage. Leon Rose and Steve Stoite are not the answer. Watch when we give up assets for a Chris Paul and he falls off a cliff. The Rockets gave up how many 1st rounders to get rid of his contract? OKC might end up with 10 first rounders in the end to be a clearinghouse for that contract.
I think everyone barring some Knicks fans believed they had a terrible offseason as a rebuilding team. They really should have absorbed contracts for picks, but management felt they could compete with Dubious Handles and co.

Provided the cost is cheap, I think trading for Chris Paul is a no brainer. They haven't had a good point guard in 20 years. Add Kenny Atkinson's emphasis on ball movement, CP3 as the floor general, the Knicks could actually be fun to watch next season. Would be a good mentor too for whatever guard they pick with their top 4 pick (ideally Edwards) - he's done really well playing with Shai. I'd even go as far as saying they'd be a playoff team with those moves.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The lesson in all of this regarding Chris Paul should be how important a good GM is.

OKC had 2 stars who wanted out. Looked like a disaster. Presti turned it into a masterpiece of picks and kids. Now they’re as good with plenty of ammo moving forward.

Reactions: Cassano

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I think everyone barring some Knicks fans believed they had a terrible offseason as a rebuilding team. They really should have absorbed contracts for picks, but management felt they could compete with Dubious Handles and co.

Provided the cost is cheap, I think trading for Chris Paul is a no brainer. They haven't had a good point guard in 20 years. Add Kenny Atkinson's emphasis on ball movement, CP3 as the floor general, the Knicks could actually be fun to watch next season. Would be a good mentor too for whatever guard they pick with their top 4 pick (ideally Edwards) - he's done really well playing with Shai. I'd even go as far as saying they'd be a playoff team with those moves.
If the Knicks get Paul I see it as turning out like the Robinson Cano trade turned out for the Mets. I am up for taking picks to absorb the contract. I am not up for giving up big assets for him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Those who followed that team all knew Ewing was not the perfect superstar. But to throw shade on him 25 years later is GARBAGE!
Oakley speaks his mind... I remember he said the Raptors lost the ECSF to the Sixers because Vince went to his graduation ceremony the day of game 7. Lol

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Dolan's actions today are exactly why the Knicks won't be attracting top NBA players for the foreseeable future.

And probably lose a lot of fans in the process too.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah and I assume this will apply to the Rangers, too. Disgraceful.
The Rangers will still be the top FA destination location in hockey, but yeah I am seeing a lot of stuff on social media about people abandoning their Rangers fandom because of Dolan.

I mean, yeah I understand the sentiment among Rangers fan circles how he is 'hands-off' with the Rangers, but that doesn't mean he isn't a piece of shit owner of your favorite hockey team.
  • Once good friends with Harvey Weinstein (defendant in his case actually), knew he was a predator then releases a song about it years later.
  • Claimed Anucha Browne Sanders lied about a lot of things in the Isiah Thomas sexual assault case
  • Made Isiah Thomas GM of the Liberty despite his history in the Anucha Browne Sanders case
  • Calling Charles Oakley and paying Knicks fans alcoholics
  • Kicking out fans for 'sell the team' chant
  • The whole Spike Lee incident and how he basically sent out a PR hit on the most loyal celebrity Knicks fan
And now this e-mail to internal MSG employees.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
EZedFq_X0AES25e.jpg

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It's gotten to the point where it's become bad PR for brands not to make some sort of statement. As much some of these corporations probably don't want to wade into these waters, that's just the reality these days.

My guess is MSG will probably have their lawyers draft up a cookie cutter statement to get some people to stop talking about it, and the rest will continue to crush Dolan for only releasing a statement because he got aired out in public

I'm also not totally believing that people are renouncing their fandom over this. But maybe

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Dolan is disgraceful, per usual. Even with public pressure mounting to make a statement, he probably won't, he doesn't want to jeopardize his cozy ties with the NYPD.

And his email about a respectful workplace is a joke, the average employee is treated like crap and misogyny is rampant.

I hope the Rangers organization and players are being supportive of K'andre Miller in this moment, especially in the wake of the racist Zoom incident back in April. The silence from the Rangers twitter feed the past few days has not gone unnoticed by fans.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Dolan is disgraceful, per usual. Even with public pressure mounting to make a statement, he probably won't, he doesn't want to jeopardize his cozy ties with the NYPD.

And his email about a respectful workplace is a joke, the average employee is treated like crap and misogyny is rampant.

I hope the Rangers organization and players are being supportive of K'andre Miller in this moment, especially in the wake of the racist Zoom incident back in April. The silence from the Rangers twitter feed the past few days has not gone unnoticed by fans.
It would be hilariously hypocritical of Dolan to come out with a statement anyways, considering he wrote a song about Trayvon Martin saying "There’s no good under that hood” and as you mentioned, the NYPD ties.

Reactions: Mac n Gs and nyr2k2

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
"NBA draft lottery: Potential picks for every team

Golden State Warriors - Most likely pick: James Wiseman | C

Cleveland Cavaliers - Most likely pick: Onyeka Okongwu | F

Minnesota Timberwolves - Most likely pick: Anthony Edwards | G

Atlanta Hawks - Most likely pick: Isaac Okoro | F

Detroit Pistons - Most likely pick: LaMelo Ball | G

New York Knicks - Most likely pick: Deni Avdija | F

Chicago Bulls - Most likely pick: Tyrese Haliburton | G

Charlotte Hornets - Most likely pick: Obi Toppin | F

Washington Wizards - Most likely pick: Precious Achiuwa | F

Phoenix Suns - Most likely pick: Killian Hayes | G

San Antonio Spurs - Most likely pick: Patrick Williams | F

Sacramento Kings - Most likely pick: Tyrese Maxey | G

New Orleans Pelicans - Most likely pick: Saddiq Bey | F

Portland Trail Blazers - Most likely pick: Aaron Nesmith | G

Orlando Magic | Average pick: 13.7 - Most likely pick: Cole Anthony | G

Brooklyn Nets - Most likely pick: Devin Vassell | G

Boston Celtics (via Memphis Grizzlies) - Most likely pick: R.J. Hampton | G"
NBA draft lottery: Potential picks and odds for every team

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
“Dallas called New York first about Tim Hardaway Jr. That was who they wanted. That’s when New York said, ‘What do you think about Porzingis?’” Hardaway Sr. said. “And then they threw Tim in the deal. People are going to say that’s not true to cover their butt, but that’s what I know.”​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad