OT: NBA 2019-2020

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Having two 1sts is a good thing based on how the lottery seems to work. Could be used to move up if they don't land a top pick and they are eyeing someone specific.

If not, another young player to target at the back end of the 1st round.

7 1sts over the next 4 years is a nice foundation for a rebuild. Turned a free agent into a 1st and a 20 year old former 2nd rounder. Harkless is just here for the ride the rest of the way. NY guy too, St. Johns, Queens born. While moving from a contender to a bottom feeder, playing at home is probably something to feel good about, but hoping he doesn't play too much. Need to run Knox and all the other young guys to see what they have.

Reactions: ponzu4u

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I definitely overreacted initially to the hiring once I saw he was Melo's agent. However, I read a bit more about Rose, and especially World Wide Wes, and I think they have a group in place with a lot of powerful connections around the league.

I'm just curious to see who they'll replace Perry with as GM (Perry is rumored to be on the outs).

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If he hired them because he thinks they know all the good players and they can get the super team Dolan is dying for, then i stand by my comments. The intention is more important then who he hires. What’s the plan

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Phil cleansed the organization of CAA influence and now Dolan brings it back. They were honestly better with Phil seeing this rebuild out better than what actually transpired. The hero the Knicks didn't deserve.

IIRC he wanted to trade Melo, which was the right move at the time (but it alienated KP, the franchise player at the time). He also wanted to trade KP to Chicago for Markkanen++. Without Porzingis, the team would've lost enough game to draft Doncic. He was playing underwater backgammon while everyone was playing checkers.

Last edited:

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Phil cleansed the organization of CAA influence and now Dolan brings it back. They were honestly better with Phil seeing this rebuild out better than what actually transpired. The hero the Knicks didn't deserve.

IIRC he wanted to trade Melo, which was the right move at the time (but it alienated KP, the franchise player at the time). He also wanted to trade KP to Chicago for Markkanen++. Without Porzingis, the team would've lost enough game to draft Doncic. He was playing underwater backgammon while everyone was playing checkers.
Phil was 1 of the worst hires this franchise ever had..and thats saying something.

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
Harsh. He was better than Isiah's tenure, Glenward when he lost the plot with Bargnani and of course the Mills/Perry tandem.
Saying he was better than Thomas isn't exactly an endorsing comment.Both were brutal and did nothing but set the franchise back years.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Saying he was better than Thomas isn't exactly an endorsing comment.Both were brutal and did nothing but set the franchise back years.
No doubt he was horrible, but he gets unfair reputation when there were literally 4-5 executives that were worse for the Knicks in the past ~15 years.

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
RJ better start shooting free throws with his right hand,because the left 1 isnt working too well lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad