Speculation: Nazem Kadri

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Ill offer you Kerfoot and Rielly (50% retention) for Kadri.
Doesn't fit any need. Jost fits better as a 3C than Kerfoot and well Rielly would be overpaid on the Avs if you look at our left side with Toews, Girard and Byram. If we trade Kadri we basically trade our biggest need of last playoffs which was a #2C :laugh:

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Doesn't fit any need. Jost fits better as a 3C than Kerfoot and well Rielly would be overpaid on the Avs if you look at our left side with Toews, Girard and Byram. If we trade Kadri we basically trade our biggest need of last playoffs which was a #2C :laugh:

It was meant as a joke.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I think Kadri is a solid player for his cap hit. He just needs someone to talk to him probably before every game regular season or playoffs; something along the lines of... "Naz, we really need you man. Play hard but please don't get suspended"

This way you show support and tell him that he is an important part of the team and at the same time you remind him to tone it down a little with the blindside hits.

I think you accept what you get (good and bad) work a player like that. The good news is you know he cares, the bad news is he doesn't always control his emotions. It's a bad trait this far into his career, but I would rather have the guy on the edge vs the guy I have to check for a pulse every game.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
Nazim should be kicked out of the NHL. The guy is a dirty clown act. Too many instances to defend. Mental case.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Though I'm not thrilled about it, it seems like Kadri is sticking around.

At the 2021 NHL Draft there was a rumor Colorado was kicking the tires on Christian Dvorak. If that trade comes to fruition, maybe Kadri will be shipped somewhere else. But I'm not holding my breath.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Avs will keep him because they can't really replace him right now.
This here is the truth. All we can hope is that he bounces back and keeps his shit together. If he does, return to his pre-Covid form, he's a damn good #2C for that cap hit. And he was great in the bubble (par for that last shift against Dallas).

Realistically, there isn't an upgrade over him for the Avs at this point.

Jon77

Feb 1, 2021
You know who would be a great teammate for Kadri?

Brad Marchand.

He is another player that plays on the edge with passion, but has learned how far is too far and when to step away before doing something stupid... well... sometimes involving Bergeron telling him to shut up and sit down... but still.

Honestly, I also think he would mesh well on a line with Hall.

Oh god, he is going to be a Bruin in 2022-2023 isn't he.

How about trade debrusk for him right now.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Nazim should be kicked out of the NHL. The guy is a dirty clown act. Too many instances to defend. Mental case.
He should 100% be in the NHL.
He let's his emotions get to his head too much and he makes dumb plays. but its been atleast a full year since he got suspended prior to this time. I can only hope this is the time that he learns.
if this was the 90s they would just be.....another big hit and thats all
I'd love to have him back on the Leafs if he's not in Colorado's plans anymore.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That's every player in the league.

I wouldn't call him a mercenary. The guy took a discount back when he signed long-term with the Leafs and has never come across as a greedy player in that sense.
Kadri also splurged on some designer flip-flops for the whole team in the bubble. Not really what you'd expect from someone who's tight with money.

Reactions: banks

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I give you Chris Tierney + 2nd rounder.
Change Tierney to a good prospect like Formenton and it would be interesting.

Kadri is a 2C - a flawed one, but a 2C, who has averaged ~55 points the last few years and was over PPG in the bubble playoffs. He has a low caphit for a 2C at $4.5m and a ridiculously low salary of $2m which has a lot of value to penny-pinchers like Melnyk.

Also, needless to say any Kadri trade is dependent on the Avs acquiring a replacement 2C.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
He should 100% be in the NHL.
He let's his emotions get to his head too much and he makes dumb plays. but its been atleast a full year since he got suspended prior to this time. I can only hope this is the time that he learns.
if this was the 90s they would just be.....another big hit and thats all
I'd love to have him back on the Leafs if he's not in Colorado's plans anymore.
Cross checking somebody in the face isn't a dumb play shooting the puck by mistake over the glass is. Next dirty cross check may be his last in the NHL.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
He’s useless if he keeps getting suspended when you need him the most. Hitting Evans ignited a fire that carried the Habs, you CAN’T do things like that and not be a liability no matter how skilled or valuable you are.

He’s his own worst enemy and the Av’s don’t need that. He either gets that or take his value and get someone who does.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
First year in Colorado he had 9G 9A in 15GP in the playoffs. They have seen both the good and the bad. It's a contract year for him and he's got a $4.5M caphit. They can't trade him and find a better 2C at this point so they are going with him.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Up to the boys in the room to set him straight

Good player that needs to check his emotions during the game.
I think you just have to accept at this point that he's going to make boneheaded, dangerous plays. He's always played that way. No leader is going to set him straight all of a sudden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad