Speculation: Nazem Kadri

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Why would we trade him?
To make room for Eichel or another 2C.

Kadri + Compher + Avs current capspace would be enough to cover Eichel's caphit.

Let's say you move Kadri to Ottawa for 2nd + Formenton (an ELC contract)

Turn around and move that 2nd + Newhook + Compher + 1st + whatever other pieces are needed to get it done for Eichel.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Once again a player who needs to overcome his problems by finding proper help.

I think this will be his last season in Colorado.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I think Kadri is a pure mercenary. He won’t play when the pay checks stop.

Strange take. The guy gives a crap, he's just too easily drawn into stupid penalties. Way too big of a chip on his shoulder and won't let things go. Other teams know this and likely chirp him non stop until he throws a hissy fit and goes head hunting.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
He’s useless if he keeps getting suspended when you need him the most. Hitting Evans ignited a fire that carried the Habs, you CAN’T do things like that and not be a liability no matter how skilled or valuable you are.

He’s his own worst enemy and the Av’s don’t need that. He either gets that or take his value and get someone who does.

Uhh I think you're remembering things wrong, unless Kadri magically became a Jet.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I think Kadri is a solid player for his cap hit. He just needs someone to talk to him probably before every game regular season or playoffs; something along the lines of... "Naz, we really need you man. Play hard but please don't get suspended"

This way you show support and tell him that he is an important part of the team and at the same time you remind him to tone it down a little with the blindside hits.

Easy to say this would work, but Kadri has snap show encoded in his DNA. Get under his skin enough and he can't control himself. I guarantee he faced a lot racism growing up and playing hockey as a kid. That kind of anger doesn't go away and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it again next playoffs.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I think if he didnt have such a great playoff the year before with what 6? game winning goals then they'd probably trade him.

At the same time his current value would be much lower then his actual worth since he has been suspended 3 of the last 4 playoffs.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I have no idea where this notion came from, but NHL players get paid during the playoffs.

No they don't. There are bonuses, per round one, but an NHL players salary is for the regular season.

That's why players that don't make the playoffs get their full salaries.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
To make room for Eichel or another 2C.

Kadri + Compher + Avs current capspace would be enough to cover Eichel's caphit.

Let's say you move Kadri to Ottawa for 2nd + Formenton (an ELC contract)

Turn around and move that 2nd + Newhook + Compher + 1st + whatever other pieces are needed to get it done for Eichel.
Ottawa aren’t trading Formenton for 1 year if Kadri. That’s absurd! Ottawa is rebuilding with Formenton and not renting.

Come on man….

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Love the player, if he can get his anger in check just little (like keep it at max a game misconduct type blow up) he could have a Kreijci like effect on a playoff run. Dude can be a warrior if he gets his head straight.

The hit that got him suspended this season wasn't him getting angry, or losing his temper. He was trying to play the body on a trailing defenseman, and mistimed it, catching Faulk in the jaw with his shoulder. An inch or two difference, and it's a perfectly clean hit and a good defensive play.

Reactions: Koolboss

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
No they don't. There are bonuses, per round one, but an NHL players salary is for the regular season.

That's why players that don't make the playoffs get their full salaries.

Of course their contracted salary is purely for the regular season, but the deeper they go in the playoffs the more bonus money they receive.

Nobody is playing for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->