Speculation: Nazem Kadri

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he should get traded because the guy keeps costing his team in the playoffs, when in retrospect he can be ALOT better than the idiot who keeps getting suspended.

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He was so damn dominant in the playoffs his first year in Colorado. Then after a mediocre season this year he looked like he had that same step back for the playoffs this year. Then..... The wires crossed.

He’s such a need for Colorado that they can’t move on from him but god damn he better not f*** up next year.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Kadri won’t be traded. Unless you want to offer a 2c replacement. But he’s a ufa so avs will use him as an internal rental.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
He makes $4.5m. So, anybody out there wanting to trade us a <$4.5m 2C in exchange for him? No? No takers? There you go.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Drouin for Kadri,
For what feels like the millionth time, no the Avs do not want Drouin for Kadri…or for anything with the slightest bit of value for that matter. Habs are better off keeping him in hopes his value some how crawls out of the red.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Sure, the constant playoff suspensions aren't a good look. But, I hear that he's switched to chickpea pasta and makes really crisp passes in practice. The leadership in Denver has this under control.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kind of surprised the Oilers would have interest. They seem to be assembling an interesting collection of ex-Leafs out there.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I'd take Kadri in Calgary. I'm not sure what the ask would be. Probably have to include Monahan and since there is an age difference either a pick or a prospect to Calgary as well.

Not that I've soured on Monahan like a lot of Flames fans on this site. Far from it. I've always liked Kadri's grit. He is a Backlund 2.0 with menace and the type of player we could use. Yes, Calgary would lose a sniper, but the way Treliving/Sutter is constructing the team, Kadri would be a good piece to add.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I'd take him on the Oilers. I like players with an edge to them that is borderline dirty at times.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I'd take Kadri in Calgary. I'm not sure what the ask would be. Probably have to include Monahan and since there is an age difference either a pick or a prospect to Calgary as well.

Not that I've soured on Monahan like a lot of Flames fans on this site. Far from it. I've always liked Kadri's grit. He is a Backlund 2.0 with menace and the type of player we could use. Yes, Calgary would lose a sniper, but the way Treliving/Sutter is constructing the team, Kadri would be a good piece to add.

he already refused a trade to Calgary.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
A cautionary tale about giving long term, big money contracts to 28 year olds? I think that depends greatly on Kadri's next contract.

Nah, I meant as a long term reputation for the player; and also to some extent the reputation of the host organization (see how people view the Bruins today).

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
If I'm Sakic, I go after Dvorak and trade Kadri.

It will take a lot to get Dvorak out of Zona but they have the assets to do so and he's locked up LT.

Kadri will be appealing to a team who needs a Middle 6 C with a good cap hit and one year remaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad