Speculation: Nazem Kadri

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
"When people stop being polite and start getting real." - MTV The Real World

I thought for sure he was going to be shipped out before this point.

Looking at COL's depth he's still their #2 C.

If you have a short-term memory then you've forgotten about his recent suspension.

If you are a leafs fan you'll remember well that he got himself suspended twice in the playoffs.

COL seem to be trying to win a cup soon. Are they still going with Naz? Can they trust him? It seems to me he's consistant in hitting players when they are vulnerable.

What do you think?

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Up to the boys in the room to set him straight

Good player that needs to check his emotions during the game.

I have to assume Colorado would hire him a sports psychologist to deal with his issue(s). Suspensions aside he's a valuable player and a contender can't just let their 2C go, or let him keep taking suspensions.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think Kadri is a solid player for his cap hit. He just needs someone to talk to him probably before every game regular season or playoffs; something along the lines of... "Naz, we really need you man. Play hard but please don't get suspended"

This way you show support and tell him that he is an important part of the team and at the same time you remind him to tone it down a little with the blindside hits.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
He was very good in the bubble last year so deserves another chance with the Avs. With only next year on his contract, doing stupid things again will cost him a lot of money.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Up to the boys in the room to set him straight

Good player that needs to check his emotions during the game.

It doesn’t work that way with Kadri, in the AHL they had to call his father to set him straight and get him to take things seriously.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Jack Johnson.

Jeez that's messed up :laugh:

As far as the Avs should be concerned, they are way too good and in their prime window spot to put their Stanley Cup hopes on a temperamental Kadri. Dude has shown time and time again he can't keep his emotions in check and gets selfish.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I was never a fan of Kadri’s game. He doesn’t make his team mates better and might be better suited as a winger. Selfish player with anger issues.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You know who would be a great teammate for Kadri?

Brad Marchand.

He is another player that plays on the edge with passion, but has learned how far is too far and when to step away before doing something stupid... well... sometimes involving Bergeron telling him to shut up and sit down... but still.

Honestly, I also think he would mesh well on a line with Hall.

Oh god, he is going to be a Bruin in 2022-2023 isn't he.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Love the player, if he can get his anger in check just little (like keep it at max a game misconduct type blow up) he could have a Kreijci like effect on a playoff run. Dude can be a warrior if he gets his head straight.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
You know who would be a great teammate for Kadri?

Brad Marchand.

He is another player that plays on the edge with passion, but has learned how far is too far and when to step away before doing something stupid... well... sometimes involving Bergeron telling him to shut up and sit down... but still.

Honestly, I also think he would mesh well on a line with Hall.

Oh god, he is going to be a Bruin in 2022-2023 isn't he.

...Kadri & Marchand on the same team would make Baby Jebus cry...and would be ridiculously effective until one stepped over the line inevitably...

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I think Kadri is a solid player for his cap hit. He just needs someone to talk to him probably before every game regular season or playoffs; something along the lines of... "Naz, we really need you man. Play hard but please don't get suspended"

This way you show support and tell him that he is an important part of the team and at the same time you remind him to tone it down a little with the blindside hits.

You think nobody has done this in his career?

Problem 1 is he's just not a smart person, probably one of the dumber people in the NHL based on interviews and on-ice behaviour.

Problem 2 is if you tone down his edge such that he's not a suspension risk, you got a one way offensive center that doesn't really elevate his linemates. Yes he's good in front of net on the PP, but without the loose cannon stuff he's just a regular middle 6 C. His defensive game is built around physical harassment instead of positioning, he can't play that game full tilt without risking attention from the refs.

Maybe his way forward here is embracing becoming a Ribeiro type in the back half of his career and going back to his creative playmaking style from juniors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->