The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Big if true..

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Big if true..

1000008917.gif

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
If only they had a guy who is good along the wall, pursues turned over pucks to strip guys of possession and turn the play quickly back in the other direction. Oh. Wait. Nevermind. :laugh: :cry:

Colorado has a decent middle 6 center that is a pending RFA. Perhaps we could package Krebs and 11OA for his rights this offseason. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
To be fair, his offensive numbers fall more in line with an average 2C than a 3C. He just plays a shutdown role well enough that folks label him a good option as a 3C.
His career high is 45pts, that's 3C range or a damn poor 2C on a low scoring team which Tampa wasn't. He had favorable matchups and didn't produce much. I like him as a player but acquisition cost plus his contract is a no go. Especially considering that Tampa would move him as a cost savings to sign more important players, so why do them a favor at above market value prices

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
His career high is 45pts, that's 3C range or a damn poor 2C on a low scoring team which Tampa wasn't. He had favorable matchups and didn't produce much. I like him as a player but acquisition cost plus his contract is a no go. Especially considering that Tampa would move him as a cost savings to sign more important players, so why do them a favor at above market value prices

I think the obsession is that somehow Cirelli is Point 2.0 and that's not even close. He's fine but he's not worth 2 - 3 firsts.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

He also paced for 55 points in the COVID shortened season, and after a slow start this year, scored at a 60 point pace from mid December till the end of the season - he actually outscored Mitts in that timeframe.

3rd line centers rarely score 50 points. People are wanting to bring in Nico Sturm for the third line who sored 13 points last season and has a career high of 26 points.

I don't think there are any Tampa fans that want to move him now. (although most did at the beginning of December due to him dealing with whatever he was dealing with and not playing well)

Three firsts for him is bonkers, but if Adams is dead set on trading this years first for help up the middle, he could do a lot worse value wise than Cirelli straight up for that pick, and I am honestly not positive he could get much of a better offer

Reactions: DJN21

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
He also paced for 55 points in the COVID shortened season, and after a slow start this year, scored at a 60 point pace from mid December till the end of the season - he actually outscored Mitts in that timeframe.

3rd line centers rarely score 50 points. People are wanting to bring in Nico Sturm for the third line who sored 13 points last season and has a career high of 26 points.

I don't think there are any Tampa fans that want to move him now. (although most did at the beginning of December due to him dealing with whatever he was dealing with and not playing well)

Three firsts for him is bonkers, but if Adams is dead set on trading this years first for help up the middle, he could do a lot worse value wise than Cirelli straight up for that pick, and I am honestly not positive he could get much of a better offer
Considering he never scored more than 45, you don't have to worry about a 3C with over 50 in his case. He's overpriced, overpaid and hasn't exactly been a Selke winning defensive center. You want to send the 11OV to Tampa then you better get Paul in return as he'd be a much better investment

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Considering he never scored more than 45, you don't have to worry about a 3C with over 50 in his case. He's overpriced, overpaid and hasn't exactly been a Selke winning defensive center. You want to send the 11OV to Tampa then you better get Paul in return as he'd be a much better investment
I personally do not want to send the 11OA anywhere.if it were up to me, i'd be keeping the pick up until the Sabres were on the clock to see what was available. Team is going to need a steady stream of cheap talent infusing the lineup to stay competitive for a long time. I'd much rather trade one of the current high end prospects that are creating a logjam in Rochester. There won't be spots for all of those guys much sooner than a pick from the 2024 class.

I was just commenting on value. I do not believe Tampa moves him, and if they do, I think they get a solid return.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I personally do not want to send the 11OA anywhere.if it were up to me, i'd be keeping the pick up until the Sabres were on the clock to see what was available. Team is going to need a steady stream of cheap talent infusing the lineup to stay competitive for a long time. I'd much rather trade one of the current high end prospects that are creating a logjam in Rochester. There won't be spots for all of those guys much sooner than a pick from the 2024 class.

I was just commenting on value. I do not believe Tampa moves him, and if they do, I think they get a solid return.

Same thoughts from me, we have too many guys with the same ELC/Team control window. Would be nice to reset a few of those

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003

I have no issue moving out prospects, even someone like Peterka for an upgrade in a position of need. The current crop are too homogeneous in their skillset so culling a couple would be beneficial.

The 11OV is in an area that you're looking at a choice between C, big RHD, or a big W depending on how the draft shakes out.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The man choosing between those things won’t be around to see any of them play if he doesn’t fix the nhl roster by any means necessary.

You are likely to be very mad about what has to be done in order for that to happen. It’s why many of us argued he shouldn’t have used thirty draft picks the last three years while the roster sat untouched. Now he is in a do or die…a position where great decisions rarely come from.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
Or we could just wait for July 1st and give Chandler Stephenson the same money and term without trading anything away.
This is an important point. Whether we trade for higher end assets or sign them in free agency, the assumption would be that the assets will be under contract for more than a year. That means we are going to have difficult decisions on our future RFAs regardless of how we acquire upgrades. For that reason, I prefer going the UFA route and keeping most of our prospects so that they can be brought up on ELCs over the next 2-3 seasons as cap space gets tight.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Building through high-paid wingers is a path to failure. Unless Brady can play center, you’re just putting fancy rims on a car with no engine.

I honestly think Henrique would have a bigger impact on the team than Brady Tkachuk. If he wasn’t due to fall off a cliff any season now, I’d give him the moon.
Centers are too hard to acquire via trades. Pettersson was kicked around for a bit but that option went away.

The only impact center I even see talked about is Zegras.

Tkachuk would have a much bigger impact than Henrique.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Centers are too hard to acquire via trades. Pettersson was kicked around for a bit but that option went away.

The only impact center I even see talked about is Zegras.

Tkachuk would have a much bigger impact than Henrique.
I don't even want Petterson or Zegras. We don't have the cap space. I want Nic Paul or Nic Roy or someone like that, who is complimentary and not redundant.

The focus should be on building a team, not collecting the most one-way skill. Haven't we learned that a million times over the past decade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad