OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2022

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I don't pay much attention to NCAA basketball before the full tournament, but there's a lot of sad looking people wearing Clemson gear loading up a bus at the Grand Hyatt this morning.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Took my son to the DC United/Miami game yesterday. First time at Audi Field and I have to say, it’s a great little stadium. I’d say 60% of the people in attendance were wearing Miami/Messi gear including 90% of the kids under 10. Kind of wild seeing the draw that Leo the GOAT has with kids who never saw him play in his prime.

He didn’t play but still had a great time and got to watch Sergio Busquets, Jordi Alba, and Luis Suarez all play. Suarez had two goals despite only playing 20 minutes after coming on in the 70’ minute. Busquets is still unbelievably good, watching him in person was pretty special.

And Christian Benteke… oof. He’s big and strong and decent enough at hold up play but man was he awful in annd around the box. He missed two or three 1v1s with the goalie. Missed a header into an empty net. His poor finishing is why they lost yesterday.

Reactions: usiel

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Zards back to their rightful pole position of the crappiest NBA team after losing to Houston.
Alexandre Sarr here we come.

The NBA is really unique in that respect, one great draft can literally transform your team from loser to contender over night. Think back to when the Magic drafted Shaquille O'Neal, or the Bulls got Micheal Jordan.The other three sports, hey its great when you get a franchise player, but you still have to wait a while to assemble a team around him.

Wizards could turn things around in a hurry.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Alexandre Sarr here we come.

The NBA is really unique in that respect, one great draft can literally transform your team from loser to contender over night. Think back to when the Magic drafted Shaquille O'Neal, or the Bulls got Micheal Jordan.The other three sports, hey its great when you get a franchise player, but you still have to wait a while to assemble a team around him.

Wizards could turn things around in a hurry.
Tankathon sim lottery the other day my first five tries the Zards dropped to #5 till the sixth try where they got the #1, sheesh.

Continued tank should be pretty decent. Last nights game was pretty hilarious with Kuzma, Deni, Coolibaby (out the rest of the season), Jones, Shamet were out. Johnny "Bust" Davis with 2 points in 27 minutes

• Haha
Reactions: sycamore

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Sarr looks amazingly athletic for a big man, cat-like reflexes, impressive touch on his outside shots. His relatively skinny physique is a concern, but he's only 18. Hook him up with a competent nutritionist and physical trainer, give him a few years to mature physically, and we're looking at an utterly dominant force in the league.

• Love

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Sarr looks amazingly athletic for a big man, cat-like reflexes, impressive touch on his outside shots. His relatively skinny physique is a concern, but he's only 18. Hook him up with a competent nutritionist and physical trainer, give him a few years to mature physically, and we're looking at an utterly dominant force in the league.
Center position is a need so no problem with that pick. As many YT videos of the top 10 ten, roughly, lottery picks really no one stands out in a way that really make me favor them. Center and PG seems like the biggest needs for the rebuild.

Reactions: sycamore

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Jackson Holliday not making the O's out of spring training is a bummer. Hard to have a better spring training at the plate than he did. Wowwing in both traditional and advanced metrics.
.311 batting average
.600 slugging
147 wRC+

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Why would the O's not call up Jackson Holiday? His spring stats looked ready for a call up.
Are they trying to Kris Bryant him?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Tankathon sim lottery the other day my first five tries the Zards dropped to #5 till the sixth try where they got the #1, sheesh.

Continued tank should be pretty decent. Last nights game was pretty hilarious with Kuzma, Deni, Coolibaby (out the rest of the season), Jones, Shamet were out. Johnny "Bust" Davis with 2 points in 27 minutes

What is it, a 14% chance of them getting the 1st overall, same odds if they finish 2nd or 3rd worst? Dumbest lottery system on the planet.

Sep 19, 2008
Angelos was a petty, vindictive man who trashed the DC area and feuded with the late jack Kent Cooke over Baltimore getting a football team in the 90s. He meddle constantly, tried to buy titles unsuccessfully, drove an organization into a deep hole of which they are only just now getting out of. "DC is not a baseball town."

His only saving grace is his support of labor in 1995.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This stupid town. Now the Wizards are winning as well (2 straight wins). :(
Don’t fret. All of the bottom 3 teams have the same % to get the #1.

So they would need to win 4 games and have Charlotte win 0 (as in NONE) to even tie them for 3rd worst.

It’s a coast from here on out, unless something stupid happens. Then it’s up to the lottery gods

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Also with really no top tier talent in the top 5, imho, my prediction the best player out of this draft might be anyone in the first round. Just got to hope the regime really comes through on the draft evaluation. PG and Center would be my hope to come out of this draft with their two 1st rounders.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Also with really no top tier talent in the top 5, imho, my prediction the best player out of this draft might be anyone in the first round. Just got to hope the regime really comes through on the draft evaluation. PG and Center would be my hope to come out of this draft with their two 1st rounders.
I dunno. Saar seems to me, to be a stud. There are 3 guys that have been mentioned as possible #1’s……

Saar
Risacher
Dillingham

Not necessarily in that order.

All would fill a position of need (C, SF, PG)

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I dunno. Saar seems to me, to be a stud. There are 3 guys that have been mentioned as possible #1’s……

Saar
Risacher
Dillingham

Not necessarily in that order.

All would fill a position of need (C, SF, PG)

The other end is the question. Sarr has shown potential as a rim runner in ball screens, but for the most part, his game involves pick-and-pops, and he doesn’t make great screen contact. He’s not a high-impact defensive rebounder, which has led to some questioning if he can consistently play the five in the NBA. If he indeed requires a more physical center alongside him, his limited offensive game may be exposed. He’s best served playing next to a floor-spacing five, or he’d need to become a dangerous perimeter shooter himself.

Sarr has shown flashes as a ballhandler and some touch as a shooter, so there’s enough upside in his package of skills to make him a legitimate difference-maker. It will just take him a lot of time to round out. He’s not as offensively polished as Mobley was entering the league in 2021.

Sarr’s range is across the top five right now, depending on how the lottery order falls.

Basically Saar aside all the top 10 prospect have concerns like this. This is one of the drafts where scouting departments and the development side really have to work together and take the best shot.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

Basically Saar aside all the top 10 prospect have concerns like this. This is one of the drafts where scouting departments and the development side really have to work together and take the best shot.
Thankfully, the new regime seems to have a MUCH better handle on that. Development. Coulibaly seemed to be blossoming nicely, before he hurt himself.

The 2025 draft is where all the real prizes are. So them taking a project (like Saar) would be just fine w me. Have another season like this one, next year, and hopefully bag one of the top 2 picks (2 players like Chet Holmgren are going to be there, Cooper Flagg, and I forget the other kids name)

Edit — Mualach, kid from Africa, going to Duke (damn, hun and Flagg at Duke?? JFC). Also a kid named Bailey. All 3 would be #1 this year, I’ve read. Easily #1

Last edited:
Reactions: usiel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad