OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2022

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Bless the Thunder fans cheering like the game against the Zards is against a playoff team.

Athleticism difference just in general between the two rosters is quite stark.

Clearly they need to tank next year also re:

There remains a lot of variance team by team in those boards. The 2024 draft is not considered an overly strong one. In fact, at the top, it’s seen as clearly the weakest in the past decade. Many team evaluators are comparing it to the 2013 draft, in which Anthony Bennett was selected No. 1 overall, only one All-Star was selected in the lottery and only three All-Stars were picked in the entire draft.

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Bless the Thunder fans cheering like the game against the Zards is against a playoff team.

Athleticism difference just in general between the two rosters is quite stark.

Clearly they need to tank next year also re:

I “think” I think that Alex Sarr is the prize. Cannot teach height, and he’s very nimble for his size.

🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
At long last the 'Zards are in the #1 tank position at Tankathon in a weak ass draft. And can only slip down to #5. Lottery rules for NBA is terribad.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Yeah, I think we see Kuzma (and maybe Bagley?) traded at some point between the 2024 draft and the 2025 draft. The biggest disappointment this year was not trading Jones for some draft capital. I believe he's a pending UFA.
Bagley's been a decent trade he's definitely helped a bit on rebounding and defense (not counting the olay defense for the team since the all star break.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, I think we see Kuzma (and maybe Bagley?) traded at some point between the 2024 draft and the 2025 draft. The biggest disappointment this year was not trading Jones for some draft capital. I believe he's a pending UFA.
I was baffled by their holding on to Jones. Hell, even take a 2nd (or 2) from someone.

Plus him staying makes the team more competitive this year, which isn’t useful either.

All around — very odd choice

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Wiz lose in OT. Johnny Davis played 16:41, 0 points, 2 rebounds
DVR'd delayed but yeah I know there has been a regime change since JD's draft but please shoot any scout's vote for him to the moon.

I know there has been, finally, some pushback on the tacky tack fouls on offensive drives being called. Case in point Lebron getting gently incidentally nudged on drives getting an and one needs to f'ing stop. Also stop giving old man river the despicable NBA star calls

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Johnny Davis might be the worst pro I’ve ever seen. He’s offensively bad.

And I have to disagree with @NobodyBeatsTheWiz this time… the biggest disappointment to me this season is Jordan Poole. Looking like we got fleeced with that one and saddled with an albatross contract — good thing they don’t plan on being any good for a while.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

And I have to disagree with @NobodyBeatsTheWiz this time… the biggest disappointment to me this season is Jordan Poole. Looking like we got fleeced with that one and saddled with an albatross contract — good thing they don’t plan on being any good for a while.
I’m sorry you had expectations for Poole. I mean that. I wish I could have cured that for you. Seriously.

I called 1-866-HeBlows after the trade, and they helped me to understand Poole. I should’ve been more vocal on here, to protect others from unwarranted frustration and sadness.

It’s my fault. Mea Culpa

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The only sliver of daylight with Poole he has been better off the bench. Also the expectations are so low at this point have to watch out for recently bias.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

Hey, I'm good with Poole helping the tank this year and helping the team hit the floor for the rest of his contract.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad