Nov 22, 2007
1712097506074.png

First Chubbs, now Sizzler guy.

RIP, you JACKASS

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Wiz beat the Bucks :thumbd:

Still the 2nd worst with 15 wins, but only 3 games behind Charlotte and San Antonio who each have 18

Six games left

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
They *should* finish 2nd worst. Which gives them an equal swing at it, with the other 2 worst teams.

Now watch them pick 5th.
Tbh this is a draft where it does not matter. Not fan of the three euros in the top 5 except for maybe the PG. Of course always great to get the pick of the litter but I'd almost rather them save the luck for next year.

Flagg looks like the best HS'er purportedly in the last decade: 2025 NBA Mock Draft - NBA Draft Room

Sep 19, 2008
That's what I've been saying. This draft sucks for talent. The year to tank was last year.

Now they played terribly this year for what? What promise do they have?

Pisses me off. They blew everything up this offseason and just went full tank. They have no hope for the future, next year is probably going to be shitty too. Wizards have a long way to climb upwards to become relevant again. Long.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
That's what I've been saying. This draft sucks for talent. The year to tank was last year.

Pisses me off. They blew everything up this offseason and just went full tank. They have no hope for the future, next year is probably going to be shitty too. Wizards have a long way to climb upwards to become relevant again. Long.
My main 20/20 hindsight is they should have moved from Unseld as the head coach in the past off season. Clear after the coaching change was there were at least some games the 'Zards did play better defense. Also overall Deni/Kispert continue to improve. Kuzma was still solid still assume they'll trade him next year at some point. Coolibaby had a decent first year all things considered. 2nd half of the year Poole coming off the bench he played much better as well as letting him be the PG out there. Bagley was a nice pickup definitely helped the D out and rebounding.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Heston Kjerstad with 10 RBIs tonight :eek3:. Not sure how long they can keep him Holliday down

Apparently the other team is using position players as pitchers, guess that explains the 26 - 11 score :laugh:

Last edited:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

As long as they keep the tank going for next year, I'm ok. That's an actual talented draft. It's rare that tanking teams spend only 1 year in the top-5, so I'm optimistic.

Assuming they do tank again, I'm bullish on what management has done. They didn't force a Kuzma trade to get another pick in this shitty draft. The Bagley move looks like one that'll result in another valuable draft asset. Coulibaly showed flashes of high potential. Deni has quietly taken a step forward and become one of the best defenders in the league. They only have one bad contract in Poole's, and he's only 24. They actually used and signed a second round pick! (and very early returns on him are extremely promising)

Avdija/Coulibaly/Kispert/Vukcevic is a decent starting point for this rebuild. They need an alpha talent and a primary ballhandler to really elevate, but I like the pieces and flexibility in place right now. Stay the course.

Last edited:

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
As long as they keep the tank going for next year, I'm ok. That's an actual talented draft. It's rare that tanking teams spend only 1 year in the top-5, so I'm optimistic.

Assuming they do tank again, I'm bullish on what management has done. They didn't force a Kuzma trade to get another pick in this shitty draft. The Bagley move looks like one that'll result in another valuable draft asset. Coulibaly showed flashes of high potential. Deni has quietly taken a step forward and become one of the best defenders in the league. They only have one bad contract in Poole's, and he's only 24. They actually used and signed a second round pick! (and very early returns on him are extremely promising)

Avdija/Coulibaly/Kispert/Vukcevic is a decent starting point for this rebuild. They need an alpha talent and a primary ballhandler to really elevate, but I like the pieces and flexibility in place right now. Stay the course.
I think that this development core is why I am tending to look at the PG lottery options and for their other 1st round pick some size/defense first/rebounder for their other pick in the 20s.

I do hope they sign an extension with Kispert he's one of those players that should always be able to move to teams gunning for a championship with his three point shooting and his off ball slashing to the hope for a lot of success this season.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Diluted products draw fewer viewers. Who could've forseen such a thing?

It doesn't help that they've lost a lot of veteran commentators and replaced them with dry white toast like Luke Donald and Trevor Immelman. They clearly know their shit but their entertainment value depends almost entirely on whether or not you already like them.

Good that both sides are getting antsy to put the band back together.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Wizards will finish with the worst record in franchise history. Will finish 29th or 30th

Avdjia with 32 points (17th double double this year)
Kispert with 21 points
Vukcevic with 11 points
Poole with 29 points

Davis with...... 0

Trailed 42-17 after the first quarter

Last edited:

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Wizards will finish with the worst record in franchise history. Will finish 29th or 30th

Avdjia with 32 points (17th double double this year)
Kispert with 21 points
Vukcevic with 11 points
Poole with 29 points

Davis with...... 0

Trailed 42-17 after the first quarter
Watched a decent amount of this game between Caps periods definitely can tell they didn't have any defensive mentality right out of the gate. Tristan V. is intriguing. Butler is sort of nice surprise for bench depth. Poole pretty decent playing the PG position.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Vukcevic's per 36 numbers 👍

18.1 PTS
9.6 TRB
3.3 AST
1.1 STL
1.6 BLK

He's fouling a LOT (6.6 PF/36), and the shooting efficiency isn't there yet, but damn if these first 9 games aren't super promising.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Vukcevic's per 36 numbers 👍

18.1 PTS
9.6 TRB
3.3 AST
1.1 STL
1.6 BLK

He's fouling a LOT (6.6 PF/36), and the shooting efficiency isn't there yet, but damn if these first 9 games aren't super promising.
Yeah he's promising. You can tell in the plays that he is fouling is simply adjustment period to NBA play. No idea why they didn't have him over for the whole season as it seemed like it was a decision by the 'Zards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad