OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2021-TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lol….Dustin Johnson yesterday breaks his driver on the range right before the round…..has no backup, grabs an old 3-wood from car, hadn’t hit it, throws it in the bag, plays first few holes playing with with 5 and 7 woods lol…..shoots 1 under….

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Malice in the Palace was pretty entertaining….

Love me some Stephen Jackson…..you want that guy in the trench next to you lol.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Too late. I can still get excited about the Army Navy game but the rest of it has moved past me.

I want the old ACC rivalries back. In a bad way. Mainly in basketball.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I want the old ACC rivalries back. In a bad way. Mainly in basketball.

I live in NC. An easy drive from UNC, NCST and Duke. Maryland was like a local team. Then MD ditched the ACC and I quit watching college sports. I dont care about the SEC and Maryland and Ohio St and Indiana mean nothing to me. It totally killed it for me

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
ACC, B1G, Pac-12 announce 'historic' alliance

upload_2021-8-24_16-16-39.png

itshappening.jpeg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think it means more MD vs Duke and MD vs UNC basketball games that mean something, from my selfish perspective.

For football it'll likely mean more games out of conference in general.

Checking the NC newspapers to see if there is anything on MD returned to traditional ACC rivalry games

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The press release from the ACC requires a so far unavailable definition of what a rivalry is. If its pr speak for keeping all of your in conference rivalries, then it means one thing. If its pr speak for creating the most interesting schedule possible, it means something else.

Does Maryland have any non ACC rivalries in football or basketball? Penn St in football? Anything in basketball? These graphs below could suggest that since Maryland v NC State and Maryland vs Carolina is more interesting than Maryland vs Michigan that you will see Maryland returning to an ACC centric schedule. Another read that I see is that the conferences will remain as they are and they will negotiate for tv rights as a group and create a few headline games. That would be my fear.

That said, Maryland vs Duke twice a year is a thing that doesnt go away and when you add UNC, NCST. and UVA to that I am not sure how the conferences and UMD dont want it to happen right away.

The football scheduling alliance will feature additional attractive matchups across the three conferences while continuing to honor historic rivalries and the best traditions of college football.

In women’s and men’s basketball, the three conferences will add early and mid-season games as well as annual events that feature premier matchups between the three leagues.

The three conferences will also explore opportunities for the vast and exceptional Olympic Sports programs to compete more frequently and forge additional attractive and meaningful rivalries.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Duke and UNC are huge historical rivalries for UMD Men's Basketball.
NC State and UVA are tier 2.
Clemson, GA Tech and Wake Forest are below that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Tour pros react to PGA Tour's new 'Brooksy' rule on social media

This is just silly. BD is setting himself up as the tour villain with his prickly behavior. Glad Cantlay recovered from BD's complaint and won. Guy's a robot.

I don't follow Cantlay that much but he was playing agonizingly slow on Sunday, which is something BD has been criticized for. Seemed like a role reversal.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’m fine with it…trolling fans not needed on course IMO.

Yeah I get that but this is very specific to one player being taunted with the name of another player. Does little to dispel the impression that PGA tour players are hypersensitive babies who need to be handled with extreme care.

Seems like an overreaction given all the other crap people are allowed to yell. If they're going to crack down that's great, but also go after the idiots who yell "MASHED POTATOES" or "BABA BOOEY" after every drive, sometimes during swings. Same with those who yell "GET IN THE HOLE'" for tee shots on par 4s and 5s. Just idiots.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Same idiots for sure…..I don’t think taunting from fans has a place in tournament golf, and that’s what a “Brooksey” cheer is.

Call it hypersensitive or whatever, but I slide back to “it’s a gentleman’s game” attitude on this one.

Hell, you hear more Brooksey cheers following BD, than Koepka himself lol!

Have no issue with those cheers during Ryder Cup!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Same idiots for sure…..I don’t think taunting from fans has a place in tournament golf, and that’s what a “Brooksey” cheer is.

Call it hypersensitive or whatever, but I slide back to “it’s a gentleman’s game” attitude on this one.

Hell, you hear more Brooksey cheers following BD, than Koepka himself lol!

Have no issue with those cheers during Ryder Cup!

True again but think back to the shit Nicklaus had to take whenever he was up against Arnie. All the "fat Jack" shouts and whatnot. It's been around for a long time.

Just seems like an overreaction to this one case that's inviting someone to line-step and test the rule, then blow it up and make the PGA Tour look bad somehow. We'll see.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve never really heard or read much about “Fat Jack” (he was pretty Doughboyish/babyfatish there for a while lol)….

As long as they don’t allow anything else similar, I’m ok with it as a broader policy from the Tour. Golf doesn’t need the jerks in the gallery IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese