OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2021-TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eirikrautha

4 goals plus a bronze. We are not talking about 10 goal Ov. We are talking about today Ov and previous superstar Ov. Biles was the favorite. If she competes in the floor exercise which remains on her schedule she would be the favorite. She has competed in 1 olympics and 2 world championships. She has 13 gold medals and 3 silver/ bronze. Thats 16 medals in 3 competitions. She holds the records. In short, she is the shit.
She was the shit. Sunni Lee is the Olympic All-Around champion.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
She was the shit. Sunni Lee is the Olympic All-Around champion.

What are we talking about here? She was the favorite because she earned it with years of repeated dominance. Not even Ovechkin won every Rocket, but remains the GOAT. No matter its still no reason to be bashing her. Which is what I dont get.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Again now why are these two grouped together???

I could explain it to you but it would require going against a recent mod warning, so you can figure it out yourself with some googling. K?

Search "wing critics of simone biles" and enough results should show up. Don't try to convince me there isn't a particular group of people pushing these narratives while also having the preferences I noted. Just don't. It's lame and nobody is stupid enough to fall for that bullshit. Same media sources, same audiences. And the same people always complain "how dare you categorize us".

Well, I dare. Because it's true.

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I could explain it to you but it would require going against a recent mod warning, so you can figure it out yourself with some googling. K?

Search "wing critics of simone biles" and enough results should show up. Don't try to convince me there isn't a particular group of people pushing these narratives while also having the preferences I noted. Just don't. It's lame and nobody is stupid enough to fall for that bullshit. Same media sources, same audiences. And the same people always complain "how dare you categorize us".

Well, I dare. Because it's true.
Well you caught us. Our master plan to attack black women with nascar and anti-vaccine lies was almost completed, but you figured it out.
upload_2021-7-31_22-10-47.jpeg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The same people who can't get off the couch without help, won't do their part in fighting the pandemic by masking or getting vaccinated, and whined that staying home without a proper haircut was damaging to their mental health SOMEHOW think they have the ability to criticize the fortitude of elite CHAMPION athletes representing our country half a world away during a massive COVID surge?

Yeah that adds up.

Umm..Yup

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well you caught us. Our master plan to attack black women with nascar and anti-vaccine lies was almost completed, but you figured it out.
View attachment 458478

I didn't need to figure anything out and no tinfoil hats are needed. It's right out in the open. An unnamed political leader blames "wokeism" for the USWNT losing to Sweden, and has bashed many similar athletes in the past. People here have taken up the same arguments. The same sources are piling on Biles. It's obvious. And intentional.

It's not a secret to anyone, except maybe those who are so deep into the rhetoric they don't realize it. Or maybe they just don't care.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
this place never disappoints!
Who knew me making a comment there is corporate hype in the Olympics would lead to a collage of women athletes that includes a kayaker?

Who mentioned sanctimonious rants? Yeah we have a couple on here who would give a Baptist Minister a run for their money.

And since we are mentioning obscure sports that we follow, I have been a die hard America’s Cup fan since ‘87. Go ahead, quiz me.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I felt like it was a slight overreaction myself Hog…..but what can you do? You didn’t exactly back down….lol. ;)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Who knew me making a comment there is corporate hype in the Olympics would lead to a collage of women athletes that includes a kayaker?

Who mentioned sanctimonious rants? Yeah we have a couple on here who would give a Baptist Minister a run for their money.

And since we are mentioning obscure sports that we follow, I have been a die hard America’s Cup fan since ‘87. Go ahead, quiz me.

The Kayaker. Its actually a canoe and she is a local teenager. A point of pride. I remember when the local kid down the street from me was ok to make a deal over.

boxing-1976-summer-olympics-usa-sugar-ray-leonard-victorious-with-picture-id154347366

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
As a road racer I have to tell you that I lost interest in F1 a long time ago. Every time I give it another try it turns out to be the same old shit.

The Netflix series got me interested and I’ve really enjoyed it. Made me look a little at Indy Car again, but not as fun tracks for my tastes.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I missed too. She qualified in slalom canoe but that photo is in a kayak. The obvious difference is that two sided paddle for kayak and a single paddle for canoe
And people sit in a kayak but kneel in a canoe. I know way to much about this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->