OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2021-TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Netflix series got me interested and I’ve really enjoyed it. Made me look a little at Indy Car again, but not as fun tracks for my tastes.

I've raced on most of the Indycar road course tracks and far prefer them to the F1 tracks. The old F1 tracks like Spa are still fun but most of them are new and they are designed specifically for F1 cars and for a level of safety that takes the racing out of the event. An example is the F1 track in Austin, TX. Circuit of the Americas. There isn't enough room on that track for 2 F1 cars to go thru a corner without one of the cars being pushed off the track. The passing zones are more than 90 degree corners. Anything else that tries to race on that track is a nightmare.

European drivers that come to Indycars and to IMSA sports car racing love the race tracks because there is speed and room to race. Those guys want to race. Watkins Glen, Road America, Laguna Seca. Those drivers LOVE Virginia Int. Raceway. For reference a fun video of me in 2013 with the start of what ended up a 3rd place finish.

Reactions: The Dude

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The main difference between the two series is that there are 8 to 12 drivers that can win a given Indycar races. If there are 2 in an F1 race, its a lot

It is feels that way on a few of the courses I’ve noticed…if you’re not 1-3, barring something that knocks you out of position or the race, it almost seems like the race is over early and it’s just to see if someone can hold on. Most of the courses however do allow for some racing and overtaking. Weather also makes it unpredictable like today..winner out of nowhere today.

I’ve enjoyed all the live onboard racing tech…they do a great job relating that stuff to the viewer.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It is feels that way on a few of the course I’ve noticed…if you’re not 1-3, barring something that knocks you out of position or the race, it almost seems like the race is over early and it’s just to see if someone can hold on. Most of the courses however do allow for some racing and overtaking. Weather also makes it unpredictable like today..winner out of nowhere today.

I enjoyed all the live onboard racing tech…they do a great job relating that stuff to the viewer.

They get better as graphics get better. I prefer full body car racing because its what I know. That said, the Indianapolis 500 is still the ultimate race.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Who knew me making a comment there is corporate hype in the Olympics would lead to a collage of women athletes that includes a kayaker?

Who mentioned sanctimonious rants? Yeah we have a couple on here who would give a Baptist Minister a run for their money.

And since we are mentioning obscure sports that we follow, I have been a die hard America’s Cup fan since ‘87. Go ahead, quiz me.
I started in 77. Was almost 8. Family spent a lot of time in RI, so Newport is a huge thing. Obv that meant something back then. Sadly, it doesn’t anymore.

alas ….

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I started in 77. Was almost 8. Family spent a lot of time in RI, so Newport is a huge thing. Obv that meant something back then. Sadly, it doesn’t anymore.

alas ….
NYYC is trying to win it back so it might mean something again but right now it’s a Cup defense to the highest bidder.

Sep 19, 2008
Kuzy busy at the Olympics

ZyIreGfl.png

Team SWOLEvechkin

Oct 4, 2019
Damn and I was trying to read scouting reports on the Nats new prospects

Have a friend who is a professional baseball writer and a lifelong Dodgers fan. His take:

Ruiz has high variance, could be an all-star, could stall out. Not a great defensive catcher but an above-average hitter.

Gray could be a 3/4 starter, four pitches all average or better. Might lack a strikeout pitch.

(Both big-league ready)

Carillo is small but a big arm, can toss 100mph. Probably a reliever.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
I thought his deal said he needed a contract extension to wave his NTC. I have seen nothing on a new contract for him

I think Boras said that initially but then walked it back. Probably realized Max's current contract made things complicated enough already, and demanding a new deal would make a trade next to impossible. From an entry on mlbtraderumors.com:

MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand reported earlier in the day that Scherzer preferred a West Coast club, though MLB Network’s Jon Heyman adds that the ostensible West Coast preference is more about Scherzer wanting to go to a team with a chance to win in 2021 and beyond. Scherzer prefers to go to “a team he could stay with” on a possible extension, per Heyman. Agent Scott Boras indicated as much earlier in the summer, although at the time Boras suggested an extension might be necessary in order for Scherzer to waive his no-trade protection at all. That no longer seems to be the case, but as evidenced by Scherzer’s unwillingness to go to a New York club, the no-trade rights can help him choose his eventual landing spot.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Just showed up in my inbox today:

SQ_0Lgg2xrhbxyLvEfgNSAXaMQFcoJoT1tHlBYKAfNt758IxhMZDhJzv0Obs8p_l5r030178L1uvixS2FSf-w-0iySvWkACcgXcaT4rV00gsZ8vb2uoUibTdGMnHp_nAvw0j7sPVx5AWUex9gws7hZOCKis6RLt9T5kMmGNb18pUkwSGqEk=s0-d-e1-ft

edit: just downloaded the update, looks like the heat map, putt break map, shot tracking "and more" are in-app add ons so those parts may not be free. Haven't checked.

edit2: yeah it's $40/yr for the upgrade...no thanks. But the course GPS and scorecard combo could be nice as a free feature to the app. If you have a GHIN# you should be able to download it.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sources: Wiz to get Dinwiddie in sign-and-trade

The deal, which will see Dinwiddie receive a three-year contract worth close to $60 million from the Wizards, will send two second-round picks -- the more favorable of the Memphis Grizzlies' and Washington's second-round picks in 2024, and of the Golden State Warriors' and Wizards' in 2025 -- to the Nets, who will also receive an $11.5 million trade exception as part of the deal.

Washington will also send forward Chandler Hutchison to the San Antonio Spurs, along with a 2022 second-round pick, sources told Wojnarowski, allowing the Wizards to remain out of the luxury tax for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad