OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The Nats should of traded him last year and they had a deal in place with HOU. They should of pulled the trigger. Would of been better than what actually happened. Letting him walk for nothing.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The distaste for Neil Greenberg is disturbing. Always been a big fan. I thought @hockeykicker was alone in his distrust of Greenberg (once called him "the worst", forget Mike Wise?) but apparently he is not too popular. Meh.

Unpleasant Wizards rumor: Buckhantz gone? https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...dcaster-steve-buckhantzs-future-is-uncertain/

Completely not surprised at Buckhantz probably not coming back. He seemed to have been slipping a bit anyways the past few years but being paired with Lawson made it more obvious though I do think the pairing are better this year than last.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I think losing Bryce Harper has been the littlest I've cared about losing a "big name" player in Washington history. I mean I cared more when they Cut RGIII then I did Bryce going to Philly. I think he's just never seemed like a guy that's "bought in" to the team or the city in any way shape or form. Even if 99% of that buy in is just good PR by the players, it at least means something that they try. I fully believe John Wall loves this town, I fully believe that Ovechkin loves this town, and I even fully believed that RGIII loved this town but I always just knew Bryce was just here because we drafted him. That he was a glorified merc.

Hell, at least it ain't the Yankees. I at least know he'll get boo'd his fair share in Philly.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

First of all all $100 mil wasn’t deferred until he was 65, the deferred payments ended when he was 65, $4 mil a year starting at age 40.

But regardless, if he actually had wanted to stay he could have instructed Boras to negotiate after the Nats offer came in. He didn’t, there were crickets coming from his side from day 1 and that never changed. He clearly didn’t care about staying, and I’m very thankful for that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

As an Always Sunny fan, that is hilarious.

Also don't blame him for turning down that much deferred money. Take the money NOW. Who knows what the real value will be later and you can't put money to work for you if you don't have it. It's basically an 40 year IOU from Nats ownership.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad