OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Only just now? What kept you?

CSB Alert:

My dad's HS basketball team was #2 in the country behind Kareem (then Lew Alcindor) & Power Memorial. I grew up a KAJ fan (even learned the sky hook) and when I was a kid I drew a picture of him and sent him a letter. I can't remember if he replied or if this was before or after his house burned down.

He's always been an civil rights activist and a great humanitarian, and he took a lot of shit for the wrong reasons.

And he was in Airplane. Soooo

Reactions: calicapsfan

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
CSB Alert:

My dad's HS basketball team was #2 in the country behind Kareem (then Lew Alcindor) & Power Memorial. I grew up a KAJ fan (even learned the sky hook) and when I was a kid I drew a picture of him and sent him a letter. I can't remember if he replied or if this was before or after his house burned down.

He's always been an civil rights activist and a great humanitarian, and he took a lot of **** for the wrong reasons.

And he was in Airplane. Soooo

Before the NCAA tournament, there was the National Invitation Tournament and it was the NIT that pretty much was the tournament up to the early to mid 60's. What made the NIT even better, the entire tournament was hosted at Madison Square Garden (the old Garden on 7th Avenue that I remember back in the '60s not the current one) and many of the teams that would play in the tournament were local teams (St. Johns, Manhattan, Fordahm, NYU) or within close proximity (Boston College, Villanova). St. Johns and Villanova had a great rivalry going with the likes Sonny Dove and Bill Melchioni. Remember Alcindor was being heavily recruited by St. Johns, but when he opted to go west to UCLA it basically threw the "city game" in to turmoil with a lot of other city kids opting not to go to the local schools and it also marked the beginning of the end of the NIT as "The Tournament".

Sep 19, 2008
Thankful for what bryce did in the past but now that he's a Philly he can screw off. The second he struggles he'll be hated on here like Kirk Cousins when he played like trash for Minnesota all year

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

It will be interesting to see how this contract plays out. As I said before, 13 years is a long time. Especially in the City of Brotherly Love.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
As a Mets fan, I never liked Harper. Too much of a hot dog! His now going to the Phillies has only compounded my dislike for him. Hoping Thor Thumps him with a 100+ heater.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
13 years is a crazy long contract for any player not named Alex Ovechkin. It's almost impossible to live up to that contract. It's ok though, I'm sure Philly fans will be understanding when Bryce goes into his first prolonged slump of the season.

It's also going to be funny to watch how this all plays out when the Phillies finish third in the NL East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad