World Cup: National Team threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I have a feeling there is more to this Rakitic story, I know Cro media is prone to click bait stuff but it wouldn’t shock me if Rakitic retires from the NT which was rumored anyway after the WC. SN had a story of how Rakitic doesn’t feel appreciated in Cro

Edit: Now there are stories saying Rakitic will continue playing for the NT

It's clickbait.

Dude is just spent. You could see it in the last few Barca games, he needs a proper rest, physically and emotionally.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ivan has been pretty awful this year. Combine that with the comments that everyone seems to have ignored I'd cash in on him asap.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Anyone wanting to create a Copa America thread its in just under 2 weeks. Palacios' replacement is you guessed it Pizzaro a guy who wasn't even included in the original squad. Argentina as usual coming into a tournament with no identity, no plan, no preparation and no coach. GL.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nope. Likely not. He has quite a few strikers above him.
Keep in mind this is a team that doesn't need to select Benzema, one of the very best strikers in the world.
Keep in mind Lacazette isn't getting any selection lately.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Since the start of the 2013 calendar year Cristiano Ronaldo has played in 42 internationals for Portugal and scored 51 goals.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Believe it or not, qualifying for the 2022 World Cup started today and already the first teams eliminated will be next week. Of course none of these teams will realistically qualify as they are the 12 lowest ranked AFC teams, all outside the top 150

The rest of the draws will take place in July with the exception of UEFA it appears

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Venezuela with a pretty convincing 3-0 away win at the USA.

Brazil hammered Honduras 7-0 at home, while Colombia traveled to Peru and picked up a 3-0 win.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Nope. Likely not. He has quite a few strikers above him.
Keep in mind this is a team that doesn't need to select Benzema, one of the very best strikers in the world.
Keep in mind Lacazette isn't getting any selection lately.

I mean, noone can say a thing to DD as he's got them to a WC title, but Benzema could really enable Griez and Mbappe even better than Giroud IMO.
It'd be scary.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The comments that s
What's this? Raktitic is racist? o_O

A -He wasn't playing.
B - I can't wait to hear how racist Rakitic is. Dude's like the nicest guy out there
the comments the surfaced a month ago. In which he not only outs himself as a racist but also homophobic.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
The comments that s

the comments the surfaced a month ago. In which he not only outs himself as a racist but also homophobic.

The comments that "surfaced" are from about 7 years ago, ,doesn't translate to what the headlines were, and even so, he put out a statement regarding the whole thing a few days later.

You will have to travel far to find a kinder, more level-headed and more-well meaning athlete than Rakitic.
One clumsy mistranslated and misinterpreted statement and the HF boys label the dude a racist.
(although what racism has to do with any sort of sexuality, I don't know)

EDIT: Although I see old Evilo now says Rakitic said he doesn't like playing with black people.
Which wasn't even in that poorly translated, misinterpreted interview.

But F it, if you're dumping on the guy, why not just make things up as you go along.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rakitic: “I respect Gays but I don’t want these people in the dressing room. I respect them as much as I respect dwarves, blacks or obese people, but I prefer not to have any in my life”

f*** it, why not make things up INDEED?

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad