World Cup: National Team threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Interested to see if Santos has the balls to pick Portugal best team right now and leave the usual personal favourites off.

Felix/Jota has to start up front with Ronaldo. Bruno Fernandes-Bernardo Silva to orchestrate midfield with Neves/William in midfield and Cancelo/Gurreiro fullbacks with Pepe/Ferro/Dias CB.

What a team.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dybala/RDP/Mori (lol) are in and Icardi is out. That's the latest, expect a full team by tomorrow. Which begs the question why the f*** have a preliminary team in the first place. Scaloni and the AFA are a walking parody.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
With Lloris, and Sissoko unavailable, DD called up Lenglet, Maignan, Dubois, Ben Yedder and Co.
No Laporte. No Fekir. No Lacazette. No Martial.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Agreed but Thauvin makes a lot more sense than Martial who had about 2 good months in December/January and not much else for United. I just find it weird that you mention him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well given Thauvin's awful season, and Martial being more talented, you'd think he could get in front of him. Fekir is injured right now, but should also be called up before him.
And Lacazette seriously, that's just incredible. Same for Laporte.

Reactions: gary69

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm confused. Thauvin had 17 goals and 10 assists between Europa and L1. That doesn't seem awful though I didn't watch much that I remember.

Reactions: Gecklund

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Well given Thauvin's awful season, and Martial being more talented, you'd think he could get in front of him. Fekir is injured right now, but should also be called up before him.
And Lacazette seriously, that's just incredible. Same for Laporte.
What are these call ups for? Maybe laporte needs a break? Tough to imagine why a top cb at a top 5 club in the world right now would get a call up.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Warms my heart to see Laporte called that. Vindicated.:)

It’s for friendlies btw

Btw btw Argentina named their 23 players, who won’t win the copa.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I have absolutely no idea what the starting lineup's going to look like :huh: so much mediocrity

g2rQnRN.jpg

Matias Suarez o_O really?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Armani
Saravia-Otamendi-Pezzella-Tag
Paredes(lol)-Palacios
Lo celso-Messi-ADM(lol)/RDP
Kun

Who should be there is an actual DM not the fraud Paredes who’s basically banega but worse at everything. Romero and Correa both should be included.

Other than that not too much complaints given the obvious ones. Like wholani shouldn’t be coaching. Di Marie/ mori should be banished with icardi. Dybala should be a striker.

Scolani will probably f*** this up even further by not playing this lineup and going with a 442 or 433

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What are these call ups for? Maybe laporte needs a break? Tough to imagine why a top cb at a top 5 club in the world right now would get a call up.
France's CB depth is amazing and Laporte wouldn't start. But he should still be among the backups.
DD just doesn't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad