Value of: Nathan MacKinnon

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
More than philly has won. Haha at col and philly fans perking up. You guys suck as bad as we hav

Wrong.

So much wrong here. Fan bases get emotionally attached. Im attached to matthews as your fan bases is mcd. As col is mck.

Having said that matthews is by far and away the most dominate player 5on5 in the nhl ainec. Macd is great at making players better ( even with sad help me im stuck in edmonfon eyes) and Mack is showing he was meant to be a num 1 pick.

Still even with contract mack is no matthews or macd who are on the same tier. I think macd is better than eichael, thats the player who col should be ainec ing.

The main boards are funny, total bizzaro world
Matthews is far and away the best 5 on 5 player in the league? BOI, please check Mcdavids stats from last season.

Spoiler: Mcdavid is a f***ing god AINEC

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
More than philly has won. Haha at col and philly fans perking up. You guys suck as bad as we hav

Wrong.

So much wrong here. Fan bases get emotionally attached. Im attached to matthews as your fan bases is mcd. As col is mck.

Having said that matthews is by far and away the most dominate player 5on5 in the nhl ainec. Macd is great at making players better ( even with sad help me im stuck in edmonfon eyes) and Mack is showing he was meant to be a num 1 pick.

Still even with contract mack is no matthews or macd who are on the same tier. I think macd is better than eichael, thats the player who col should be ainec ing.

Mcdavid EV points last year = 84
Matthew career high total points = 69 (played at a 83 pt pace last year, still less)

bizzaro world i tell ya

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Wrong.

Never said he was . I said he is a better bang for your buck when compared to McDavid . i also said he had to repeat this season first .

Now you call Oiler fans out on being attached to their players yet I am an Oiler fan who can see the value in a 95 point 1 C making 6.3 million over a 1c making 12.5 . You were the one who said you would not trade Matthews if he was making 20 million for MacKinnon . So tell me who overrating their players and is emotionally attached because i can assure you if MacK continues to produce at 95 points any GM or owner would trade Matthews for him if Matthews was making 20 million . You realize that is more the 3 time MacK salary

Reactions: MacBradley

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Never said he was . I said he is a better bang for your buck when compared to McDavid . i also said he had to repeat this season first .

Now you call Oiler fans out on being attached to their players yet I am an Oiler fan who can see the value in a 95 point 1 C making 6.3 million over a 1c making 12.5 . You were the one who said you would not trade Matthews if he was making 20 million for MacKinnon . So tell me who overrating their players and is emotionally attached because i can assure you if MacK continues to produce at 95 points any GM or owner would trade Matthews for him if Matthews was making 20 million . You realize that is more the 3 time MacK salary

I stick by my guys. I dont kiss the ass of other fan bases.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
One was playing on a team that was actually good, had a very good pp, had dmen that could get the puck out to him, had 2 very good linemates. All things Mcdavid was lacking. Mcdavid is on another level AINEC.

lol. The Avs without Mack are not a good team. They just had one of the worst seasons ever without turning over any or much of their roster. only difference was Mack being a superhero player.

looking at the PPs...The avs and the Oilers have similar talent on them. Maybe Mcdavid should be better 5v4.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
*You are an extreme homer and think your guys are better then everyone else's

So. So do you, so does everyone else. I admit it and wear it lime a badge is the difference. Enjoy macdavid ( hes so sad he stuck there) while you can

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
lol. The Avs without Mack are not a good team. They just had one of the worst seasons ever without turning over any or much of their roster. only difference was Mack being a superhero player.

looking at the PPs...The avs and the Oilers have similar talent on them. Maybe Mcdavid should be better 5v4.
I actually agree, like Hall he needs to learn to slow it down on the pp unlike 5on5 when he can just skate around anyone. We also didnt have a guy with a good point shot this year and no one in the trigger spot on the left wall cause Letestu lost the pp sniper status he had in 16-17. (Why Pulju wasnt put there is beyond me)

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Fun fact, Matthews has never scored more than 70 points in his career. You'd think he's a constant 100 points scorer from the way Leafs fan talk about him.
MacKinnon isn't a constant 100 point scorer either. In fact, both of Matthews' seasons are better than any other season MacKinnon had until this one

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

I know the argument you’re trying to make.

But I just need to challenge the “without turning over any or much of their roster”

That’s quite literally the opposite of what they did.

Duchene
Iginla
Beauchemin
Colborne
Martinsen
Grigorenko
R. Bourque
Tyutin
Weircioch
Mitchell
Others...

From that list, they all played a minimum of 55 games. Only 2 of those guys are in the nhl.
The Avs turned over a ridiculous amount of their roster actually.

Again though, not getting into your argument with the other poster. Just needed to correct a part of it.

member 116861

Que?

member 116861

MacKinnon is good. Matthews is good. McDavid is f***ing amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad