Value of: Nathan MacKinnon

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
McDavid is so overrated. I am not saying that he is not a good player, because he is. There are a handful of other players in the NHL that are just as good as him if not better.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but out of curiosity, who to you are the handful of players that are as good as McDavid?

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Variety of opinions is ok. Absolutely baseless and just flat out bad opinions, like the one you quoted, arent.
Oh no... an opinion that is different enough to mine that accepting it might require me to question how much arbitrary pride I put into deciding my own opinions are factual instead of just my opinion? Whatever am I going to do?!

Maybe just let people have their opinions and agree to disagree? He's not hurting anyone, even, if you're really so desperate to declare it as baseless. Oh, and I don't share the opinion he stated, before you go there

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
****, there’s a solid five dozen such people on here. It makes me throw up in my mouth a little. I’m a dedicated Leafs fan, and I still occasionally find myself hoping for our team/players to fail after reading the outrageous bull**** these guys spew. I pray that we will win the cup next season, but know that this site will literally die if we do.

It's a real shame. There's a decent few Leafs fans on here that are quality posters the majority of the time. But they honestly seem to be harder and harder to find the last couple of years.

And I genuinely like a lot of the players on the Leafs but its hard to hope for success for them a lot of the times knowing the after-effect of it all.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I dont care if it costs 20 mil matthews is untouchable. There is no package id trade him for. I wouldnt even do macd. I think edmonton is ruining his soul. 6foot 3 generational center ( guys his size dont shoot the way he does, generational suck it hf) mack had a great year, is on a great contract and im happy colorods 1 pick worked out for them.i get why they wont move him, i wouldnt either but matthews is a tier above when all is said and done.

Well that's certainly a bad opinion if there ever was one.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh no... an opinion that is different enough to mine that accepting it might require me to question how much arbitrary pride I put into deciding my own opinions are factual instead of just my opinion? Whatever am I going to do?!

Maybe just let people have their opinions and agree to disagree? He's not hurting anyone, even, if you're really so desperate to declare it as baseless. Oh, and I don't share the opinion he stated, before you go there

I dont need my pride to know that the opinion of there are 'a handful of players as good as mcdavid' is just stupid. This is the NHL equivalent of saying the world is flat. It may actually be worse.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I dont need my pride to know that the opinion of there are 'a handful of players as good as mcdavid' is just stupid. This is the NHL equivalent of saying the world is flat. It may actually be worse.
My point is well proven, then. Thanks.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
My point is well proven, then. Thanks.

Making outrageous claims leads to a deterioration in the conversation. It also helps drive the "lol leafs fans " (or whatever teams making the claim, honestly,just happens to be leafs in this case) stereotypes that exist, and contribute to further derailment of future conversations. Having outrageous opinions and trying to pass them off as factual, without proiding any evidence that would even support the claim, is detrimental to hfboards. By all means, have an outrageous opinion. Just be able to support it in some way, instead of just making random trolling attempts, such as the original quote in question.

Take your point and shove it, my friend.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Making outrageous claims leads to a deterioration in the conversation.
It sure does. Like literally saying that believing other players could be as good as McDavid is equivalent to saying that the world is flat.

*Nudge Nudge, Hint hint*

Having outrageous opinions and trying to pass them off as factual
I will note that this is like the biggest proof ever of what I was saying. Sort of just hilarious, even. To claim anyone... except maybe you given your approach here... is trying to pass their opinions as fact... It fills in any holes of doubt on my description from before. It tells everything about how you're choosing to perceive these comments and it matches so perfectly. Thanks again.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I alway liked MacKinnon . See my post arguing MacKinnon was better then Draisaitl before this season started .

Now if you get into the value part it changes things . Value isn't always based on production alone . McKinnon is signed to 1/2 the price McDavid is , making him a better bang for you dollar . Would i trade McDavid for him ? No , not yet but if he has another season like he just has while McDavid stays around 110 points then yeah I consider it . McDavid may have the edge in skill and speed but not that much to justify double the money . MacKinnon is being paid Lucic rate . Let that sink in .

As for Leaf fans . You got them saying he more valuable then McDavid and then saying they wouldn't trade Matthews for him even if Matthews was paid 20 million LOL . Matthews will be lucky if he has 1 season in his career as good as MacKinnon just had . 90+ points isn't an easy thing to do in todays NHL . TML would have to add to Matthews for the AVS to make a traded if Matthews is paid 10 million a year

Last edited:

AdvelPill

May 8, 2016
I alway liked MacKinnon . See my post arguing MacKinnon was better then Draisaitl before this season started .

Now if you get into the value part it changes things . Value isn't always based on production alone . McKinnon is signed to 1/2 the price McDavid is , making him a better bang for you dollar . Would i trade McDavid for him ? No , not yet but if he has another season like he just has while McDavid stays around 110 points then yeah I consider it . McDavid may have the edge in skill and speed but not that much to justify double the money . MacKinnon is being paid Lucic rate . Let that sink in .

As for Leaf fans . You got them saying he more valuable then McDavid and then saying they wouldn't trade Matthews for him even if Matthews was paid 20 million LOL . Matthews will be lucky if he has 1 season in his career as good as MacKinnon just had . 90+ points isn't an easy thing to do in todays NHL . TML would have to add to Matthews for the AVS to make a traded if Matthews is paid 10 million a year

You're equating one fan to an entire fan base. This post is just as bad as that one.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
winning what? lol

First an actual franchise player, not wasting a pick on strome ( seriously ever could see marner and hanifan were better lol) and then actual gettingto the playoffs. We also won jt. So...yeah...suck it

Lmao at philly and col fans perking up at my winning comment. You guys suck too

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
The tavares lottery doesnt count and that appears to be the only thing you won recently.

More than philly has won. Haha at col and philly fans perking up. You guys suck as bad as we hav
The tavares lottery doesnt count and that appears to be the only thing you won recently.

winning what? lol

Wrong.

So much wrong here. Fan bases get emotionally attached. Im attached to matthews as your fan bases is mcd. As col is mck.

Having said that matthews is by far and away the most dominate player 5on5 in the nhl ainec. Macd is great at making players better ( even with sad help me im stuck in edmonfon eyes) and Mack is showing he was meant to be a num 1 pick.

Still even with contract mack is no matthews or macd who are on the same tier. I think macd is better than eichael, thats the player who col should be ainec ing.

The main boards are funny, total bizzaro world

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
More than philly has won. Haha at col and philly fans perking up. You guys suck as bad as we hav

Wrong.

So much wrong here. Fan bases get emotionally attached. Im attached to matthews as your fan bases is mcd. As col is mck.

Having said that matthews is by far and away the most dominate player 5on5 in the nhl ainec. Macd is great at making players better ( even with sad help me im stuck in edmonfon eyes) and Mack is showing he was meant to be a num 1 pick.

Still even with contract mack is no matthews or macd who are on the same tier. I think macd is better than eichael, thats the player who col should be ainec ing.

Boy that is certainly an accurate statement.

Reactions: tucker3434

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

Wrong.

I think you mixed Mack and Matthews name buddy. Matthews is nowhere near Mcdavid in term of tier Mcdavid is in his own tier IMO until Mack/Matthews can top 90-100+ consistently maybe then I will consider putting them in Mcdavid's tier. Do I believe that Matthews can top something around 90pts? Yes I think he can but to say that he is in Mcdavid's tier it's premature. And please some fans will attack you that is HFboards mate, before calling teams that suck be sure that your team has actually won something before pretty sure last time your team won the stanley cup you weren't born yet. Future is bright with TML enjoy that !

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

Wrong.

I remember my first beer.

Reactions: missionAvs

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
McDavid and Mack just had equal seasons PPG wise.

One makes half as much.

Anyone saying McDavid is clearly better than Mack is lying

Based off last season they were equal. Assuming Mack keeps it up....he is more valuable because of that great contract.

6 mil for a 100 point player is the best value in the league
One was playing on a team that was actually good, had a very good pp, had dmen that could get the puck out to him, had 2 very good linemates. All things Mcdavid was lacking. Mcdavid is on another level AINEC.

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
First an actual franchise player, not wasting a pick on strome ( seriously ever could see marner and hanifan were better lol) and then actual gettingto the playoffs. We also won jt. So...yeah...suck it

Lmao at philly and col fans perking up at my winning comment. You guys suck too

Gotta love leaf fans. Haven't won squat for 50+ years when there were 6 teams in the league. Haven't even made the cup finals since then. Talking trash because they signed a big name free agent.

Stay classy!

Boyesfan

Feb 4, 2008
So this is a joke but it would be funny to see Duchene and Mark Stone for Mack. Just to see Duchene go back would be funny.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Wrong.

Philly made it as far as toronto did in the playoffs this year, soo....?

Also, we arent the ones bragging about how "little" we've sucked. You are. Not once did i say Philly was a great team. Just that maybe you should turn it down a notch and do something before you start acting all high and mighty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad