Value of: Nathan MacKinnon

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
The avs arent moving him and for good reason. Imo he was the 2nd best player behind Mcdavid last year and his contract is insanely good for how he played last year. If he keeps playing this year like he did last season then we will be having a serious conversation about him being a top5 player in the world.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
There is 0 chance he is moved. You move heave and earth to acquire a player like Mackinnon, not to trade him off

Reactions: MacBradley

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
kadri, marner and nylander too LOL?

matthews
mackinnon
tavares

down the middle does sound nice

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
They're not trading him after the season he just had. If you wanted to over pay last year, maybe you had a shot. If you want to overpay after this season, assuming he doesn't come close to reproducing last years play, then maybe you have a shot. No point in trying to find what teams would trade for him right now because it's not happening.

Reactions: MacBradley

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
There are players that wouldn't get moved for anything. Nate is at the top of this list. If you want him then you could go out and grab and EA game and try and trade for him.

Lol the computer GMs in NHL 18 are so stupid. They sign scrub players to ridiculous contracts and then can't afford players like MacKinnon and Barkov and they become UFA's.

Same thing happened with Karlsson. The Sens signed Moore and de Hann and then couldn't afford EK. One season in and my franchise mode was ruined.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Lol the computer GMs in NHL 18 are so stupid. They sign scrub players to ridiculous contracts and then can't afford players like MacKinnon and Barkov and they become UFA's.

Same thing happened with Karlsson. The Sens signed Moore and de Hann and then couldn't afford EK. One season in and my franchise mode was ruined.
Maybe they knew karlsson didn't wanna play for them anymore ;)

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
Drai + Klef + Bouchard + Yamamoto? Not that I would do it from an Oilers POV but would it be enough? Huge price but just as us Oilers fans would hate any Mcdavid trade, I don’t see why Mackinnon would be even remotely available. He basically is their team.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Leafs: Matthews & Rielly

Kings: Muzzin & Kopitar

Blues: Pietrangelo, & Tarasenko

Pens: Guentzel, Sprong, & signed Kessel ( Although may not work due to no centre going back).

Oilers: McDavid

Preds: Subban & Forsberg

Caps: Kuzy & Orlov at minimum.

Dallas: Seguin& Nichushkin at minimum.

I'm guessing on what Sakic would ask back. Some aren't centers.

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg

Pens: Guentzel, Sprong, & signed Kessel ( Although may not work due to no centre going back).

This post is inconsistent. Mcdavid >>> Seguin + Nichuskin and Kessel + Guentzel + Sprong and many other of the packages

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

One of these packages is not like the others.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He isn’t worth McDavid, that’s insane.

But his value is sky high rn, we will see if that holds up after this season
His value is close to McDavid's due to the contractual differences. If Nathan MacKinnon can consistently stay a ~90-95 point centre, and that's a big "IF" because he only has one season of 70+ points during his five year career, then one has to wonder what a GM would prefer: MacKinnon at 6.3M long term, or McDavid at 12.5M long term getting you ~110 points.

Is the, let's say, 20 point gap really worth the 6.2M difference in cap hits?

Note, I'm not saying McDavid doesn't deserve his money. He does. Just that MacKinnon has such a team friendly contract and really should be making a lot more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->