Nathan MacKinnon and Cale Makar Vs Jack Eichel and Rasmus Dahlin going forward?

Which tandem do you choose for the future?

• Total voters

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I await the seasons start and Makar’s historic season to match Dahlins...ohwait
Well that is no reason to compare him to freaking Del Zotto. :laugh: Dahlin is clearly the superior player here but the way you're trying to compare them you would think that Makar is just some AHLer compared to Mcjesus.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Well that is no reason to compare him to freaking Del Zotto. :laugh: Dahlin is clearly the superior player here but the way you're trying to compare them you would think that Makar is just some AHLer compared to Mcjesus.
Compared to Dahlin he may as well be an AHLer

Makar will have two worse years after starting later whereas Eichel has had a better three year start than MacKinnon

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

Makar will have two worse years after starting later whereas Eichel has had a better three year start than MacKinnon
I guess that's what people told Kucherov when he had a disappointing first season compared to Mackinnon when Kuch was two years older. He may as well be an AHLer and won't have a chance of being as good as Mackinnon. That's the thing called : Development isn't linear. Somehow because Makar played in a weaker league while Dahlin was getting a "historical season" doesn't mean that he has no chance to get at least close to Dahlin's level.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

You're still going? :laugh:

Try re-reading my posts right after you scolded me for not reading your posts; maybe then you'll see why your misdirected hissy fit is so funny.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS

Lawl God,to bad we dropped in '17 draft.... Would love an alternate universe where you guys had Makar I don't want a Del Zotto I want a 50-55 Pt C

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I think my favourite HF argument is when people used stats from seasons where a player is clearly not the same player.

Like Mackinnons 51 point season.

Like who gives a flying F what he did then when that’s no longer who he is now?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I see the irony in people using Cale Makar’s young age and VERY SMALL sample size as a reason to claim he is closer to Dahlin than Eichel is to MacKinnon - you know the guy Jack Eichel who has actually proven himself scoring at a career .90+ ppg pace and started off his career much better than Nathan did.

But sure, Makar’s playoff games and all that jazz

BOOM.

Awesome post.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This poll proves Cale Makar may be one of the most overrated players in the league - and he hasnt even played a regular season game
Or he could have a 50 point rookie season and outperform Dahlin's rookie year, you'll never know, but if Makar does that, people would still look for excuses by saying Makar played on a better team and whatnot

Reactions: Spilot23

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Or he could have a 50 point rookie season and outperform Dahlin's rookie year, you'll never know, but if Makar does that, people would still look for excuses by saying Makar played on a better team and whatnot

How would future events change present circumstances?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Even if he did that, it would be in his D+3 year so it would still be less impressive than D+1

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
How would future events change present circumstances?
giphy.gif

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Do people realize only one year separates Mackinnon and Eichel?

Why are people comparing their early years so much. Mackinnon played his first full season at 18 while Eichel did it at 19. Wouldn’t it make more sense to compare their recent years as its relative to today’s NHL. What do 18 and 19 year old seasons have to do with these two as they approach their mid 20’s?

Nathan Mackinnon is one year older than Jack Eichel. If everybody is so certain that Eichel is going to continue to get better, why can’t Mackinnon?

Eichel had 82 points in 77 games last year as a 22 year old. Mackinnon scored 97 points in 74 games at that age.
Mackinnon also reached the 97 points in a year where scoring wasn't quite as high as it was last year. He has also been the playoffs twice in his career, and even won a round.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I'm not going to say Mackinnon is criminally underrated in this thread because everyone has seen Mackinnon play and the highlight reel goals and the numbers. Mackinnon played a different game to me last season, he was significantly better defensively than he had ever been, the drive to compete on both ends of the ice was finally there and looking forward it's something that I think keeps him a step ahead of Eichel for his career when you combine all of his tools. Mackinnon with a 2nd line behind him and some of the pressure off is going to be a different beast.

I will agree that Dahlin is beyond elite, but Mackinnon and Makar are proven big game performers and I'll take that duo at the end of the day.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Apparently games played is the new barometer if a guy is good or not.

It’s as asinine as having 15+ more 5v5 points than Nico Hischier to be considered a top 20 center.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
It’s obviously jack and dahlin.

Jack is not far off Mack if anything just as good/better. Dahlin blows Makar out of the water. Easy decision.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think my favourite HF argument is when people used stats from seasons where a player is clearly not the same player.

Like Mackinnons 51 point season.

Like who gives a flying F what he did then when that’s no longer who he is now?
Because you either have to start and end your NHL career with PPG+ or bust. So the only true star players in this league are Crosby, Ovechkin and McDavid

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Yeah Dahlin just had arguably the greatest rookie season all time for a defenseman. At 18. Let’s pump the Makar breaks a little bit.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Makar's got a lot to prove for him to rival Dahlin. MacKinnon gets to play with Rantanen. I think this is Sabres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad