Nathan MacKinnon and Cale Makar Vs Jack Eichel and Rasmus Dahlin going forward?

Which tandem do you choose for the future?

• Total voters

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Nathan MacKinnon tips the scale in this one.
Jack Eichel is a good hockey player but MacKinnon is one of the best players in the NHL.
Makar & Dahlin are pretty close, Dahlin obviously better, but not enough to change the result

Nathan MacKinnon & Cale Makar for me.
So MacKinnon is way ahead of Eichel but somehow Makar is close to Dahlin

Literally makes no sense

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
"paced for just 12 fewer points" is an interesting phrase...

Sure, if someone was trying to argue that two players were on the same level now, but not when someone is arguing against the idea that the two players can never be on the same level. It's a decent gap, but it's not huge nor insurmountable.

And again, I'm not arguing he will close the gap, and I'm not even a big fan really. I just think it's a little ridiculous to assume he won't given his talent level and what he's shown so far.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think Makar is being underrated and to some extent maybe Mackinnon too because I think the gap between the C’s is every bit as wide.

Give me the Avs duo
100 p agree. I see a bigger difference in Mackinnon Eichel than most. Makar also underated.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Swap every instance of MacKinnon with Dahlin, and Makar with Eichel.

Dahlin might have to wait a year to fit that criteria but he'll get there.

He just scored the second most points for an 18 year old defenseman ever, so there is that. Did it on the Sabres too.

He is going to turn even more heads this season with an improving team and hopefully a better coach. Eichel should do better as well.

While I do have the Aves as one of the best up and coming teams along with the Sabres, I think Buffalo will be a touch better. Definitely wouldn't say Colorado will have way more success.
Don’t know how many times I’ve heard that from the ROR trade to BUF, the Okposo signing or even the ROR trade to STL (addition by subtraction they said) same goes with every single time the current coach gets canned.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
"paced for just 12 fewer points" is an interesting phrase...

Pace matters when you play 77 games, considering his consistency the last three years (201 in 203) it’s almost a certain he would of had those 89-90 pts and that’s just nine less points. Nine less is peanuts when you compare being on the best line in the league to playing on a team where no one else got even more then 63 points. Eichel would
Of even had that (again) on his own one Buffalo alone on just SOME of the plays his incompetent teammates pass up on. Let alone playing with players who play PPG.

As it stands missing almost a month he had 17 less points, with the best line in the league. That’s such an other level man!

Almost like when Eichel outscored Mackinnon playing two months less the other season! Just other level stuff.

If you don’t think being on a line matters then whAts Mackinnon s excuse for producing pathetic numbers when he was in eichels situation? Being on the worst offensive team he produced fifty three points in a full season. Eichels never gotten that low even in the same spot in seasons be only played 70 percent of the time.

Keep going on though, I take solace knowing the talent where all others do is “speculate” because not one person who had ever criticized Eichel had ever watched him play,

I find it funny that is alwAys the case. Had they of done that there would
Be absolutely no shade being thrown.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
100 p agree. I see a bigger difference in Mackinnon Eichel than most. Makar also underated.

Hahaha, of course you do BERT, those two buffalo games you watch a year must tell you a huge story on jack Eichel. I can only imagine if you’d even watched him in that much given this statement. The only reason Mackinnon put up more points is where he plays. That is literally the only reason. Eichel is just as dominant, even fastest (proved every skills competition and by having better transition numbers then mcdavid) how many times does it have to be said being the only guy in the top 25 without a player to have more then 63 hours pts. It’s like people have no comprehension how points are earned in this league.

Hearing comments like Eichel will never be as good as Mackinnon is now. Interesting since Eichel was better at his age, and barely off his numbers when the situational differences are that of thirty points between linemates. Yet there was only 17 pts seperating then (and again 9 if Eichel didn’t miss three weeks), but if those 17 are going to be looked as ONLY or other level I question how often people even watch hockey. You can get points on that line by being on the ice.

Ive watched games from Eichel this year alone where he was fat and away the best player on the ice and had near the shots a game and dominated and came away with 0 points, That would never happen on that Colorado line.

Watching Eichel in buffalo at times is like watching kids in PE playing floor hockey when the kid who plays ice hockey gets stuck with the rejects and all the other athletic people are on the other team.

Last edited:

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Not saying that Makar will produce more than Dahlin but he will have every opportunity to be able to do so since he will basically take Barrie's PP ice time. Defensively is where I don't know how Makar will look in a full season. As for Mackinnon and Eichel I guess we will have to wait for Eichel to get a decent team or a Rantanen to be able to compare them :dunno:

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Hahaha, of course you do BERT, those two buffalo games you watch a year must tell you a huge story on jack Eichel. I can only imagine if you’d even watched him in that much given this statement. The only reason Mackinnon put up more points is where he plays. That is literally the only reason. Eichel is just as dominant, even fastest (proved every skills competition and by having better transition numbers then mcdavid) how many times does it have to be said being the only guy in the top 25 without a player to have more then 63 hours pts. It’s like people have no comprehension how points are earned in this league.

Hearing comments like Eichel will never be as good as Mackinnon is now. Interesting since Eichel was better at his age, and barely off his numbers when the situational differences are that of thirty points between linemates. Yet there was only 17 pts seperating then (and again 9 if Eichel didn’t miss three weeks), but if those 17 are going to be looked as ONLY or other level I question how often people even watch hockey. You can get points on that line by being on the ice.

Ive watched games from Eichel this year alone where he was fat and away the best player on the ice and had near the shots a game and dominated and came away with 0 points, That would never happen on that Colorado line.

Watching Eichel in buffalo at times is like watching kids in PE playing floor hockey when the kid who plays ice hockey gets stuck with the rejects and all the other athletic people are on the other team.
I think Mac will always stay ahead, I don't like the deal with Eichel being "faster" who cares this is where the debate of top speed vs top acceleration is. Hockey is not a speed skating Mac can burst to top speed on a dime hardly two strides which in hockey is great since there opposing players all over the ice his acceleration+top end speed allows him to separate and blow by people like no other. Also you should unplug your self I fear your fingers are soon down to the bone with all the long posts you make, Hopefully most is copy and pasted with a little editing in each. As pretty ,much every post states the same thing pretty much.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Imagine trying to argue a kid with zero regular season games is anywhere close to a 1st overall with a historic rookie year.... but somehow Eichel is miles away from MacKinnon

Colorado is slowly becoming overrated to shit

Reactions: Sansbacon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Imagine trying to argue a kid with zero regular season games is anywhere close to a 1st overall with a historic rookie year.... but somehow Eichel is miles away from MacKinnon

Colorado is slowly becoming overrated to ****

What a silly point. Dahlin is clearly a step up from Cale, but not because of the # of regular season games he played last season lol

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
What a silly point. Dahlin is clearly a step up from Cale, but not because of the # of regular season games he played last season lol
You must have stopped reading at those words because it made perfect sense.

But go ahead, try and compare a kid with NO REGULAR SEASON GAMES to one who just had a HISTORIC REGULAR SEASON a year younger.

Really not that difficult to understand

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You must have stopped reading at those words because it made perfect sense.

But go ahead, try and compare a kid with NO REGULAR SEASON GAMES to one who just had a HISTORIC REGULAR SEASON a year younger.

Really not that difficult to understand

Nope, I read your opus to its conclusion. It's still a really weak argument. Dahlin is blatantly the superior talent, but the # of regular season games is just such an irrelevant point in that discussion that utilizing it just makes homers more entrenched in their belief that Makar isn't getting a fair shake. So it's not just a bad argument, it's a counter-productive one.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Nope, I read your opus to its conclusion. It's still a really weak argument. Dahlin is blatantly the superior talent, but the # of regular season games is just such an irrelevant point in that discussion that utilizing it just makes homers more entrenched in their belief that Makar isn't getting a fair shake. So it's not just a bad argument, it's a counter-productive one.
Quinn Hughes has more credibility as a player right now than Cale Makar

Playoff games where youre being carried the entire way mean nothing - what happened to Cheis Kreider then?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Quinn Hughes has more credibility as a player right now than Cale Makar

Playoff games where youre being carried the entire way mean nothing - what happened to Cheis Kreider then?

You don't even see the irony of posting this right after having just scolded me for not reading your post, do you? :laugh:

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
You don't even see the irony of posting this right after having just scolded me for not reading your post, do you? :laugh:
I see the irony in people using Cale Makar’s young age and VERY SMALL sample size as a reason to claim he is closer to Dahlin than Eichel is to MacKinnon - you know the guy Jack Eichel who has actually proven himself scoring at a career .90+ ppg pace and started off his career much better than Nathan did.

But sure, Makar’s playoff games and all that jazz

Reactions: Dr Salt

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
I love Mac as a player and believe He is currently better than Eichel.

Makar does not even deserve to hold Dahlins water bottle. Don’t even know why this is being discussed. A

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I see the irony in people using Cale Makar’s young age and VERY SMALL sample size as a reason to claim he is closer to Dahlin than Eichel is to MacKinnon - you know the guy Jack Eichel who has actually proven himself scoring at a career .90+ ppg pace and started off his career much better than Nathan did.

But sure, Makar’s playoff games and all that jazz

...so that's a no then :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad