Nathan MacKinnon and Cale Makar Vs Jack Eichel and Rasmus Dahlin going forward?

Which tandem do you choose for the future?

• Total voters

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Until Makar plays 30-40 games and shows what he can do I can't decide. Mack is ahead of Jack but it's not crazy far apart. Mack does have much better support as well.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Breaking News: Player development is not linear

Sure, but it's not like MacKinnon came in lacking the physical tools or was a late bloomer prospect. They're both high picks with similar situations to start their careers, including terrible teams for part of it. Eichel might not get there, but his physical tools are there to be a similar player and he was only 17 points back in 5 fewer games last year. Seems odd to project Makar's raw abilities so highly as opposed to Eichel's when Makar's shown less compared to Dahlin than Eichel has compared to Mack

Reactions: izzy and Mitts888

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Smart money's on Eichel and Dahlin. Eichel rubs me the wrong way but is still a PPG+ player with another gear that may come through maturing. Dahlin is both younger and more proven than Makar. That being said, I wouldn't bet against Makar ending up closer to Dahlin than Eich will be to Mack - I think both these guys will end up with a Norris when all's said and done.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Has to be the Buffalo duo because of Dahlin.

While McKinnon is better than Eichel, the difference isn't massive although it is noticeable.

Dahlin is miles ahead of Makar. Not a tough choice at all.

Reactions: bh53

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

While McKinnon is better than Eichel, the difference isn't massive although it is noticeable.

Lol.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Makar is being criminally underrated in this thread but it’s still Eichel + Dahlin for me moving forward

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The one with Dahlin is the safe bet, but I won't be surprised if Makar & MacK are both better than Eichel when all is said & done.

Reactions: obZen

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Dahlin is just so good. But I do think there's a sizable gap between MacKinnon and Eichel and will be for the future. Mack is just a lot better.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Avs fan voting for the Sabres duo. MacK is pretty comfortably ahead of Eichel but Dahlin is lightyears ahead of Makar. This can/might change but smart money is on the Sabres duo IMO.

Reactions: Dr Salt

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Pretty easily buffalo duo for me. Dahlin May one day be the best player of them all.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

There is a big gap between MacKinnon and Eichel imo. One can carry a franchise and is a mvp runner up. MacKinnon is closer to McDavid than Eichel. Results speak for themselves.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Eichel is very underrated. Mac is currently the better player but Eichel can keep rising and close the gap. I think the Dahlin Makar gap is much bigger. Dahlin has the potential to be the best defenseman of this generation, Makar will probably be an elite 1D but just not at the level Dahlin is at.

Reactions: EP40 and Hisch13r

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad