Rumor: Nash Submits No Trade List

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
He did not need to. Don't you know that he is the greatest ES scorer in history? And have you not seen his /60? His legacy was sealed on that alone. Never mind about all of the stuff n' things that he does.

Agreed, his legacy should solely be based on the games he was dealing with concussions. That's much more fair.

Love you TB.

Reactions: Thirty One

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Agreed, his legacy should solely be based on the games he was dealing with concussions. That's much more fair.

Love you TB.

I mean one's legacy is their accomplishments.

Just for perspective. Let's be honest. If we didn't base on or purposely deny the current fancy stats, Rick Nash would be in the top 500 list for NHL greats, and outside the top 200.

I mean I don't think he's even a lock for top 100 Rangers let alone history of NHL.

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Let me say something else:

I came of age as a hockey fan in the proverbial dark ages of the Original Six. During that era, 99% of the players were Canadian. For the most part, they were the children of factory workers from Ontario, farmers from the Canadian West, and from small towns in Quebec. They brought a blue-collar, lunch-pail, working-class ethic to the game. It was what made the game so special. It was manifested in how physically tough the game was, the willingness to play with injuries that athletes in other sports would never play with, with a dedication to the concept of team and to the importance of the role of "captain."

The game has changed. It is now more of a suburban sport: who else can afford the price of equipment, ice-time, etc.?

But that blue-collar work ethic remains part of the unique culture of hockey today. Every sport has its own culture, values, and ethics. But nothing comes close to culture of hockey. Players are still incredibly tough (even if fighting has largely disappeared). Players still pride themselves in playing with gruesome injuries. Team is still all important. "Captain" is a revered title only in hockey. Parents still get up at 3 AM on Sunday mornings so their kids can be on the ice at 5 AM. "Hockey Mom" and "Hockey Dad" are revered terms, said with love. The annual "Extra-Effort Award" is the most coveted of all the Ranger awards. Only hockey has programs where Moms and Dads can travel with the NHL sons. It is what makes hockey so special, so unique, and such a pleasure to watch. (and I am a fan of or other sports).

The game on the ice has changed, and changed for the better, but the values that underpin it are timeless.

Rick Nash epitomizes those values. Now that his time here appears to be reaching an end (and I believe he should be traded), I think he needs to be celebrated and not cut down.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Let me say something else:

I came of age as a hockey fan in the proverbial dark ages of the Original Six. During that era, 99% of the players were Canadian. For the most part, they were the children of factory workers from Ontario, farmers from the Canadian West, and from small towns in Quebec. They brought a blue-collar, lunch-pail, working-class ethic to the game. It was what made the game so special. It was manifested in how physically tough the game was, the willingness to play with injuries that athletes in other sports would never play with, with a dedication to the concept of team and to the importance of the role of "captain."

The game has changed. It is now more of a suburban sport: who else can afford the price of equipment, ice-time, etc.?

But that blue-collar work ethic remains part of the unique culture of hockey today. Every sport has its own culture, values, and ethics. But nothing comes close to culture of hockey. Players are still incredibly tough (even if fighting has largely disappeared). Players still pride themselves in playing with gruesome injuries. Team is still all important. "Captain" is a revered title only in hockey. Parents still get up at 3 AM on Sunday mornings so their kids can be on the ice at 5 AM. "Hockey Mom" and "Hockey Dad" are revered terms, said with love. The annual "Extra-Effort Award" is the most coveted of all the Ranger awards. Only hockey has programs where Moms and Dads can travel with the NHL sons. It is what makes hockey so special, so unique, and such a pleasure to watch. (and I am a fan of or other sports).

The game on the ice has changed, and changed for the better, but the values that underpin it are timeless.

Rick Nash epitomizes those values. Now that his time here appears to be reaching an end (and I believe he should be traded), I think he needs to be celebrated and not cut down.

Girardi didn't? Half the GDTs were happy when they thought he looked too injured to play anymore. Remember #Warrior?

I'm telling y'all that there is this weird thing with Rick Nash.

Cutting him down because he has to tell his son he won't be a Ranger [which I'm totally sure makes sense to his 3 year old son] is cold, but CELEBRATING Rick Nash?

What is he Martin Luther King?

Good luck wherever you are going McLaren. Peace out!

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You won't find someone who is more pro-business than I. With that being said, you are oversimplifying this beyond belief. It isn't just about money. Money doesn't shield people from feeling actual emotions. It doesn't stop them from being human. Tell a three year old that its a business? Have you ever been around children?

Coming from you, and knowing that you're a successful business guy, this really puts it in perspective.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Girardi didn't? Half the GDTs were happy when they thought he looked too injured to play anymore. Remember #Warrior?

Cutting him down because he has to tell his son he won't be a Ranger [which I'm totally sure makes sense to his 3 year old son] is cold, but CELEBRATING Rick Nash?

What is he Martin Luther King?

Good luck wherever you are going McLaren. Peace out!
For the thousandth time people. ITS A BUSINESS. WE ROOT FOR LAUNDRY (jerry Seinfeld)

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'll take how Rick treats his teammates, the Rangers organization, the fans, and handles the situation as a whole. He is good and fine. What he said is fine, I don't see the annoyance at it. I don't care how much money I have made as an athlete or whatever - if someone asks me about my family, my kid, I'm not giving some business answer so that my kid can be looking up interviews of me 10 years from now and hear me refer to him as part of my business lol

Reactions: Mac n Gs

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Might as well say Calgary and St. Louis are the teams without 2018 1st rounders. St. Louis's is conditional to Philadelphia but only if it turns into a top 10 pick and that ain't going to happen.

But back to Nash--it's time to go and honestly I probably would have moved him before now.

I am not pro-business but I am pro-Rangers but still the players all understand the nature of their jobs, contracts etc. and accept it. They practically unanimously look at this as a business and they sign big money deals. There's only so much sympathy I'm going to have for any player when things aren't working out for them here. Nash had his chance--especially the year we went to the finals. I'm not interested in hanging on to a mid-30's guy whose offensive game has declined to the point where he's a glorified 3rd liner but still making a boat load of cash. The Rangers aren't a retirement home. No way should we be hanging on to him because of his three year old--nor holding his hand on the way out of the door. Sure it sucks for him but he's living a dream life compared to practically everyone here.

Reactions: leetch99

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

On the flip side, why don't you have the same venom for Dan Girardi for his abortion of a Stanley Cup Final as you do for Nash?

Reactions: Miamipuck

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
On the flip side, why don't you have the same venom for Dan Girardi for his abortion of a Stanley Cup Final as you do for Nash?

Because I don't think he had an abortion [why the f*** is this word getting used so much] in the final.

The same fancy staters who over-rate Nash under-rate Girardi.

It's all hypotheticals and extrapolations, and it's impossible to argue because anything with the eyes is biased.

For example, although sustaining injuries, Girardi not only looked good on Tampa this year, but also Tampa's defense didn't just fall apart as the stats indicated that Girardi was a "cancer".

Reactions: leetch99

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
I would like to bring Nash back for the next few years during our rebuild (after we trade him here). I think he'd be the perfect professional for our kids to learn from. I'm also okay with having Hank here during it. I would like to trade him at some point so he has a chance at a cup, but having his fire even while being not great is invaluable.

If we're going to do a rebuild, that means doing it right. The worst thing all of the teams in rebuild mode do is trade all of their leaders and let the team be run by a bunch of 19-20 year olds.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I would like to bring Nash back for the next few years during our rebuild (after we trade him here). I think he'd be the perfect professional for our kids to learn from. I'm also okay with having Hank here during it. I would like to trade him at some point so he has a chance at a cup, but having his fire even while being not great is invaluable.

If we're going to do a rebuild, that means doing it right. The worst thing all of the teams in rebuild mode do is trade all of their leaders and let the team be run by a bunch of 19-20 year olds.

Is he a leader and mentor for the "youngins"?

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Is he a leader and mentor for the "youngins"?
Yes. Not only on the ice with his clear cut work ethic, but also off the ice, which I think many people underestimate.

The Rangers have a great support network off the ice right now, which I think has paid off in spades. Part of our players' success is nature, part of it is nurture.

I would rather have a Rick Nash teaching our 18-21 year old top prospects how to conduct themselves as professionals rather than someone like Zibanejad. It's very easy to let a little money in New York go to your head.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I would rather have a Rick Nash teaching our 18-21 year old top prospects how to conduct themselves as professionals rather than someone like Zibanejad. It's very easy to let a little money in New York go to your head.

I agree with this mostly because I hate EDM and skinny jeans

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

We were against a super strong built for the playoffs team who had just won the cup 2 years earlier. Three of the 5 games went to OT, one of the 4 was a shutout , and Rick Nash didn't have one f***ing goal the entire series, and you guys are still harping on the Girardi possession nonsense?

Pls...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yes. Not only on the ice with his clear cut work ethic, but also off the ice, which I think many people underestimate.

The Rangers have a great support network off the ice right now, which I think has paid off in spades. Part of our players' success is nature, part of it is nurture.

We don't know this.

I always hear the "he was old and he can help the young guys". Not just with Rick Nash. Who cares. Let it go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad