Rumor: Nash Submits No Trade List

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's time to let it go with Girardi. He wasn't good here. There's no longer any sensible argument to the contrary.

He never prevented shots, and his blocking didn't prevent goals.
During his last few years here no. But most of the hockey world regarded him at a legit top pairing defenseman when in his prime. To say he was not good here in the entirety of his career is being disingenuous.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
During his last few years here no. But most of the hockey world regarded him at a legit top pairing defenseman when in his prime. To say he was not good here in the entirety of his career is being disingenuous.

To say he prevented goals in his "prime" is being disingenuous.

He always, always, always bled goals against.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Excuse me but Nash knew this coming. He can read. This has been coming for months. When they ask him the question about his kid, say it's a business. That's it. It's a business for the player and the team. No need to expand.

How dare he show some human emotion?

The nerve of that man

Reactions: Krams

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Girardi's game declined over time and you also could say he couldn't keep up in a game that was changing to more puck movement and in the man on man defensive scheme that AV liked best. Tortorella basically took Girardi and Callahan and turned them into shot blocking machines and both of them paid for it over time. Nash as well has declined from the player he used to be. He has spurts of goals now and again but basically he's a 35-40 point player getting mostly 1st line minutes. He takes a shitload of shots but he's not good at finishing anymore. He's pretty much been in a 3 year slump and he's never proven to me that he could lead this team in big games. It's time to cut bait.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
It's fine to want to move a guy for the benefit of the organization but wishing ill will or calling someone a bum personally even if they were an enemy crosses the line in my opinion. Take Valerie Kamesnky for example. Guy stunk here and I don't want him on my team but I hope he's invested well and has a good quality of life. Even a lot of those "heel" players from back in the day. I mentioned how I hated the late 80s Caps with Pivonka, Johhansen, Langway and his stupid fro, and of course we all hated John Druce, but it was beyond tragic when his daughter passed away and everything he's done to raise awareness for Cancer research since is awesome, have to applaud and feel for him for that.

Nash is a good guy who has been a decent to good player here for many reasons when he needed to be a great one. He was simply expressing sadness even if it will only be a 6-15 week stay in some other city. He hasn't prohibited making a move as far as we know and he hasn't personally made fun of our families so there should be no beef here, even a minor one.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Girardi's game declined over time and you also could say he couldn't keep up in a game that was changing to more puck movement and in the man on man defensive scheme that AV liked best. Tortorella basically took Girardi and Callahan and turned them into shot blocking machines and both of them paid for it over time. Nash as well has declined from the player he used to be. He has spurts of goals now and again but basically he's a 35-40 point player getting mostly 1st line minutes. He takes a ****load of shots but he's not good at finishing anymore. He's pretty much been in a 3 year slump and he's never proven to me that he could lead this team in big games. It's time to cut bait.
AGREE AGREE AGREE !!!! Geesh...and enough with the bring him back next season talk....OMG...those are very very very disturbing words to this 48 year Ranger fan. LOL...I hope he is out in Vegas...far far away !!! The culture has to change for this organization .

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I appreciate that. In my world I hear all the time how "its just business" like that is some justification for doing things that while may not be criminally wrong, are sure as **** morally wrong.

Nash is a human being. We lambasted Drury for some of the things he said. Now we are doing the same to Nash for caring too much? Yes, its a business. Nash understands that. Nash's son doesn't understand business. He understands the color of the jersey his dad wears. I for one hope we can bring him back after this year. Character and heart like that are always needed in a successful, cohesive locker room.

I own a couple companies and I have my own employees who I've obviously grown very friendly with over the years. The term "its just business" is bullshit that belongs in TV screens and the mout of people who dont know what its like to actually run one. I've had to fire people. I felt bad about it because it ultimately put them in a difficult spot.

People have feelings, thats as true for a janitor as it is for CEO's. No one does things that disrupts a persons entire life without feeling bad about it, unless you are a psychopat. I'm willing to bet a lot of money that Gorton felt absolutely awful telling Nash to submit his list. He knew what that meant to Nash. It's not just business. It IS business, but there's nothing casual about it.

That people have the gall to get on Nash's case for being emotional about his situation just because he's a millionaire is just so incredibly petty. To tell people that they can't be sad just because they earn more than most.. well, imagine a beggar coming up to you and tell you you cant feel bad about anything because you make a thousand times what he does begging from a cup. Nash is fine with moving. The problem is explaining it to his little son.

Seriously, if that makes you angry, you need to check your life priorities.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's fine to want to move a guy for the benefit of the organization but wishing ill will or calling someone a bum personally even if they were an enemy crosses the line in my opinion. Take Valerie Kamesnky for example. Guy stunk here and I don't want him on my team but I hope he's invested well and has a good quality of life. Even a lot of those "heel" players from back in the day. I mentioned how I hated the late 80s Caps with Pivonka, Johhansen, Langway and his stupid fro, and of course we all hated John Druce, but it was beyond tragic when his daughter passed away and everything he's done to raise awareness for Cancer research since is awesome, have to applaud and feel for him for that.

Nash is a good guy who has been a decent to good player here for many reasons when he needed to be a great one. He was simply expressing sadness even if it will only be a 6-15 week stay in some other city. He hasn't prohibited making a move as far as we know and he hasn't personally made fun of our families so there should be no beef here, even a minor one.

I look at Rick Nash as a guy who had good work habits but who somewhere, somehow lost the killer instinct that made him a special player and it's long gone and he's not getting it back. I'm not mad or angry with him but I do want him off the team. Next year the Rangers are going to be working on what kind of new identity they're going to have and I expect the team to be quite different from the one that's now currently constructed. There will be some vets and Henrik undoubtedly will be back. I would not have a problem re-signing Grabner but as far as the rest of our rentals--been there, done that, find another home.

Reactions: leetch99

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Girardi didn't? Half the GDTs were happy when they thought he looked too injured to play anymore. Remember #Warrior?

I'm telling y'all that there is this weird thing with Rick Nash.

I’m 100% sure that from reading the things @alkurtz has said in this thread (and in many other places on this board) that there’s not a chance in the world that he was one of the people acting like a fool over Girardi in GDTs.

Hell, I’m pretty sure I’ve read him make similar statements about Girardi in response to the vitriol around here.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I look at Rick Nash as a guy who had good work habits but who somewhere, somehow lost the killer instinct that made him a special player and it's long gone and he's not getting it back. I'm not mad or angry with him but I do want him off the team. Next year the Rangers are going to be working on what kind of new identity they're going to have and I expect the team to be quite different from the one that's now currently constructed. There will be some vets and Henrik undoubtedly will be back. I would not have a problem re-signing Grabner but as far as the rest of our rentals--been there, done that, find another home.

I don’t think he lost any part of his instincts.

With most NHL players, the first thing that goes is their skating. Nash hasn’t lost much of anything in that regard. With him, it was his reaction time. Because of that, he can no longer successfully make moves he used to make and ALL of the deceptiveness of his shot disappeared.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Chris Nichols‏ @NicholsOnHockey
McKenzie: As of this moment, three pieces seem to be the asking price for Rick Nash. "A first-round pick, a top prospect, and another lesser player or prospect or pick." #NYR

In my Negotiations class in grad school we learned that we shouldn't piss off the other side with unreasonable asks. I never got why this is standard operating procedure in the NHL, even if it goes down.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
In my Negotiations class in grad school we learned that we shouldn't piss off the other side with unreasonable asks. I never got why this is standard operating procedure in the NHL, even if it goes down.
kHpAUBI.jpg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Chris Nichols‏ @NicholsOnHockey
McKenzie: As of this moment, three pieces seem to be the asking price for Rick Nash. "A first-round pick, a top prospect, and another lesser player or prospect or pick." #NYR

Hopefully that all comes true but if the best we can do is just get a 1st or even a 2nd then you do it anyway. He's no use to us after this season.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA

I would like to defend Valerie Kamensky. When he first arrived here he was having a very solid year until one night in Toronto he scored a goal in the dirty area and when he lifted his arms to celebrate he was viscously cross checked in the kidneys my a Mapleleaf defender. No (LaFontaine) penalty was called, no league discipline issued for the offense and the shame of all shame, no Ranger player on the ice or later in the game stuck up for him. It was reported in the newspapers that he was urinating blood for a week. He was never the same player after that incident.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I would like to defend Valerie Kamensky. When he first arrived here he was having a very solid year until one night in Toronto he scored a goal in the dirty area and when he lifted his arms to celebrate he was viscously cross checked in the kidneys my a Mapleleaf defender. No (LaFontaine) penalty was called, no league discipline issued for the offense and the shame of all shame, no Ranger player on the ice or later in the game stuck up for him. It was reported in the newspapers that he was urinating blood for a week. He was never the same player after that incident.

Interesting, that must have messed him up. He just didn't produce much even in his Dallas and Devils stints. By all accounts his teammates liked him. I think he lived or maybe even still lives in Connecticut, a few years ago my friend played pickup with him/Richter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->