Proposal: Nash/NYI

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
So, to clarify, in your world being named captain and having contract negotiations means it's impossible for you to be traded. That's never happened in the history of the NHL so I must be idiotic. Again, the omniscient people posting here who always think their opinions hold more weight is nauseating. I need to go clean off my keyboard.
no i never said that, and never even approached that, in your fertile imagination you assume that. Im just saying that naming him captain and attempting to sign him indicate that they would rather keep him. only in your imagination does it mean what you think it does, many more players who are signed and named captain, remain with their teams, than are traded.

that much is statistically obvious except in your world of fantasy

as i said before:

"except their speculations are based on actual relevant occurrences, Like being named captain, real negotiations, all of yours speculations are based inside your imagination"

could he still be traded , if he doesnt sign sure, but that would be due to a relevant change of factors ie, not signing a contract, situations are dictated by changes of circumstances, so nothing is impossible, but lets wait to see what the circumstances are before we act rashly

Im just saying lets wait till we have a reason to speculate otherwise before you let your imagination run wild

heck, i would like Toronto to trade us Auston Matthews for Brock Nelson, but I'm not stitching Matthews on an Islanders jersey until I have some realistic expectation that it will happen, fantasies dont cut it.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So, to clarify, in your world being named captain and having contract negotiations means it's impossible for you to be traded. That's never happened in the history of the NHL so I must be idiotic. Again, the omniscient people posting here who always think their opinions hold more weight is nauseating. I need to go clean off my keyboard.

Just weeks ago Lou & Trotz talked about not naming a captain. Then while having extension talks with Lee,they name Lee captain.

I do not think the isles would name Lee captain, if Lou were not confident of getting an extension done.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Pretty close to it. Unless Lee basically says he wants to leave he will be signed.
I think a captain is held in pretty high regard. Imagine what the players would think if you name a player the captain of the team ( a player that supposedly the entire team was all in to name captain) and then turn around and trade him. I know what I would think. This front office is building for the future and would not do something that idiotic.
As a player, teammate, fan and owner I would think that at least we got something for him instead of losing him for no asset in return. You seem to forget this absent of him putting pen to ink on an extension.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Just weeks ago Lou & Trotz talked about not naming a captain. Then while having extension talks with Lee,they name Lee captain.

I do not think the isles would name Lee captain, if Lou were not confident of getting an extension done.

May be the case, but far from concrete. I've seen other examples where confidence diminishes to nothing in a matter of months. Not just the most recent ones either.

Naming a captain could have a lot less to do with Lee and a lot more to do with ridding the distraction that it would bring since Tr91tor departed. Don't think management wants to have every away announcer state, "Isles have yet to name a captain after the departure of Tr91tor". You could be right, I could be right.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
no i never said that, and never even approached that, in your fertile imagination you assume that. Im just saying that naming him captain and attempting to sign him indicate that they would rather keep him. only in your imagination does it mean what you think it does, many more players who are signed and named captain, remain with their teams, than are traded.

that much is statistically obvious except in your world of fantasy

as i said before:

"except their speculations are based on actual relevant occurrences, Like being named captain, real negotiations, all of yours speculations are based inside your imagination"

could he still be traded , if he doesnt sign sure, but that would be due to a relevant change of factors ie, not signing a contract, situations are dictated by changes of circumstances, so nothing is impossible, but lets wait to see what the circumstances are before we act rashly

Im just saying lets wait till we have a reason to speculate otherwise before you let your imagination run wild

heck, i would like Toronto to trade us Auston Matthews for Brock Nelson, but I'm not stitching Matthews on an Islanders jersey until I have some realistic expectation that it will happen, fantasies dont cut it.

This isn't about statistics, it's about your attitude that's it's only a fantasy (that is what you are saying) and impossible. I've yet to see a post you've written that hasn't been in the "all-seeing, all-knowing" tone you bring. Simmer down now....

Reactions: luki here

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
May be the case, but far from concrete. I've seen other examples where confidence diminishes to nothing in a matter of months. Not just the most recent ones either.

Naming a captain could have a lot less to do with Lee and a lot more to do with ridding the distraction that it would bring since Tr91tor departed. Don't think management wants to have every away announcer state, "Isles have yet to name a captain after the departure of Tr91tor". You could be right, I could be right.

Isles would not have been the 1st team to go with several assistant captains, instead of naming a captain.

And I do not think anyone is saying if talks fall apart, if they are unable to reach agreement on tne extension, that Lou should hold onto Lee and see him walk for nothing on July 1st.

At this point, we are reading that both sides are interested in getting the extension done. Does not sound like Lee is available.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Isles would not have been the 1st team to go with several assistant captains, instead of naming a captain.

And I do not think anyone is saying if talks fall apart, if they are unable to reach agreement on tne extension, that Lou should hold onto Lee and see him walk for nothing on July 1st.

At this point, we are reading that both sides are interested in getting the extension done. Does not sound like Lee is available.

Guess you just don't like my usage of available, and I don't like the way you make him sound untouchable. Seems like we agree on the other stuff though.

And I think the Isles would have gone with just assistants this season if it weren't for the exit through despised circumstances of the last captain. It's obvious their actions and press clippings want to move away from that ASAP.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
You said it.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
This isn't about statistics, it's about your attitude that's it's only a fantasy (that is what you are saying) and impossible. I've yet to see a post you've written that hasn't been in the "all-seeing, all-knowing" tone you bring. Simmer down now....
you still dont get it.

IT IS FANTASY until, you know, he is actually traded.

you keep saying he is available when in fact both sides are in active actual negotiations to sign him long term.

until there is actual evidence that he is available all you got is fantasy and its 1000% based in your imagination. you have not one shred of actual evidence that he is available in fact all available evidence says the opposite

but you ignore it since youre only considering whats in your own imagination

even if they announce the signing this very moment, youd just say:

"he's not the first player to be traded after signing a contract"

which only indicates how deeply you are mired in your own fantasy world

Last edited:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
you still dont get it.

IT IS FANTASY until, you know, he is actually traded.

you keep saying he is available when in fact both sides are in active actual negotiations to sign him long term.

until there is actual evidence that he is available all you got is fantasy and its 1000% based in your imagination. you have not one shred of actual evidence that he is available in fact all available evidence says the opposite

but you ignore it since youre only considering whats in your own imagination

even if they announce the signing this very moment, youd just say:

"he's not the first player to be traded after signing a contract"

which only indicates how deeply you are mired in your own fantasy world

Until he's actually signed there's no proof he wants to be here. See how that works? I'm done with this conversation it's like talking to a clown.

GoldyNuck

Mar 7, 2017
I tend to think Nashville might be vulnerable ths year for the first time in a long time Rinne, Turris And Johanssen, coming off so so seasons,

*Rinne Wins Vezina*

I get it his playoffs were subpar but he still had a great season I think that's a harsh assessment

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
*Rinne Wins Vezina*

I get it his playoffs were subpar but he still had a great season I think that's a harsh assessment
*Rinne Wins Vezina*

could be but he's set spme high standards just like Lundqvist, same with Price,

you gotta be realistic and I think you might be too easy on them

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Until he's actually signed there's no proof he wants to be here. See how that works? I'm done with this conversation it's like talking to a clown.

why because you dont want to deal with being wrong?

youve shown absolutely no evidence to support your position NONE.

If you had id acknowledge it. all we've said is so far all reports are that lou is negotiating with Lee and named him team captain, there have been zero reports that he's offered Lee around

if you have any evidence to the contrary you certainly havent posted any, NONE

All we're saying is that until your source is anything but you own fertile imagination, we wont waste our time on it

things can change and if they do we can Re-Evaluate, but your fantasies dont indicate change, they are just your fantasies

Last edited:

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

It takes longer for this info to reach people in their parents basement, obviously.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
It takes longer for this info to reach people in their parents basement, obviously.
obviously, what gets me is that he really believes what he's saying.

by his definition Connor McDavid is as available as Stephen Gionta and Tyler Seguin as available as Andrew Ladd, he's totally out to lunch

Last edited:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
why because you dont want to deal with being wrong?

youve shown absolutely no evidence to support your position NONE.

If you had id acknowledge it. all we've said is so far all reports are that lou is negotiating with Lee and named him team captain, there have been zero reports that he's offered Lee around

if you have any evidence to the contrary you certainly havent posted any, NONE

All we're saying is that until your source is anything but you own fertile imagination, we wont waste our time on it

things can change and if they do we can Re-Evaluate, but your fantasies dont indicate change, they are just your fantasies

I don't need to supply any evidence because I never made a claim either way. That's why this conversation is so ridiculous. It's clouded by your own ignorance to even accept my initial post. So why bother? If you don't make any claims, you don't need any evidence. My claim was purely opinion that LL shouldn't hang up the phone immediately if he gets calls on Anders Lee. Now I need to provide evidence for an opinion like that? Who do you think you are?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Guess you just don't like my usage of available, and I don't like the way you make him sound untouchable. Seems like we agree on the other stuff though.

And I think the Isles would have gone with just assistants this season if it weren't for the exit through despised circumstances of the last captain. It's obvious their actions and press clippings want to move away from that ASAP.

If the Isles main purpose was "moving past Tavares leaving", they could have named Barzal captain. He is not scheduled to become a ufa for another 6 seasons.
Instead they name an impending ufa who they are in extensions talks with .

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Imagine if the press reports had said Lou is considering extending Lee, instead of actually having extension talks with Lee's reps.

How much further off the rails, would this discussion be?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I don't need to supply any evidence because I never made a claim either way. That's why this conversation is so ridiculous. It's clouded by your own ignorance to even accept my initial post. So why bother? If you don't make any claims, you don't need any evidence. My claim was purely opinion that LL shouldn't hang up the phone immediately if he gets calls on Anders Lee. Now I need to provide evidence for an opinion like that? Who do you think you are?
you keep moving the goalposts because you cant admit you were wrong its as simple as that. who do you think YOU are?

YOU made the claim that lee could be available,

So what about Lee? Both Lee and Eberle could be available, but if you need a big skilled winger he's your man.

and provided NO EVIDENCE to support your position. we replied according to published reports the Islanders named Lee captain and are trying to sign him long term. and now your saying you never made that claim

all youve done is shown how you cant handle being wrong and youll change your stance when you look foolish

we didnt make that post, YOU DID

Whats ridiculous is that you are trying to say you never made that claim when you obviously did. YOU DIDNT SAY "LL shouldn't hang up the phone immediately if he gets calls on Anders Lee"

you said:

So what about Lee? Both Lee and Eberle could be available, but if you need a big skilled winger he's your man.

how hard would it have been to say "well maybe he isnt available, but maybe he should be." instead you went on and on denying the available reports

like this one from Arthur staple in the Athletic:

"Lamoriello and Trotz’s demurrals all camp long over not needing a captain never seemed convincing. After the messy end to Tavares’ tenure and the uncertainty about the current team with Lee, Brock Nelson and Jordan Eberle all entering the final years of their contracts, it most likely dawned on Trotz that leaving the captaincy vacant would just create more doubt among a team and a fan base already crawling with insecurity.....The Islanders better be ready. Naming a captain helps put the lingering frustration of the Tavares situation behind them; naming Lee the captain seems to promise he will be here for the long term and that the Islanders have a leader to build around, alongside their centerpiece talent, Mathew Barzal.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
you keep moving the goalposts because you cant admit you were wrong its as simple as that. who do you think YOU are?

YOU made the claim that lee could be available,

and provided NO EVIDENCE to support your position. we replied according to published reports the Islanders named Lee captain and are trying to sign him long term. and now your saying you never made that claim

all youve done is shown how you cant handle being wrong and youll change your stance when you look foolish

we didnt make that post, YOU DID

Whats ridiculous is that you are trying to say you never made that claim when you obviously did. YOU DIDNT SAY "LL shouldn't hang up the phone immediately if he gets calls on Anders Lee"

you said:

how hard would it have been to say "well maybe he isnt available, but maybe he should be." instead you went on and on denying the available reports

like this one from Arthur staple in the Athletic:

"Lamoriello and Trotz’s demurrals all camp long over not needing a captain never seemed convincing. After the messy end to Tavares’ tenure and the uncertainty about the current team with Lee, Brock Nelson and Jordan Eberle all entering the final years of their contracts, it most likely dawned on Trotz that leaving the captaincy vacant would just create more doubt among a team and a fan base already crawling with insecurity.....The Islanders better be ready. Naming a captain helps put the lingering frustration of the Tavares situation behind them; naming Lee the captain seems to promise he will be here for the long term and that the Islanders have a leader to build around, alongside their centerpiece talent, Mathew Barzal.

LOL. I need to provide evidence when I make a suggestion using the word "could"? Honestly, are you just trolling now, or is English not your first language? Can a mod step in here...for real(never mind, i put him on ignore). I mean, if you are so desperate for something to backup the word "could" then the only real evidence I need is that he's a pending UFA. It's as simple as that. You really are just trying to make a mockery of this by arguing degrees when there no need to. Could might mean 1%, might mean 10%, could mean 60%. I dont' really give a rat's ass anymore you are just trying to push something completely moot because you want to somehow win the internet. Your trophy is in the mail bubba. I'm not moving any goal posts. You are trying to put goal posts up where there is no need because you can't handle the word "could". I also think you may secretly think that if I don't say Lee is 100% unavailable (like you want me to and only you think because you somehow can make absolutes while I use the word could) that maybe he somehow will become available and it'll ruin the Islander's plans and be all my fault? I'd ask you what your dog is in this race but it isn't even a race. It's somebody looking at the word could and having no idea what that means.

Last edited:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
If the Isles main purpose was "moving past Tavares leaving", they could have named Barzal captain. He is not scheduled to become a ufa for another 6 seasons.
Instead they name an impending ufa who they are in extensions talks with .

And there is no other reason you could see why they wouldn't name Barzal captain? I'm giving you credit for being intelligent, try not to ruin it. Again, all i'm saying is there could be other reasons for naming Lee captain. I have no idea why you and hockey72 need everything at 100% or nothing and have no gray areas in your reasoning. This isn't a math problem with only one right answer and I've never used absolutes in anything I've said (until just now with the word never).

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
LOL. I need to provide evidence when I make a suggestion using the word "could"? Honestly, are you just trolling now, or is English not your first language? Can a mod step in here...for real(never mind, i put him on ignore). I mean, if you are so desperate for something to backup the word "could" then the only real evidence I need is that he's a pending UFA. It's as simple as that. You really are just trying to make a mockery of this by arguing degrees when there no need to. Could might mean 1%, might mean 10%, could mean 60%. I dont' really give a rat's ass anymore you are just trying to push something completely moot because you want to somehow win the internet. Your trophy is in the mail bubba. I'm not moving any goal posts. You are trying to put goal posts up where there is no need because you can't handle the word "could". I also think you may secretly think that if I don't say Lee is 100% unavailable (like you want me to and only you think because you somehow can make absolutes while I use the word could) that maybe he somehow will become available and it'll ruin the Islander's plans and be all my fault? I'd ask you what your dog is in this race but it isn't even a race. It's somebody looking at the word could and having no idea what that means.
your a liar plain and simple. it wasn't me who said i never made a claim it was you, not only did i quote your post word for word where you did in fact make a claim, but you also ignored the fact that there were multiple sources that indicated your claim was without any factual basis. So it wasnt me who cant handle it it was YOU

it wasnt the word "could" that created the issue it was your "total disregard" for the readily available news and reports that anyone discussing the subject would be readily aware of as if "leap on over's opinion" trumps all information, that actually proves that You were the one who" couldnt handle" things. YOU, not the multiple fans who repeatedly informed you of the current news regarding Lee. Where most of us would have said: "Oh I wasnt aware of that, that does shed a different light on the situation" You couldnt do that. which is further proof that "Your Ego" couldnt handle it.

you then trird (unsucessfully) to move the goal posts, and then failing that, you tried to deny you made the claim, Which is ridiculous because its easy to quote what you actually said

now in a last ditch attempt to save face, youre trying semantically to twist your own words,

face it Crew and others were right, and you werent. the ONLY ONE who couldnt handle it was Y-O-U

and no your claim wasnt a "suggestion" you didnt say i propose we make Lee available" or maybe we should make lee available, Perhaps if youd bothered to read the reports at the time instead of "totally disregarding " them you'd know why Barzal wasnt named captain and why Lee was....Trotz did give his reasons. all that means is that you STILL havent read the reports

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2