Proposal: Nash/NYI

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
thats fine by me We're better trading him to a team trying to beat the predators anway, they'd be more motivated since you win more often, teams that win regularly are less likely to take a chance, whereas a team with an opportunity who hasnt won, recently is more eager to make a move when opportunity presents itself

the key is finding the team at the right time.I tend to think Nashville might be vulnerable ths year for the first time in a long time Rinne, Turris And Johanssen, coming off so so seasons, so some other teams might feel there is an opening. it bears watching.

but from my point of view I see Nasville as the central division's least likely team to show any urgency, its not a David Poile trademark. he strikes when he thinks he's getting a bargain. and the Isles shouldnt be dealing with him AT all....the Isles should be deailng with teams, with a sense of urgency. to get the best deal possible

Rinne coming off of a so-so season? In which he won the Vezina?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Rinne coming off of a so-so season? In which he won the Vezina?
Yes, did you not see him badly out played in the playoffs, against San Jose? (.898. Save percentage) If you read the hockey news you'll also know he faced I think it was the 5th easiest shot difficulty in the NHL last season and was not rated among the top 5 goalies in the league in a recent GM poll. For a goalie who has consistently been top 3 for most of his career that symbolizes a decline. He's not bad by any means but like Lundqvist age is catching up to him. And to deny it is foolish.

Rinne like Lundqvist, and Price is judged by their own standard, ones they set themselves. They are seen through their own expectation of excellence and they'd tell you that themselves.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So what about Lee? Both Lee and Eberle could be available, but if you need a big skilled winger he's your man.

Isles named Lee captain and Lou has had early extension talks with Lee.

So, gonna disagree that Lee is available.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Isles named Lee captain and Lou has had early extension talks with Lee.

So, gonna disagree that Lee is available.

That's fine if you disagree. Neither one of us are right or wrong, but thanks for sharing your opinion. My opinion is any pending UFA should be considered available until they are locked up. The only person Lou shouldn't be listening to offers for is Barzal. The rest should have Lou not hanging up the phone right away.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Our deadline rentals have never really helped us, barring maybe Peter Forsberg.

Actually he got hurt, and didnt help at all. We still lost in round 1 with him. About the only thing that trade did was create some buzz about the team

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Lee is intriguing. Big body, good around the net, capable scorer and would fit in nicely on Turris' and Smith's left wing.

That said I'd still rather upgrade on Turris

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
That's fine if you disagree. Neither one of us are right or wrong, but thanks for sharing your opinion. My opinion is any pending UFA should be considered available until they are locked up. The only person Lou shouldn't be listening to offers for is Barzal. The rest should have Lou not hanging up the phone right away.

Shocking that the isles do not want a roster full of 18-22 year olds.That they actually want to keep the 27/28 yr old vet, whose leadership they value.

Last edited:
Reactions: dano16

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Shocking that the isles do not want a roster full of 18-22 year olds.That they actually want to keep the 27/28 yr old vet, whose leadership they value.
But,thanks for sharing your opinion.
Some fans are under the mistaken opinion that Lee is a creation of Tavares, they are about to be abused of that notion. He is the best pure power forward in hockey. You don't trade them for scraps.

Reactions: IODCPiper

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Some fans are under the mistaken opinion that Lee is a creation of Tavares, they are about to be abused of that notion. He is the best pure power forward in hockey. You don't trade them for scraps.

Agreed.

Both Nelson & Eberle have made public comments about hoping for extensions, but Lee is the one the press says Lou is trying to sigm.

Reactions: IODCPiper

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

No need to lay it on thick. You'll just look like an idiot if he is moved. Not sure why people can't just except other opinions instead of constantly needing to harp with condescension. I like Lee. Would love to keep him. He'd be Pejorative Slured to not test free agency though and we would be Pejorative Slured to let him walk for nothing. I hope for extensions for both Lee and Eberle, but call me jaded. They are splitting time at two different arenas with no shovel in the ground and neither are getting any younger. Why would they resign here? Until there is pen to paper I listen to offers for everyone except Barzal.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Also checked the article linking Lee to contract extensions and its suspected he wants 7 million. Not sure if I pay Lee that much without seeing at least half a season from him, so I doubt they'll be any contract extension decisions until at least the new year, and if there is that's good news because it means Lee decided to take a discount. LL would have to be in the grips of dementia to sign him for 7 million long term before seeing how he does without Tr91tor.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yes, did you not see him badly out played in the playoffs, against San Jose? (.898. Save percentage) If you read the hockey news you'll also know he faced I think it was the 5th easiest shot difficulty in the NHL last season and was not rated among the top 5 goalies in the league in a recent GM poll. For a goalie who has consistently been top 3 for most of his career that symbolizes a decline. He's not bad by any means but like Lundqvist age is catching up to him. And to deny it is foolish.

Rinne like Lundqvist, and Price is judged by their own standard, ones they set themselves. They are seen through their own expectation of excellence and they'd tell you that themselves.
1) .Rinne didn't play against San Jose in the playoffs.

2) GMs voted Rinne as the best goalie last season, not 5th

Am I missing something?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
1) .Rinne didn't play against San Jose in the playoffs.

2) GMs voted Rinne as the best goalie last season, not 5th

Am I missing something?
yes you are

as i said i quoted the hockey news

the exact quote:
"It’s easy to forget, though, Rinne found himself badly outduelled just one year ago in the playoffs, posting an .898 save percentage in Nashville’s seven-game loss to the San Jose Sharks. That’s how quickly the narrative can change regarding the 6-foot-5, 217-pound netminder, who has become one of hockey’s most divisive players."

Why Pekka Rinne is hockey’s most polarizing goalie - TheHockeyNews

youre right in that it wasnt San Jose it was winnipeg, but it was the quote and i quoted it word for word

and no in this years poll of GM Rinne was not voted the best goalie he was voted 5th

so yes that is declining

nice job trying to twist words go read the quote,

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
yes you are

as i said i quoted the hockey news

the exact quote:
"It’s easy to forget, though, Rinne found himself badly outduelled just one year ago in the playoffs, posting an .898 save percentage in Nashville’s seven-game loss to the San Jose Sharks. That’s how quickly the narrative can change regarding the 6-foot-5, 217-pound netminder, who has become one of hockey’s most divisive players."

Why Pekka Rinne is hockey’s most polarizing goalie - TheHockeyNews

youre right in that it wasnt San Jose it was winnipeg, but it was the quote and i quoted it word for word

and no in this years poll of GM Rinne was not voted the best goalie he was voted 5th

so yes that is declining

nice job trying to twist words go read the quote,
Here's your quote.

Can you not understand why someone would be confused by this? I'm not twisting your words, you post is all over the place. You went back to what 2015/2016 season to pull his record against San Jose.

For the record, I'm not a fan of playoff Rinne and think he's been the real weak link in the last 2 playoffs. But his regular season last year was the very best in his career.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
He will hang up if they ask about our new Captain. Even Garth Snow would not do that to the team.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
No need to lay it on thick. You'll just look like an idiot if he is moved. Not sure why people can't just except other opinions instead of constantly needing to harp with condescension. I like Lee. Would love to keep him. He'd be ******ed to not test free agency though and we would be ******ed to let him walk for nothing. I hope for extensions for both Lee and Eberle, but call me jaded. They are splitting time at two different arenas with no shovel in the ground and neither are getting any younger. Why would they resign here? Until there is pen to paper I listen to offers for everyone except Barzal.
Not gonna happen.
Glad you are not our GM.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
No need to lay it on thick. You'll just look like an idiot if he is moved. Not sure why people can't just except other opinions instead of constantly needing to harp with condescension. I like Lee. Would love to keep him. He'd be ******ed to not test free agency though and we would be ******ed to let him walk for nothing. I hope for extensions for both Lee and Eberle, but call me jaded. They are splitting time at two different arenas with no shovel in the ground and neither are getting any younger. Why would they resign here? Until there is pen to paper I listen to offers for everyone except Barzal.

What is laying it on thick?

Pointing out that Lou just named Lee captain or the tweet that they have had early extension talks? The only one of the three impending ufas .

Seeing the $7m that impending ufas Kane and MaxPac got, $7m for Lee is not out of line .

Finally, do you think Lou would rather have Lee scoring 30-40 goals a season or tnat bright and shiny mid-late 1st ?

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Here's your quote.

Can you not understand why someone would be confused by this? I'm not twisting your words, you post is all over the place. You went back to what 2015/2016 season to pull his record against San Jose.

For the record, I'm not a fan of playoff Rinne and think he's been the real weak link in the last 2 playoffs. But his regular season last year was the very best in his career.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Here's your quote.

t told you it was a quote from the hockey news, they wrote San Jose its why i later added the link

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
What is laying it on thick?

Pointing out that Lou just named Lee captain or the tweet that they have had early extension talks? The only one of the three impending ufas .

Seeing the $7m that impending ufas Kane and MaxPac got, $7m for Lee is not out of line .

Finally, do you think Lou would rather have Lee scoring 30-40 goals a season or tnat bright and shiny mid-late 1st ?

If he can keep doing that, sure. If he scores 30 this year and shows a difference with offensively talented linemates exited, not so sure that 7m is warranted. Could have a Lucic on our hands. Again, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I'm fine extending Lee (and Eberle for that matter), I just wouldn't be stupid enough to tell other teams they are not available because you never know what you can get in a trade.

Go back and read you original post and pay attention to the tone of your writing, then you might see where I think you are laying it on thick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad