Proposal: Nash/NYI

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If he can keep doing that, sure. If he scores 30 this year and shows a difference with offensively talented linemates exited, not so sure that 7m is warranted. Could have a Lucic on our hands. Again, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I'm fine extending Lee (and Eberle for that matter), I just wouldn't be stupid enough to tell other teams they are not available because you never know what you can get in a trade.

Go back and read you original post and pay attention to the tone of your writing, then you might see where I think you are laying it on thick.
Lou is trying to extend Lee now, not after he puts up another 30 goal season.

I base my opinion on Lou and Lee's actions ( Lou naming Lee captain. Both sides trying to reach agreement on an extension).
Your opinion seems wishful thinking. Trade Lee ,a 40 goal scorer in his prime, for some magic beans.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
If eberle grew 4-5 inches and added another 35 or so pounds than I think the interest would be there from us. If the islanders have a top 6 power forward who can score and be useful in an inevitable series against the jets than we are game. We need less smith and more tuch kinda player. Eberle wouldn’t help us against Winnipeg

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If eberle grew 4-5 inches and added another 35 or so pounds than I think the interest would be there from us. If the islanders have a top 6 power forward who can score and be useful in an inevitable series against the jets than we are game. We need less smith and more tuch kinda player. Eberle wouldn’t help us against Winnipeg

We do but he’s our captain and best goal scorer. Only way I’d trade Lee is if he doesn’t have an extension in place by the deadline.

And Lee’s price is higher than Eberles.

Reactions: dano16

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Lou is trying to extend Lee now, not after he puts up another 30 goal season.

I base my opinion on Lou and Lee's actions ( Lou naming Lee captain. Both sides trying to reach agreement on an extension).
Your opinion seems wishful thinking. Trade Lee ,a 40 goal scorer in his prime, for some magic beans.

No idea where you get that from. My guess is it's dark, dirty, and full of gas. How about sticking to what I say and not what you think I mean Nostradamus?

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
This is right. If Lee isn't signed by the deadline (which in my opinion he will be) he will be bid on by any team that needs grit, and finishing. Who won't bid?

I mean, this is routine Lee. He doesn't just gather the rebound, he calmly roofs it from in tight. Puts his high shooting percentage in context.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/video/shot-game-sharks-unable-recover-anders-lees-goal

One of the best in front of the net that I can remember since Parrish/Holmstrom

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What do you
No idea where you get that from. My guess is it's dark, dirty, and full of gas. How about sticking to what I say and not what you think I mean Nostradamus?
What do you think teams pushing for a playoff run would offer for an impending ufa Lee?

Futures.Picks and prospects. Yah hoo :sarcasm: Nothing Nostradamus like about it

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
What do you

What do you think teams pushing for a playoff run would offer for an impending ufa Lee?

Futures.Picks and prospects. Yah hoo :sarcasm: Nothing Nostradamus like about it

I mean, we're three games into the season with a 2-1 record, in a year where Vegas odds have us finishing at the bottom of the NHL.

We'll see where we are at the deadline, but I pray Lou doesn't adopt Snow's "not trading a pending UFA I'm not going to resign is like getting a free rental!" philosophy that really hurt our team over the past decade or so.

I'm all for trying to get Anders to stay, but this careless dismissal of "magic beans" is no way to run a hockey organization.

Snow scoffed at "magic beans", not wanting to get a 1st for guys like Parenteau, Okposo, and even Tavares.

Snow scoffed at "magic beans", paying Vegas a high premium in draft picks to keep Calvin deHaan, only to see him get injured and walk to Carolina a season later. Brannstrom, Valimaki, Liljegren, Thomas, Chytil, Yamamoto, Vesalainen, Frost, Jokiharju, Tolvanen - good thing Snow made sure to protect CDH for 33 games in a non-playoff season rather than add any of these silly, worthless, magic beans to the Islanders organization.

Reactions: PWJunior

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Shouldn’t this above conversation be held in the isles forum? Safe to say preds need a power forward not small playmakers, and the isles have a power forward but is likely too valuable (and of course captain). I don’t think there is a deal to be made between these teams for the players discussed.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
i agree with Crew here, no one is saying that if he doesnt resign say before the deadline that we dont consider moving Lee, if we have to. but trading a 40 goal scorer SOLELY because of Tavares being a damned liar is kind of silly

id tend to think he wants to be here, he'll sign by then, if not, then we can always market him as the best scorer available. one of the best things about what that SOB did is it tells players who might be a free agent potentially if you want to be here, Make up your mind. Because management is in no mood for a repeat

Last edited:

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
Jordan Eberle is not worth a 1st round pick.

I especially say this bringing him into the western conference playoffs.

Things can get tough out west and Eberle is not one for physical hockey.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Jordan Eberle is not worth a 1st round pick.

I especially say this bringing him into the western conference playoffs.

Things can get tough out west and Eberle is not one for physical hockey.

and you and a few other oiler fans said he was finished when he left the oilers, isnt it funny that the oilers made the playoffs the year before WITH EBERLE, but were one of the worst teams in the west WITHOUT EBERLE

that clearly indicates the problem wasnt so much Eberle, as it was the Oilers.

and several of the oilers smarter fans have told me that Eberle was just a scapegoat. I trust them more than you anyday. he was fine physically last year and he had nearly twice as many hits as Connor McDavid, so I guess according to you, Connor McDavid is soft too.. oh and by the way Eberle had olmost as many hits as both of McDavids current line mates (RNH and Rattie) combined. so obviously they dont see physicality as an issue. otherwise they'd have kept Maroon whp had 150 hits, more than 5 times as many as McDavid and 3 times as many as RNH

Maybe just maybe, You know NOTHING about hockey.

the answer of course is that the Oilers are more of a finesse team than a Physical one so your complaints about Eberle are totally without merit. How Eberle will perform depends on the teams Style of Play, and he adapted just fine in NY. Id venture he'd adapt just as well to any team he went to.

Last edited:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I mean, we're three games into the season with a 2-1 record, in a year where Vegas odds have us finishing at the bottom of the NHL.

We'll see where we are at the deadline, but I pray Lou doesn't adopt Snow's "not trading a pending UFA I'm not going to resign is like getting a free rental!" philosophy that really hurt our team over the past decade or so.

I'm all for trying to get Anders to stay, but this careless dismissal of "magic beans" is no way to run a hockey organization.

Snow scoffed at "magic beans", not wanting to get a 1st for guys like Parenteau, Okposo, and even Tavares.

Snow scoffed at "magic beans", paying Vegas a high premium in draft picks to keep Calvin deHaan, only to see him get injured and walk to Carolina a season later. Brannstrom, Valimaki, Liljegren, Thomas, Chytil, Yamamoto, Vesalainen, Frost, Jokiharju, Tolvanen - good thing Snow made sure to protect CDH for 33 games in a non-playoff season rather than add any of these silly, worthless, magic beans to the Islanders organization.

I'll give you PAP although I remember the consensus back then was that he was a product of JT(he proved that wasn't the case the following year), so I would have been surprised if he returned a 1st. Still, he's pretty much the only guy you listed or that I could think of that makes sense.

Okposo's UFA year was the season we went to the 2nd round of the playoffs. No idea why we would have been looking to deal him or Frans for that matter. Especially since back then winning to keep JT happy was a "thing".

Tavares is debatable although most Isles fans I spoke with saw the possibility of re-signing him being worth more than anything we could have returned in a trade. Even though it's the obvious call now, if it were done back then it would have most likely created a fanbase rebellion and signaled for yet another rebuild. Plus, he was saying all the right things. Who would have believed after 9 years he was just jerking our chain the whole time? Snow bought his shit and I honestly don't blame him. I did too. A lot of people did, or at least wanted to.

Not sure who is left. There's Blake who walked as a UFA, but again that was a playoff year. Not just a playoff year but a year where they went out and dealt a lot to bring in Smyth. Wouldn't have made sense to do that only to turn around and deal your top scorer. I'm sure there are other guys that fit but no one that stands out. IMO the Tavares wound is still fresh so this probably seems like a more prominent issue than it actually was.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Naming a player captain and then trading him is off the charts stupid.
Especially in light of recent events.

So is keeping him past the deadline without an extension. Especially in light of recent events.

Best response below....no need to repeat what SI90 said, but you should read it over and over and over.

Reactions: SI90

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
What do you

If that's the only trade situation you can think of then maybe you aren't mentally prepared for this debate. I'll give you time to research other options and you can get back to me. Or not.

And I like how you changed your original answer from "magic beans" to "picks and prospects". It's almost like you think Matt Barzal just came to us the way he is and was never a prospect. :huh:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Tim Kerr ?
thats his closest comparable, excellent memory, Kerr may not have had Anders hands, which makes Lee so good but he was absolutely immoveable from his spot. Anders hands and feet are elite in the crease. its why ive no doubt that Lee would be fine with anyone. but Tim Kerr was just as good in his time

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

We can only go by Lou's comments and actions we have seen so far.

1. He said in the spring he needed to evaluate the players before making decisions.
2. Coming out of camp he named Lee captain although just weeks ago Lou& Trotz discussed going with no captain, going with several players wearing the A.
3. Press reports they are having extension talks.

I do not think Lou & Trotz would have named Lee captain if talks were not moving in a positive direction and they did not expect to get an extension done.

That does not mean talks cannot hit a snag at some point. Maybe the isles won't budge off 5 yrs,while Lee holds out for 7 or 8. However, there have no reports of an impasse and Lou has said he views the isles as a retool, not a total rebuild. He has said they have more pieces already in place, then Toronto did when he was hired by the Leafs

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If that's the only trade situation you can think of then maybe you aren't mentally prepared for this debate. I'll give you time to research other options and you can get back to me. Or not.

And I like how you changed your original answer from "magic beans" to "picks and prospects". It's almost like you think Matt Barzal just came to us the way he is and was never a prospect. :huh:
How many trades between a team pushing for a playoff spot and a team moving a ufa , involve quality nhlers going back to the team moving the impending ufa.

Almost all involve picks and prospects.
The year Matt Barzal fell in the draft, he fell because a knee injury that cost him his season.

Is that your bright idea? Trade a 40 goal scorer and pray a top prospect gets hurt and falls into the mid teens?

I do not know which of your arguments make the least sense:
1. Lee may look for $7m per ( which MaxPac & Kane got).
2. Lee may not live up to the new contract.
3.Isles got a steal drafting Barzal 16th overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad