Proposal: Nash/NYI

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Seems doable from the Perds perspective. At some point this season, assuming everything goes "according to plan", I can see the Preds trading a 1st+B prospect for a rental winger. Whether it is Eberle or somebody else, it is probably a move which fits the Nashville gameplan.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Trenin + 1st/2nd?

NYI needs to add some youth down the middle in their organization.

Reactions: IODCPiper

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Ask for first and a prospect and it would probably end up just being a first. Maybe a B or C level prospect added. Not a blue chip obviously

I’d ask for Farrance. Love him and wanted the isles to draft him.

So

To NASH- Eberle

To-NYI- 2019 1st + Farrance.

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
Agree that a 2019 1st round pick + is warranted and fair.

I would be happy for that "plus" to be ONE of these options:

• a 2019 3rd round prospect
OR
• Frederic Allard
OR
• Patrick Harper
OR
• Miro Svoboda

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
honestly, if we're dealing our 1st (which I wouldn't wanna do in the first place), I'd rather use that pick and something else to get an upgrade on Turris than get more wingers who we can't even afford to keep after the seasons done.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
What part of the season is this trade? Eberle playing with Sheriff Woody instead of Starzal will surely leave him at 10-10-20 at the midway point . Woody is no playmaker and Ebs needs someone to feed him opportunity . I say he is worth a first today with the season ahead .At the midpoint or deadline I say he only brings a 2nd unfortunetly or 2nd and 4th, or good but not great prospect. How's the Hartman kid working out ? You paid a lot for him . Can you keep trading firsts ?

LGI

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It would still be a deadline deal... and the market so far seems likely to have a lot of names on it... Eberle is just one... Preds can trade 1st+B Prospect for somebody, but no guarantee that Eberle will be the best option for that. Maybe yes, maybe no.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
And I would like something better than a late 1st, who is likely 2-3 years from contributing.
youre absolutely right Crew, Nashvilles first doesnt interest me in the slightest, the odds of a pick 25-30 becoming as good as eberle is, is somewhere around 3-5 percent. I understand that we're building for the future but giving players away to good teams like the predators for a low 1st isnt smart

they can win a cup with eberle ans the pick becomes even less valuable, I have no problem helping Nashville win, I just think that if we do, that we are adequately compensated

Last edited:
Reactions: Zenon Konopka Jr

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I'd rather keep the first than trade it and something else for a rental Eberle.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I'd rather keep the first than trade it and something else for a rental Eberle.
thats fine by me We're better trading him to a team trying to beat the predators anway, they'd be more motivated since you win more often, teams that win regularly are less likely to take a chance, whereas a team with an opportunity who hasnt won, recently is more eager to make a move when opportunity presents itself

the key is finding the team at the right time.I tend to think Nashville might be vulnerable ths year for the first time in a long time Rinne, Turris And Johanssen, coming off so so seasons, so some other teams might feel there is an opening. it bears watching.

but from my point of view I see Nasville as the central division's least likely team to show any urgency, its not a David Poile trademark. he strikes when he thinks he's getting a bargain. and the Isles shouldnt be dealing with him AT all....the Isles should be deailng with teams, with a sense of urgency. to get the best deal possible

Last edited:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Eberle would fit well into that Pred attack. He’s quick and skilled, like most of the Preds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad