Proposal: Nash/NYI

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Does Nashville happen to need a LW who can play C?

I'm giving up Brock Nelson for another 4th line forward or 8th defenseman and a pick. We're only about eight strong in the bottom two lines and currently have only four bottom-pairing defenseman.

We'd prefer someone with a long-term contract that's immovable...

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
And there is no other reason you could see why they wouldn't name Barzal captain? I'm giving you credit for being intelligent, try not to ruin it. Again, all i'm saying is there could be other reasons for naming Lee captain. I have no idea why you and hockey72 need everything at 100% or nothing and have no gray areas in your reasoning. This isn't a math problem with only one right answer and I've never used absolutes in anything I've said (until just now with the word never).
You are the one saying Lee was named captain so the isles could move on from the Tavares talk.
If moving past the Tavares talk was their big reason for naming a captain, why choose an impending ufa instead of the budding young star they are building around?
Barzal too young? Then name Leddy or Boychuk captains. Both have multiple yrs left on their contracts.

Instead,Lou names Lee.The impending ufa he is in extension talks with.

Your arguments in this discussion are weak and grasping at straws.
Also, you are not distracting other posters with childish insults. A good sign that a poster does not have strong arguments is when he tries to turn the discussion toward personal insults.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You are the one saying Lee was named captain so the isles could move on from the Tavares talk.
If moving past the Tavares talk was their big reason for naming a captain, why choose an impending ufa instead of the budding young star they are building around?
Barzal too young? Then name Leddy or Boychuk captains. Both have multiple yrs left on their contracts.

Instead,Lou names Lee.The impending ufa he is in extension talks with.

Your arguments in this discussion are weak and grasping at straws.
Also, you are not distracting other posters with childish insults. A good sign that a poster does not have strong arguments is when he tries to turn the discussion toward personal insults.

No, that's not what i'm saying. Again, I choose my words for a reason, don't ignore them. What I'm saying is it's possible they hurried to name a captain to move past the Tr91tor talk (there IS evidence that they are trying to do that part, could be connected to the captain choice, could be irrelevant). Again, this attitude like you know for sure when I'm clearly giving possibilities is irritating. Neither one of us can say for sure and who cares what percentage either one of us could be right. Possibilities don't automatically equal grasping at straws. That's just a term someone uses when they are stuck in their argument because they know they can't prove someone 100% wrong. The truth is neither of us know, which I can continually admit to whereas you seem to just be stuck on "I'm absolutely sure".

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
No, that's not what i'm saying. Again, I choose my words for a reason, don't ignore them. What I'm saying is it's possible they hurried to name a captain to move past the Tr91tor talk (there IS evidence that they are trying to do that part, could be connected to the captain choice, could be irrelevant). Again, this attitude like you know for sure when I'm clearly giving possibilities is irritating. Neither one of us can say for sure and who cares what percentage either one of us could be right. Possibilities don't automatically equal grasping at straws. That's just a term someone uses when they are stuck in their argument because they know they can't prove someone 100% wrong. The truth is neither of us know, which I can continually admit to whereas you seem to just be stuck on "I'm absolutely sure".

I got your point, that Lou named Lee Captain to move the conversation past "Tavares is gone ". And yes, the GM and headcoach have rightfully told the fans turn the page on Tavares.

Do you grasp my points that A) it does not make much sense to give the captaincy to an impending ufa you plan to trade in several months and
B) Lou had Boychuk, Barzal,Leddy who are each several yrs from unrestricted free agency that he could have choosen instead of the impending ufa.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Who is Eberele going to display on RW with the Preds? Seems like the wrong team for a trade. Non contenders at TDL hope contending teams have injuries, which might bring the best return.

Reactions: IODCPiper

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I got your point, that Lou named Lee Captain to move the conversation past "Tavares is gone ". And yes, the GM and headcoach have rightfully told the fans turn the page on Tavares.

Do you grasp my points that A) it does not make much sense to give the captaincy to an impending ufa you plan to trade in several months and
B) Lou had Boychuk, Barzal,Leddy who are each several yrs from unrestricted free agency that he could have choosen instead of the impending ufa.

I would say yes, it wouldn't make that much sense IF Lou gave him the captaincy, however I didn't see any articles on how that decision was made. It's sometimes the players who make it. I just don't see why it is so far fetched to believe a captain can't be traded, regardless of when it was given to him. Captains are traded all the time, especially on UFA years.

If you think i'm disagreeing with the fact that's it's likely an effort is going to be made to extend him (it takes two to tango) i'm not. If you want me to say it's 100% for sure he's not available I won't say that either. LL has been around the league long enough to know he's going to pick up the phone is someone is calling about Lee. Maybe not Barzal, but he will on Lee.

This also started when I told a Preds fan that Lee "may" be available...then I got jumped on like I suddenly control the destiny of Lee staying or going.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I would say yes, it wouldn't make that much sense IF Lou gave him the captaincy, however I didn't see any articles on how that decision was made. It's sometimes the players who make it. I just don't see why it is so far fetched to believe a captain can't be traded, regardless of when it was given to him. Captains are traded all the time, especially on UFA years.

If you think i'm disagreeing with the fact that's it's likely an effort is going to be made to extend him (it takes two to tango) i'm not. If you want me to say it's 100% for sure he's not available I won't say that either. LL has been around the league long enough to know he's going to pick up the phone is someone is calling about Lee. Maybe not Barzal, but he will on Lee.

This also started when I told a Preds fan that Lee "may" be available...then I got jumped on like I suddenly control the destiny of Lee staying or going.

I have read half a dozen ' Lou names Lee captain and has started extension talks' articles. Not one reports teammates voted Lee captain .

This thread was started just days after Lee was named captain and media reported the 2 sides in extension talks
If you look at Lou & Lee's comments and actions then your comment that Lee could be available was a stretch.

Could talks fall apart and the two sides be unable to reach a compromise, leading to a trade? Sure.
But, it is the early stages and there are no reports of an impasse . Zero signs Lee is available.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

After what the team has been through, there is no way you name a captain so you can trade him. If you do not understand that yet, you are not as brilliant as you think you are.

Reactions: 72hockey guy

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I have read half a dozen ' Lou names Lee captain and has started extension talks' articles. Not one reports teammates voted Lee captain .

This thread was started just days after Lee was named captain and media reported the 2 sides in extension talks
If you look at Lou & Lee's comments and actions then your comment that Lee could be available was a stretch.

Could talks fall apart and the two sides be unable to reach a compromise, leading to a trade? Sure.
But, it is the early stages and there are no reports of an impasse . Zero signs Lee is available.

Still don't know what you are fussing about. Who cares if it's a stretch? How does that impact your day? Not even sure why you had to comment on it to begin with. Tired of folks taking fictitious trade talks personally on here. Go get butthurt somewhere else.

Reactions: luki here

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Still don't know what you are fussing about. Who cares if it's a stretch? How does that impact your day? Not even sure why you had to comment on it to begin with. Tired of folks taking fictitious trade talks personally on here. Go get ******** somewhere else.
You still can't admit you were wrong. That's all this is. You are born with 2 Ears and one mouth for a reason.
I guess you never learned that distinction. Crew commented because unlike you he had read Trotz and Lamouriellos reasons for making Lee captain, whereas you didn't bother. The unfounded speculations you made were contrary to the reported facts. There is nothing wrong with correcting unfounded speculations.

How hard is it to say "I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for giving me the heads up" seem to me the only one having an issue with it is your Ego

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
After what the team has been through, there is no way you name a captain so you can trade him. If you do not understand that yet, you are not as brilliant as you think you are.
It's a reasonable conclusion that most people can follow, apparently those are not Leaps strong suits. Hell I've argued with people too but when they have information that I wasn't aware of, even a Brooklyn street kid like me, will re-evaluate. One of Crews greatest gifts that I've always admired and respected is his logical mind.

So your comment is particularly Germaine to this conversation. Especially the part about after what this team has been through. That frames everything perfectly. Who better symbolizes rock solid stability in Islanderville than Lee? That's his game after all, our "Rock of Gibraltar" in the Crease.

great connection and very descriptive of why he was named captain

Last edited:

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Another cliche empty term adding nothing to the conversation. Why are you here again? Typical peanut gallery shouting from the back "hit 'em".
And peanut gallery is not a cliche?
The conversation will end when you stop highlighting your ignorance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->