Name a series you are embarrassed to admit that you liked!

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That's what happens when you only have 10 channels to choose from

I almost said something similar earlier. Even after cable came along in the mid 80s, people still mostly watched the major networks until at least the mid 90s. I think that our house had something like 25 channels via cable during that time, but we still mostly watched ABC. Heck, that's all that I could watch on my bedroom TV for a long time because I didn't have cable in my room and ABC was our only local station. I probably watched a little of every show that ABC aired from the mid 80s to the mid 90s, whether it was worth watching or not.

Reactions: HansonBro

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I grew up in the 80's and we had one of those giant antennas at the side of the house. 15-20 channels was enough. Got the major networks at least. Cbc, ABC, NBC, fox... WB 49 was a great channel when it started in '87

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
One I watched as a teen

Power Rangers: Samarui

Was a pretty crappy show imo but liked it when it aired

A show I avoided but later loved after decling to watch

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I get it for the sake of nostalgia.

It’s objectively terrible though ;)

That show was great for me as it really made me realize my own bias, and many others' bias towards things simply because they are old.

I like Full House, I hate Fuller House.

Why? Fuller House is literally Full House if it premiered today.

Because one is from the 90's and the other is current.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I agree that Full House is terrible (personally, I hate the effect that nostalgia seems to have on so many people, because it creates doubt in old things that are actually great), but I mean, just the premise of Fuller House being a cheap callback to the old one alone would make it worse and more inorganic, all else being equal, no?
One I watched as a teen

Power Rangers: Samarui

Was a pretty crappy show imo but liked it when it aired

A show I avoided but later loved after decling to watch

Someone would have a better reason to feel embarassed to admit if they DON'T like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: hamzarocks

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Don't hate me till you watch it....the first 2 seasons of Glee. The great thing about that show was it was a spoof of teenage sitcoms and it was genuinely funny. Then it turned into Degrassi with music and became unwatchable.

Reactions: TNT87

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I actually got pressured from friends into watching the first season of Glee when I was younger and I remember it being dreadful. Maybe not aggressively so, and I get how casual watchers would be on board, but it was just completely soulless and artificial.
Really? Was that any good?
No, but it is neat to look back and realize that that's Dennis Reynolds.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Jericho

Earth 2 (What can I say? I really liked it when I was young)

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
GLOW is a great show. Admittedly I started watching it because Alison Brie wrestling, but turns out it was full of great characters and storylines. And Alison Brie wrestling in a leotard.

Why be embarrassed about that? The show was flat-out awesome.

I grew up watching more dramatic, gritty shows like The Sopranos that it felt out of place for me, especially how it felt more directed towards women.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad